Ozstock: The Melbourning - Sat 7th October - Venue TBC
‹ Previous1234567
  • Booked a short holiday for October. Australia, this time.

Yes!!!!! Melbourne? I'll be ready with a hug when you land!

Sydney. Might head out elsewhere - think we were looking southwards from there, not sure yet. But it's gonna be a quick one.

Would be nice to try and meet some Oz-based Badgers, though, so I'll try and swing something if possible.
    Don't think there's any of us in Sydney.
    Sker, Face, Some guy and moi are all in melbs. Vela is western. Not sure where Wario is.

Melbourne is a cool place. Best coffee too.
    Then I'll talk to the missus and try to swing Melbs.

So, I talked to the missus and it seemed that she really wanted to visit Melbourne while we were there - 2 birds, 1 stone.

So yeah. I shall be in the Land of Oz from the 4th of October to the 13th. We'll be landing in Sydney and then probably spending a day or two there, so that means we might be able to head down to Melbourne for a meet and greet sometime between the 7th and the 11th.

(We may arrive on the 6th, but Face can't do the 6th for a meet up, so that day can't be a big thing)

I just wanna throw this out there and see:
    1. If there are badgers who can and would like to attend.
    2. If there is a specific day from the 6th to the 11th of October that makes attendance more likely.

Australia HYPU!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Which tube line is this on?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Hmm, if you'd said the Northern line. I'd be in.
  • Shit. Sorry buddy. Next time, eh?
  • Boom shakalaka.

School holidays second week for most of that. Calendar says I'm free most nights except friday 6th. 

If it's 2 nights and it's only you and the missus we could even house you.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Shit. Sorry buddy. Next time, eh?

You had your chance.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Shit. Sorry buddy. Next time, eh?

You had your chance.

:(

Facewon wrote:
    Boom shakalaka.

School holidays second week for most of that. Calendar says I'm free most nights except friday 6th. 

If it's 2 nights and it's only you and the missus we could even house you.

Awesome. We might take you up on that offer, and I'll make sure to avoid the 6th.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    2 birds? Is this some Chinese thing?
    gamer of the year 2017
  • Awesome!
    The weekend would probably be best for me but I can make any day work around that time if need be.

Need to start thinking of venues!
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapey
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    To avoid Skerret? I should give the outpost a swerve.
  • FYI any brits herewho want jobs could try getting elected. I hear the nationals party have some vacancies soon...
    ........................................................................................|...........
  • I have a strong policy on boats, will that do?
  • If you come from the UK, you could even be our PM.
    ........................................................................................|...........
  • Vela wrote:
    If you come from the UK, you could even be our PM.

Well, PM does stand for Pom Minister, after all.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I'm in, no venue can keep me out.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret wrote:
    I'm in, no venue can keep me out.

Yas!

Then, for now, how about we set it provisionally for the 7th? That may change but it's worth moving towards some sort of set date.
  • Cool, what kind of food/booze do you like? I've got a couple of ideas of things.
  • Also reply to my message Skerret ya ding dong
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapey
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Cool, what kind of food/booze do you like? I've got a couple of ideas of things.

Prawns and tinnies. Skert has artisan labels.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Also reply to my message Skerret ya ding dong
    Ah shiiiit soz I will tomorrow eh
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Cool, what kind of food/booze do you like? I've got a couple of ideas of things.

Venue suggestions:

Jooce nightclub.

Stylus/Diamonds.

Wobbies World.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    Wobbies World.
    Fuckin' A.

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Is that Oz for Weightwatchers?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message

Happy to defer to you on this one- you know what's good in the area, and the missus and I are far from picky eaters. What did you have in mind?

Also, suggestions for things to do in Melbourne would also be appreciated, if you have any ideas. We'll be arriving there on the evening of the 4th (very late) and leaving on the 8th, so we'll have a few days of sightseeing. We'll have a wander and probably check out any museums / uni campuses. Anything else that absolutely shouldn't be missed?
  • I'm out of the loop.

I'd just go good food hunting.

Come with us to the Vic market for our weekly shop on the Friday morning.

Depending where you stay, Astor for a movie could actually be awesome. The zoo is legit. I dunno.
  • The neighbours street is in a fucking shit part of town.
  • Facewon wrote:
    The neighbours street is in a fucking shit part of town.

My wife would be devastated if she had ever seen, or even heard of, Neighbours.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Come with us to the Vic market for our weekly shop on the Friday morning.

Done. We'll be there.
  • Food is very open to options in Melbourne as we have great versions of everything but could do some nice Australian style dining perhaps. There's nothing especially Aussie about it except for the produce. Or find a place that does good kangaroo as it's very tasty.

I would say the most Melbourne meal you could have is a good brunch. The city is chock full of quality places but can throw some recommendations out.

For drinks I know a couple of good cocktail Bars including one that does mean Espresso Martinis. There's also a good dive-style bar and I should probably look into some alley bars too as that scene is pretty cool and good for a more quiet drink and chat

As for things to do I'd say there aren't too many 'sights' like Sydney with the bridge and whatnot but there's always things on like art shows etc. It's a good city to wander in and see what catches your fancy. St Kilda is nice for a walk too and you can usually see fairy penguins just off the pier there. If you want to spend a day out of town it's worthwhile going down to the great ocean road. I could possibly drive you guys if I'm free otherwise there's heaps of bus tours.
    Or head the other way to the wine region in the Yarra valley. As face said, the zoo is top notch too if that's your bag.
‹ Previous1234567

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!