MuseChick
    Xbox
    MuseChick
    PSN
    MuseChick
    Steam
    musechick

Send message
    Will add some ginger to my slippery elm concoction.

I have some Huel arriving tomorrow, for dinner I've got a delicious canned meal replacement drink. Mmmmm.
  • Huel is wrongest.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Nina wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Carbs are the best TBF.

Tastiest, they can be. Best? By far, no. Apart from fibre, which is more or less essential, the other carbs are useless. Not needed. Can do without.

Just ask Skerret. I think he’s still full-on keto!
    I don't think keto is recommended for women that much, unless you're already super healthy, have regular blood checks and a good coach. Women need carbs (more then men) for good hormone regulation, and there's already a lot that's messing with that, that adding another isn't advisable. Birth control pill is supposedly one of the worst (and there aren't that many good alternatives either).

At least, that's what I read about keto.

Wife has dabbled with full on keto, with no disceranle issues. She’s still pretty low carb in her eating, more primal than keto at the mo. She’s giving carnivore diet a go cos she’s weird.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I tried slippery elm and it was so awful that it convinced me to look for another solution. So well done slippery elm!
  • I've been on omeprazole for 7 years, my problems started when they found out I had a h.pylori infection which was apparently successfully treated, since then I have had a barium swallow (which didn't show anything, but it sounds like you need this doing MuseChick, it's pretty fun) a gastroscopy (which just showed a bit of gastritis, and the biopsy found no trace of h.pylori), an ultrasound (again nothing).

They ended up saying if I want the symptoms to stop I have to have fundoplication surgery, which is wrapping the top part of the stomach around the esophageal sphincter to tighten it, as it must not be closing fully shut, but that seemed a bit drastic based on my symptoms, and 90% of people just take PPIs and antacids 

As for my stomach I take a probiotic pill daily, manuka honey, ginger, apple cider vinegar, odourless garlic, all seems to work well, also not eating 2 or 3 hours before bed as said above is absolutely vital. I've been off gluten for months now, too. I can't have any kind of fruit anymore, I tried to eat pomegranate the other day and it was devastating. Plenty of vitamin C in spinach so I eat lots of that. Tomatoes are lethal.
  • MuseChick
    Show networks
    Twitter
    MuseChick
    Xbox
    MuseChick
    PSN
    MuseChick
    Steam
    musechick

Send message
    @Kow Haha you just didn't like the taste or? I've found it pretty helpful with the reflux and it just tastes like a dusty cupboard to me
  • MuseChick
    Show networks
    Twitter
    MuseChick
    Xbox
    MuseChick
    PSN
    MuseChick
    Steam
    musechick

Send message
    @ZMM Yeah I'm really trying to avoid having to go down any medication or investigation routes if I can help it, none of the tests sound particularly fun. I'm hoping just being strict with when I'm eating + what I'm eating will help long term and that I can get past this swallowing nonsense with a few days of TLC (not the no scrubs kind)
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It was the disgusting gloop that it turned into and I was expected to drink. In the end I tried eating a spoonful of the powder and washing it down with a glass of water as fast as possible but clumps always got stuck in my teeth and made me retch. Horrible stuff.
  • MuseChick
    Show networks
    Twitter
    MuseChick
    Xbox
    MuseChick
    PSN
    MuseChick
    Steam
    musechick

Send message
    Oh the clumps are not good but I quite enjoy the gloop, feels soothing
  • Like ZMM my omeprazole prescription has been for the last few years, and it actually hadsmeant that I'm able to tolerate most of what are usually my trigger foods. I'm really not very good at being disciplined with what I eat... So long as I remember to take it in the morning I don't get the reflux problem at all, but when I forget it really details my entire day. @Muse I'm guessing you've had it prescribed in the past as well?
  • MuseChick
    Show networks
    Twitter
    MuseChick
    Xbox
    MuseChick
    PSN
    MuseChick
    Steam
    musechick

Send message
    Was prescribed lansoprazole but started to make improvements before I tried it so never did
  • Keep up with huel or an equivalent, at least you know you are getting what your body needs
  • MuseChick
    Show networks
    Twitter
    MuseChick
    Xbox
    MuseChick
    PSN
    MuseChick
    Steam
    musechick

Send message
    Yeah I didn't have anything in for the last 3 days so was just eating pureed and watered down food but in much smaller quantities and I don't think it was nearly enough calories.

Noticing that my reflux doesn't seem to like water after evening food.
  • Muse - if your reflux is so bad that you can’t swallow you need to see a doctor. I know you want to avoid any investigations, but it’s pretty much essential in anyone who’s experiencing swallowing problems.
  • Listen to Tin.
    Edit: Please.
  • MuseChick
    Show networks
    Twitter
    MuseChick
    Xbox
    MuseChick
    PSN
    MuseChick
    Steam
    musechick

Send message
    Have got an appointment with a gastro consultant on Friday which feels like an age away while things are this bad but it's the earliest that was available. Now to panic it's throat cancer or something.
  • Hope you can find a solution to all this Muse. Sounds like you're having a terrible time of it.

best wishes

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • MuseChick wrote:
    Have got an appointment with a gastro consultant on Friday which feels like an age away while things are this bad but it's the earliest that was available. Now to panic it's throat cancer or something.

Glad to hear you’re getting it checked out, and hope they find an answer for you soon.
  • MuseChick
    Show networks
    Twitter
    MuseChick
    Xbox
    MuseChick
    PSN
    MuseChick
    Steam
    musechick

Send message
    Doc said he suspects the swallowing issue is just irritation from the reflux but wants to rule out anything mechanical and or a hernia so I'm going in Tuesday morning for a barium swallow. Thanks for the well wishes all.
  • Could a barium swallow carry a coconut? Are they migratory?

(sorry Muse, hope they find a solution and you're all sorted asap!)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Thats the second time this week someone has mentioned a swallow carrying a coconut. Is that a monty python sketch?
  • I was up north for a long weekend. I am now 80% midge bites and only 20% human.

My wife has no bites. Not one. I am covered in the fucking things. Why does that always happen?
  • iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • It’s annoying, I’ll tell you that much. And itchy as hell.
  • MuseChick
    Show networks
    Twitter
    MuseChick
    Xbox
    MuseChick
    PSN
    MuseChick
    Steam
    musechick

Send message
    Everything seems to munch me and they always swell up like crazy.

Swallowing update - still can't swallow good. Have lost 4lbs. Would really like a burger.
  • MuseChick wrote:
    Have lost 4lbs.

Jesus. What’s the progress with the docs?
  • MuseChick
    Show networks
    Twitter
    MuseChick
    Xbox
    MuseChick
    PSN
    MuseChick
    Steam
    musechick

Send message
    Had a barium swallow which showed absolutely nothing wrong mechanically which is good I guess. But I kinda had a feeling it wasn't gonna show anything up, my problem is at it's worst in the evenings, when my stomach is somewhat full and with food I have to chew. Barium swallow was first thing in the morning, my gut was practically empty + fasted and it's liquid. 

So yeah, reassuring that there's nothing wrong with the mechanics but if it's just being caused by irritation from the acid, then I don't know how long that takes to heal or what. I've made a tiny bit of progress, at it's worst I'm not able to even swallow my own saliva without effort but a few of my mushy meals over the last few days have felt slightly more "automatic" and normal so, I'm hoping it's just going to improve and in the meantime I'm just trying to figure out ways of getting calories in relatively small, liquid meals. Am going to email my consultant tomorrow to give him an update and see what he suggests next.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!