Which ailments currently beplague you
  • Yossarian wrote:
    So yeah, I never come in this thread and have only just seen Mostly’s news. I’m really sorry to hear that man, you’re a star and know that if there’s anything that I can do for you, just ask. Many hugs, dude.
    Yeah, same.
  • Put me down as not really entering this thread so only just seen the news Mostly. Let me know if there is anything I / we / the entire forum can do to help!
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • I'm just here for mostly. All you pussies with your colds can get tae fuck.

;)
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Put me down as not really entering this thread so only just seen the news Mostly. Let me know if there is anything I / we / the entire forum can do to help!

Ditto on this - I rarely come in here, but fucking hell Mostly...sorry to hear your news, but it’s great to hear you keeping positive. you kicked its arse once you can do it again.

Gamertag: gremill
  • Spent a few hours in hospital tonight.

Been having harsh pains in my lower right abdomen occasionally over the last couple of days. Similar thing happened a couple of weeks ago and I put it down to a bit of gas/constipation. Tonight it came back strong and didn't seem to want to go so we headed off.

Some blood tests, an x-ray, a drip and an enema (!) later and it seems likely it was down to a bit of gas/constipation. Maybe IBS if it keeps happening.

Not quite what I had planned tonight.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Damn Jon shitter of a night.

I might have to have the old tube down the neck soon, woop
  • Damn Jon shitter of a night.
    Yeah, literally. Highlight was the enema. For some reason they thought I'd be more comfortable having my wife do it, so I'm lying there on my side with here trying to squirt this bottle of stuff up my arse (just a normal night in, right?). Despite the discomfort, there's no way you can take that seriously. 
    I might have to have the old tube down the neck soon, woop
    Yipes.
  • Damn. Be well people. Here's hoping folks only get stuff up their ass they want from now on.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Get well soon Jon! Hopefully that's the end of it, but stay on top of any symptoms returning!

And good luck DS. My advice, have the general anaesthetic if it's offered. There's:
    A) no point behind brave, it's an unpleasant procedure. Doesn't hurt, it's just unpleasant.
    B ) they've only got one machine in Salford Royal and the scope has already been up my arse.
  • I had the tube down my throat twice in the past few years. I had it without the general because I’m a fucking man and can take this shit.

Srsly, it’s actually not too bad at all. Just remember to keep swallowing. Took to it like a fuck to water, weirdly.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I've got a phobia about stuff down my throat so would be a knockout job, it's been swollen for time and anti biotics ain't doing shit.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    No tranny jokes cocko
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    No cocko jokes tranny
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I had the tube down my throat twice in the past few years. I had it without the general because I’m a fucking man and can take this shit. Srsly, it’s actually not too bad at all. Just remember to keep swallowing. Took to it like a fuck to water, weirdly.

Had the old surgical snake don't my throat a couple of times too. I wasn't given an option - they jabbed me with Valium and they could have put that tube anywhere for all I cared.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Watery fucks
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I am currently out my tits on drugs, Just been to he dentist for the first stage of my tooth implant surgery and opted to be sedated.Procedure I'm told went well (thank fuck cause it's caosting me thousands), but yes, I'm home now and absolutely out my tree on whatever it was they gave me. Good news is I have literally no recollection of any of the procedure.

high as a kite

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Nice. Watch that drugs thing off itv from last night, should work well in your state.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    This too

2wbeVQ7.gif
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • g.man wrote:
    I am currently out my tits on drugs, Just been to he dentist for the first stage of my tooth implant surgery and opted to be sedated.Procedure I'm told went well (thank fuck cause it's caosting me thousands), but yes, I'm home now and absolutely out my tree on whatever it was they gave me. Good news is I have literally no recollection of any of the procedure. high as a kite g.man

You got any leftover I can have?!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I’m currently going through a bout of insomnia of sorts. I have no trouble going to sleep, but wake up too early and can’t sleep properly again, just drift in and out - I’ve stopped looking at the time when I do wake up but reckon I’m getting 5 hours or less a night of proper sleep. Some days I feel totally fucked and need a fuckton of caffeine to get me through the day. On one of the days last week I got quite down/depressed about it. Hate it.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I’m currently going through a bout of insomnia of sorts. I have no trouble going to sleep, but wake up too early and can’t sleep properly again, just drift in and out - I’ve stopped looking at the time when I do wake up but reckon I’m getting 5 hours or less a night of proper sleep. Some days I feel totally fucked and need a fuckton of caffeine to get me through the day. On one of the days last week I got quite down/depressed about it. Hate it.

Perhaps the fuckton of caffeine needed to get through the day is having an effect on your sleep quality?  Coffee up until mid afternoon at the latest and see how you get on from there.  You’re not on any tablets are you? For anything at all?  My sleep was bollocksed for a couple of months whilst i took some tablets for a toenail infection.  Finished the three month course and went back to sleeping like a baby.
  • Fuckton of caffeine isn’t often, is always by mid afternoon anyway, and only started after the sleeping problems had been going on for a couple of weeks. 

Besides, I thought caffeine affects being able to go to sleep (which I don’t suffer from), not getting up too early? Dunno. 

No caffeine today in afternoon at all. See how I go.

Nope, not on any tablets for anything at all. No changes or dietary habits or daily routine. It’s why I’m a bit perplexed.
  • Consider knocking any alcohol intake for a few days as well. Always tend to find that goes some way to sorting my own sleeping problems.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    If I can't sleep I get up , go downstairs and browse the web / watch shite on youtube. I'm usually droopy eyed within an hour and I'll get back to sleep despite the walk back up stairs.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Kazuo wrote:
    Consider knocking any alcohol intake for a few days as well. Always tend to find that goes some way to sorting my own sleeping problems.

I don’t think elf drinks...
  • I do find that if things are going well with life, I’m enjoying current work projects or doing fun stuff on a weekend I tend to wake early/middle of the night - sometimes a few times a night as well. It’s irritating but I usually get to a point within a day or three that means I’m gonna sleep whatever I’ve got going on.
    Perhaps it’s just a sign that you’re really pleased and happy with life and can’t wait to get the day going?
    That’d be a kinda nice problem to have. Mabe-er.
  • My health has gone to shit since my accident. Still in constant pain, especially my neck, but now also my back and kidneys. Looks like I'm having an MRI scan next week. This has been a pain in the arse to organize. I have been given a list of 30 providers and I have to phone each and every one myself to see who can see me first. I then have to coordinate this with my insurer.

I think the hospital really let me down when I was first brought in. Subsequent doctors I have seen said they should have given me an MRI sooner, and we're surprised by the lack of advice I was given. instead they ejected me after a couple of hours. I suspect this was because I did t have any insurance details with me at the time.

The thing that's really getting me down is I have to work all this time, when really I should be resting. Already taken two weeks off sick (with no pay) and I can't afford any more time to recover or I will struggle with the rent. I currently have the walking skills of a pensioner.

Also haven't been to the gym since all this happened, which has only accelerated the appearance of physical deterioration
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Just having a whine but I've got a dead leg today. Thing is it's actually excruciating, and so frustrating as I can't do anything about it
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    From footballings?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    No from dancing like a lunatic, and whatever else happened after the goig last night, blank spot, late for work, bad ben

edit: though I do now see why footy ball players have to miss games with it sometimes
    I'll not be at floorball practise tomorrow, would be a waste of time given I can't move properly

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!