Dauntless - PC Monster Hunter
‹ Previous123
  • I've just signed up for a Founder's Pack after following Monster Hunter luminaries such as Arekkz and Gaijin Hunter.

Looks awesome if you're a Monster Hunter fan, and I know there are a few on this fine forum.

You have to pay for the privilege for early access and have a reasonable PC, but apart from that, the hunts are on.

https://playdauntless.com/
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Might give it a twist
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I'll give it a reckoning.
  • Cool, I may dabble.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It can fuck off.
  • $70 for founding can.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'll wait till it's f2p, I'm not sure my laptop can handle it (it is about the best laptop you could get a year ago) and I'm still playing MH.

I've watched Gajin's videos and it does look fun, so so knows.
  • Will wait for the public build. Watched a lot at the weekend and the monsters seem to show no reaction to player hits. And they like to stand still/in place a lot and then do a move that hits or they move off. They also seem to be in slow motion, their bounces are floaty, leaving lots of openings until they do a scripted move. Very little personality.

Landscape needs some life and I'm not a fan of the Torchlight graphic style.

Not played it so it might be awesome in the final release.

I stopped looking on the forums for this a few months ago when they changed the forum. I now have to put in email and password every time! No thanks.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Let me know when the Battlepipes update hits.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Saw this in this month's EDGE, I am intrigued. Currently the devs are saying it'll be free to play, with only cosmetic stuff costing actual money. If it's good, hopefully that model will create enough cash to support the game. Worth a spin at gratis, I reckon.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Isn't the point of MoHun to rip your clothes out of something's barely breathing hide.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I mean stop me if this is wrong but I thought MoHun was a fashion game.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    You kill monsters to turn their flesh into clothes, so you can fight bigger monsters, and turn their flesh into trendier clothes. Repeat ad nauseum.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Sometimes you also kill monsters so you can make clothes for your cat. (Or send your cats away to get them bits themselves). Don't forget creating weapons from bits, and the decorations! 

So yeah, lot's of killing to make yourself look good.
  • Ayns, let us know your impressions.

What pc/laptop spec are you running these days?
  • My laptop's an i7 with 8gb RAM and and a GFX960M.  Not stellar these days.

The community at this stage is very helpful - not encountered any duffers in hunts etc.

The combat feels appropriately "chunky" in line with MH.  You have to put up with the lack of optimisation with some of the frames/animation in combat but I always feel like any death that happens is my fault and not down to the state of the game.

There's the usual MH deal with armour sets and weapons, plus other funkyness with regard to your flares, banners and emotes that you can gain.

You can play for slightly cheaper from 1 September.  I'm only in because I got sucked in by the tutorial videos at an early stage.  The weapons all feel responsive and have that delicious MH delay and style to then.

Currently rocking some cool owl gear and sword.
  • Cool.  I assumed you'd upgraded as it looks like Dauntless needs something beefy to run.

You need to broadcast it on Twitch.
  • I just got it to support the devs tbh. 

That and the fact that the hammer HAS 4 SHOTGUN SHELLS IN IT MAN!

*ahem
  • Still plugging away at this.  Been rocking the chain blades - allows you to burst towards and away from the monster as long as you maintain good damage when you're close up.

There's a reasonable amount of monsters and it's kept me occupied at times as a change from MHXX on the switch.

At times the game can look great with lighting effects adding atmosphere at different times of the day whilst you're hunting.  It's moving forward.
  • Generally not worth dropping for yet tbh, but will see what the Halloween event patch brings.
  • Got some firey chain blades at last! Feeling it now as I've been on for the last 3 evenings.  Still clunky tbh but raw monster hunting action is pretty sweet.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Played this for the first time since MHW release.

Cool, but overshadowed now.
  • Open beta starts on Thursday around 10pm.

Might have a look but I’ve lost a lot of interest in this having seen Twitch streams and with MHW being so good.
  • Awesome start to open beta.  Downloaded the game quickly so that was good.

Clicked play: "Our login servers are currently experiencing heavy demand. There are 23,054 people in front of you. Estimated wait time 60+ minute(s)."

Night.
  • Just tried again.  A mere 87,668 in front of me this time.

Wonder if I'll get to play it before the open beta closes.  (no idea if there a set time for it or not).
  • Yes! I’m surprised as well. I can’t see those numbers holding up especially when Monster Hunter World launches on the PC. And that’s probably why they don’t have enough servers now.

However, I might change my mind if the game is actually good. Just like to be able to play it!
  • 83,051 as of now.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Have you got a game yet or has it been a total washout?
‹ Previous123

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!