Omake disc content
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    One of the joys of having physical games, especially in CD format , is the possibility of being able to pop the disc in your PC have a look around.

Sega Saturn games in particular will quite often have an omake folder (means extra I believe). This will quite often contain documents and some artwork.

So why not share it? There is some nice stuff here.

I've uploaded a few omake folders onto my website for your perusal. I'll plough through my collection and will add links here from time to time.

Just browse to https://www.davykelly.com/omake
    Have uploaded omake folders for the following games:

Bubble Symphony (text file - Chrome will convert this)
    Fighters Megamix - loads of art in a RAR archive.
    Oshaberi Parodius (artwork, 1 text file - JPN needs correct encoding and translation)
    Radiant Silvergun (artwork, 2 docs with JP text - maybe someone can run these through a translation? Might do it myself when I can be bothered)
    Salamander - a folder containing some artwork - 11 pieces each in 3 different resolutions
    Sonic Jam - 4 pieces of artwork in 256 and 16M colours
    Soukyugarentai - a mini website about this game and Battle Garegga. Had to create an archive to download as the link refs don't work unless stored locally. It is JPN but Chrome does a good job of translating it.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Awesome stuff Davy
  • I could possibly forward the JP stuff to my fluent pal?
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Via Telephone Club?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Sounds great. I was going to see if Google Translate could do a job - a real life person would obviously do far better.

Was checking out some more discs last night and Fighters Megamix has a good sized RAR archive of art. Will put that up this evening.
  • If it's a real big job i might need to get them some booze but i know two people who are proficient enough to get it done.
  • I used to like when you could take the old black PSOne discs and pop them in your CD player to play the game’s soundtrack.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Think some Saturn games do that too.

Baku Baku had a "hidden" track that would play on a CD player.

You have to pay for Deluxe edition to get that nowadays !  :)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    If it's a real big job i might need to get them some booze but i know two people who are proficient enough to get it done.

'twould be for the greater good....the documents aren't that big but it's more than a page or two in some cases.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Added:

Fighters Megamix - loads of art in a RAR archive.
    Salamander - a folder containing some artwork - 11 pieces each in 3 different resolutions
    Sonic Jam - 4 pieces of art in 256 and 16M colours
    Soukyugarentai - a mini website about this game and Battle Garegga. Contains some tips, secrets and artwork.Had to create an archive to download as the link refs don't work unless stored locally. It is JPN but Chrome does a good job of translating it.

Just go to https://www.davykelly.com/omake
  • poprock wrote:
    I used to like when you could take the old black PSOne discs and pop them in your CD player to play the game’s soundtrack.

GTA was the da for that.

Tomb Raider 2 played the cutscene sounds as well.
  • Subsequest Core games had a snippet of speech from Firestorm: Thunderhawk 2 on the disc for some reason, if memory serves me correctly.  So if you popped Tomb Raider in a cd player, after the empty track, after the music, after the cutscene dialogue, the final track would say 'IT'S NINETEEN NINETY NINE...' from the briefing scene.  Can't remember the rest of it.  Does that count as an easter egg?

Edit: 'and the world is still a violent place in which to live', mayber?
  • Omake me a cake
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Sega Saturn Twinkle Star Sprites comes in a 2 disc pack. The 2nd disc is called the Omake disc - it's a gallery of artwork which may include fan art - can't remember. It is only viewable via the Saturn but put the omake disc in a PC drive and you will find an omake folder on the omake disc.

Omake Omake if you like.

Has some preliminary hand drawn sketches. Odd omake.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!