Fortnite - Tower defence Loot 'em up!
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Im no kind of builder at all, but I’ve still won 99 v 1 games, and 4 v 4 games. I find that some smarts and resource management can often succeed against players who build like lunatics. Yesterday I won a team match by myself (the others died early or quit), through using explosives and decoys at the death. Was an immense feeling.

Aye a win in Fortnite does feel immense, still not felt anything like it in any other Battle Royale tbh. Think I'll start playing the regular modes again with the next season.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    How in the name of fuck do I link Nate's Switch account with his Xbox Live account so he can play on the Xbox with all the shite he's unlocked on the Switch version?

Every time I try to link his account on the Epic site it says he's already linked to Live even though he isn't because it's not showing as connected like the Switch account is. Fuck me gently. Round in circles we go
  • How in the name of fuck do I link Nate's Switch account with his Xbox Live account so he can play on the Xbox with all the shite he's unlocked on the Switch version?

Every time I try to link his account on the Epic site it says he's already linked to Live even though he isn't because it's not showing as connected like the Switch account is. Fuck me gently. Round in circles we go

You done this?

https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/epic-accounts-c74/connect-accounts-c110/how-do-i-link-my-console-account-to-my-epic-games-account-using-the-web-a3669
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Aye. I'm on Epic with his account, can see the Switch account is linked but not the Xbox one, and it gives me the option to link it. I try that, and it says it's already linked.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Only thing I can see it being is because he's on my Xbox family account, although it shouldn't be that because he has his own email address. If that's not a goer then fucking why not, and how does everyone else go about it?
  • Only thing I can see it being is because he's on my Xbox family account, although it shouldn't be that because he has his own email address. If that's not a goer then fucking why not, and how does everyone else go about it?

Family Share can cause account issues - the CS team at Epic should as a worst-case scenario be able to transfer the account to a new profile, if it comes to that (i.e. you create a new profile, if that's a thing in Fortnite, and the old one is transferred to it with everything in place). Or at least that's my experience of similar games in the past. Bit of a ballache ofc and will require opening a ticket with their CS team.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Let me inform you that in order to be able to link your son's Xbox account to his Epic Games account, the nameless account must be promoted first, due to your "nameless" account does not have an email address, you won't be able to delete it, because it does not have any information. What you can do in this case, is once you have promoted your "nameless" account and your son's Xbox account is linked to his Epic Games account, you can delete the "nameless" account because it is now going to have credentials, and the Xbox will no longer be linked to it.

This is where I stopped for the night. Soul destroying. They seem to think that I skipped the bit where it asked me to link an account. It didn't ask me to link an account and just signed Nate straight in when I booted the game. Great laughs all round. I need to create a username and email for his account (which already has a username and email attached as far as I tell) to "promote" it before I can delete it, then it'll ask if I want to link the new Xbox account. Mystifying stuff
  • Had a few games back on this this afternoon and actually really enjoyed it. Firstly, no build mode is perfect for old cunts like me. Secondly, I read this week that a recent update added the funky Nanite & Lumens tech from UE5 and the screens looked amazing, and yeah it runs brilliantly on the X. Looks sensational in areas.

Always good for a quick razz, I say.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Play Warzone DMZ with the lads
  • Need to do that too, aye.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Aye gerron it son.
  • Had a few games back on this this afternoon and actually really enjoyed it. Firstly, no build mode is perfect for old cunts like me. Secondly, I read this week that a recent update added the funky Nanite & Lumens tech from UE5 and the screens looked amazing, and yeah it runs brilliantly on the X. Looks sensational in areas. Always good for a quick razz, I say.

Fortnite is still a regular fixture in our household. My sons interest is slightly waning but new chapter/season has renewed his interest. Zero build has been a thing for a while now (thank christ).

You are right though, the newest update sure is noticeably pretty.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    I play it semi regularly with my boy and I have to say that I think it’s fantastic.

The new chapter really looks amazing and the gunplay still feels amazing. The weapons have to great weight to them and the motorbikes are a great new addition too.

We won a game last night; Isaac died and it was just me and the last player…..nailed him and won it for us…..felt totally exhilarating!!

I’ve still got it!!
  • Yeah, I hadn't played in probably 2-3 years, probably around when it launched on Switch, and right away we were in top 5, top 3 situations. Got a victory in our third game, felt great!

Now I want a fancy hat for my guy.
  • Nice. I play with my boy sometimes but I'm on the switch undocked while he is on Xbox, and it just doesn't have the level of detail I need lol. I need the big 4k to see Wtf is going on
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Looking forward to seeing the shinies
  • This is my kid's go to game and they're fantastic at it. Just to see them play on build mode is a sight to behold. 
    I must admit, it's definitely my go to game when it comes to playing something when I've got a spare 30 minutes and I prefer it on no build myself. The gun play is solid and they've really ramped up the quality of the graphics in the last big season change. huge amount of fun
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • My son does enjoy me telling him about playing it back in the original days, like I'm some kind of old sage regaling the history of the earth.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    My son does enjoy me telling him about playing it back in the original days, like I'm some kind of old sage regaling the history of the earth.

This... definitely this. 

If you are packing the Renegade Raider skin... my son would go absolutely nuts.
  • The bump on this made me re-download it and try zero build. 7 kills and 5th… pretty sure there was some very generous SBMM going on (or rather ‘hasn’t played the game in 5 years matchmaking). Might have to make it a one and done affair!
    GT: Knight640
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    The updated nanite graphics look amazing.

Here's a Digital Foundry video on what Epic have done.

https://youtu.be/O6GC8TZbJmI
  • Yeah watched that last night, really impressive stuff!
  • Knight wrote:
    The bump on this made me re-download it and try zero build. 7 kills and 5th… pretty sure there was some very generous SBMM going on (or rather ‘hasn’t played the game in 5 years matchmaking). Might have to make it a one and done affair!
    Yeah watched that last night, really impressive stuff!
  • It’s definitely looking sharper. Had the new engine do some interesting things to my gold Midas skin, but overall the lighting and little details are much improved. Broke away from my Rocket League addiction to play for an hour or so. I’ve still got it.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    I'd been playing the game in 120FPS mode and until I watched the Digital Foundry video, I had assumed that I was seeing all of the improved visuals.  

Switched to 60FPS and have had my little eyes blown away - real next gen stuff.
  • Yeah it really is sensational, you just really need to rip off the "but it's fortnite" prejudice specs. I'm raving about it to all my friends and getting really odd looks, lol
  • Ended up with 5 royale's last night, some buzz. Love the pistol/dmr combo.
  • DMR does seem good. Not really sure on other weapons yet. Was solo and kept getting third partied
  • You’ve got to *be* the third party. Sneaky does it.
  • When did they take away the gliding? Too many times I've "oh two secs lads lemme just jump down..... Fuck, someone come revive me" lol

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!