Punching ozno in the fuck - boxing and MMA for girlie men
  • No, like is said he talks a lot of shite and probably doesn't anyalyse the potential loaded meanings in his speech much/at all. There's no *insert derogatory label* intent on his end imo, even if it's very easy to interpret his output that way.

• 'Dancing monkeys' ffs.

Edit: It's literally indefensible. I find the man very charismatic - which he undoubtedly is - but that doesn't preclude him from being an ubertwat.
  • When I see something walking and quacking like a duck, I don't ponder whether it actually intends duck-like behaviour.
  • Who you calling a quacker-ass quacker?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The bants Ali came out with at George Foreman and in particular Joe Frazier were close to the edge. (He called Frazier an Uncle Tom).

But we are talking a different class here - and it was black men arguing amongst themselves. Foreman and Frazier admitted later that Ali had apologised and it was all about the hype. Though I don't think Frazier ever got over it.

Ali also knew an angry fighter was more controllable.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • In case anyone hasn't seen it. Here's a couple of mins of gold from Derrick Lewis after the single greatest comeback in a fight ever seen, statistically.

Ftr, he's joking about Trump. Some sites didn't get that.
  • And on the flip side, this is the man who helped victims of Hurricane Katrina escape their flooded homes. He's a genuinely great guy. So I hope he can get some shine going forward.

And looking forward I'm heavily buzzed Ortega v Holloway is booked again. If you want to hear more good stories, check out the pair of them. Hyper talented, great folks. Ortega ftw tho. He's a dude.
  • Lewis' post fight interview was amazing yeah.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I'm no UFC fan but came in here to see who won anyway, then omd that discussion about racist language was an eye opener.

Intent doesn't matter, if CM is using racist terminology for show then it still influences his fans and people who see it and normalises racist terminology, or homophobic etc.

I can't believe there's someone on this forum who's arguing against this.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    I can't believe there's someone on this forum who's arguing against this.
    I can.

Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I can't believe that you can live with yourself.
  • nick_md wrote:
    I'm no UFC fan but came in here to see who won anyway, then omd that discussion about racist language was an eye opener. Intent doesn't matter, if CM is using racist terminology for show then it still influences his fans and people who see it and normalises racist terminology, or homophobic etc. I can't believe there's someone on this forum who's arguing against this.

The discussion was about whether Connor was a racist or not, that was the scope of it far as I was concerned. If you want to extend the scope out now and have a broader structural discussion off you go then. I'm out.

Back on topic I do like this guys detailed breakdowns:

• Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    indigoDos wrote:
    I can't believe that you can live with yourself.
    I hope you find the help you need.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret wrote:
    I can't believe that you can live with yourself.
    I hope you find the help you need.

Proper LOL, cheers!

Can we get back on topic now?
  • I'll try (despite the obv futility) anyways: 

Jones vs Gustaffson 2 is on for the light-heavyweight belt Dec 29...HYPE.

• Ridiculous stuff.  Unbelievable KO with 1 second left on the clock, and down on the scorecard!
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Yeah that was utterly insane. What a fight.
  • Yeah he well knocked that man unconscious, just look at him fall all limp. Top sport.
  • Calm yourself Nick. I don't care for the fightings either, but it is what it is. No-one is being forced to compete, and there is a huge audience for it.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Noted, I'll take my leave. Sorry chaps, each to their own.
  • If you haven't been at the Bois/Biederman SB Nation short series, consider doing so. As a not MMA person, it's been pretty good in an Adam Curtis-y sort of tone.
  • Can confirm. Fantastic stuff.
  • Quite excited about tonight. Fury shouldn't stand a chance yet somehow I reckon he'll at least be standing at the end. I can't think of any boxer ever who's gone through that amount of drink, drugs and food and made an even half decent comeback and yet he gives the impression of being too mental to actually lose. Christ, imagine a Joshua Vs Fury fight of he wins.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • What time’s it on?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • 5am. I shall set the alarm and watch it on the laptop.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Wilder late stoppage or Fury on points. Fuck staying up, I'll catch highlights in the morning.
  • Anyone else up? Didnt think I'd get drawn into this but I have. Fury just walking into the ring now...

To Gala?!

Wilder looks nervous
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Fury boxing well going into 4th. Wilder missing loads but it'll only take one to land and Fury will be in trouble.
  • Fury's movement excellent, Wilder throwing and missing some big punches. Could argue Fury has the first 6 rounds here.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!