WORST GAME OF THE YEAR 2017 THATS RIGHT
  • Everybody's Golf deserves a mention even though it's great fun to play, because of it's stingy, grindy microtransactiony horse shit.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Destiny 2 had a seat in my top5 for a brief periods and it's fallen out because it just has no content after the campaign. I know that it's a weird equivalence , but it's a game designed to be played for 100s of hours. It won't be anywhere near my worst games though either. Just existing.

Aye. I've enjoyed what I played so far. But I've hit level 276, need to do a couple more things including a Nightfall and raid if I can then there's nothing else to do but PvP which I actually enjoy. But just cos I'm not spending hundreds of hours doing repetitive rubbish doesn't mean I didn't enjoy what I've played so it's still in my good books overall.
    This is exactly me

So neither of you have done the Raid, Nightfall, or Banner yet there's no content after the campaign? And yes it's a game designed to be playe fir hundreds of hours including DLC, if you've already played for 24 hours and still not done the raid I think it's on course. This is a weird list, isn't it more just the 'games you didn't' like not the 'worst games' list?
  • If you don't like a game it is bad to you

For example, Forza: all awful. Stupid car stuff, put it in a massive bin. 0/10. What if the cars were robots? Now we're talking.

also gaze upon the seagull
  • I quite like Destiny 2. It's better than the first game. But it's one of the worst games I've played this year. Also one of the best. Cos I've only played around 7 or 8 games from this year. 

Worst game list would be more meaningful if we played tonnes of games. Or just make bad buying/playing decisions.

This is just a jokey banter type thread. Right?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yeah it's always a bit of both I think, I've never taken it seriously because it's rare i've had to play truly bad and broken games
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I quite like Destiny 2. It's better than the first game.

It really isn’t. The early game is better, but overall it’s much weaker. I can’t see in keeping a community anywhere near as long as D1 did without some major changes.
  • Stopped playing first game cos got bored after 10 hours or whatever. Have played sequel much more. Therefore sequel is better. Simples.
  • The advert for Destiny 2 is the worst game of 2017.
    I only assume people like Destiny 2 because you spend 100 hours stamping on that twat robot's face.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I still think anyone shouting D2 in here is completely missing the point
  • Rime
    could have been sublime
    sadly it was very pretty but so boring it was a crime
    so dull it felt like doing time
    starring a fox as annoying as a mime
    it was less profound than donkey slime
  • Did you make it to the end?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Stopped playing first game cos got bored after 10 hours or whatever. Have played sequel much more. Therefore sequel is better. Simples.
    If the D2 playtime boards look like this in a few years, maybe you'll have a point. I'm not holding my breath.
  • He likes it more than you, let it go
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’m just kind of disappointed in D2, that’s all. I was ready to get deep into it all over again, there’s just very little depth there.

Sigh.
  • It's in their interest to make it better overall, but it isn't a science. I hope they fix it in the long term.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Did you make it to the end?

Not sure if you're asking me but yes. 

The game wasn't that bad to be honest, I just enjoyed rhyming. But overall it felt like a pale imitation of much better games and the ending didn't redeem it for me.
  • Fair enough. I did get a bit bored in a couple of places, specially sand level with the bird. But liked the final level and end did redeem it a bit for me. Glad I didn't buy it though and borrowed it off Moot or JonB instead (can't remember whose it was).
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I quite like Destiny 2. It's better than the first game. But it's one of the worst games I've played this year. Also one of the best. Cos I've only played around 7 or 8 games from this year. 

Worst game list would be more meaningful if we played tonnes of games. Or just make bad buying/playing decisions.

This is just a jokey banter type thread. Right?

This.

I have a possible actual bad game, but want to make sure I haven't missed anything.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Ballz. Fuck that game.

Reg, I wasn't randomly saying Ballz, it was a vote. Ballz was the worst thing I've played this year.

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I can't remember anything I particularly disliked this year. Must rummage through my Steam list and see, bound to be some crap in there.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Street Fighter V
  • Tempy wrote:
    If you don't like a game it is bad to you

Thread lols aside, this is disappointing. You’ve got significantly better critical chops than I, and you know this isn’t right.

Not for me ≠ bad. Persona 5 is not for me, but I’m critically aware enough to know that doesn’t I make it a bad game, just as much as you know that Forza 7 is not a bad game.

As much as I hate to bd the party pooper (despite my reputation here) Vere has hit the nail that I aim at with my hammer each year squarely on the head. The simple fact is that most people here have too discerning taste or too little time to have played games that are genuinely bad.

Now, I don’t want to get in the way of thread lols, so by all means make a group effort to vote Destiny 2 or Agents of Mayhem the worst game but a) let’s not pretend the winner even registers on the real list, and b) let’s not write things that we know are obviously nonsense in an attempt to legitimise a).
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    The simple fact is that most people here have too discerning taste or too little time to have played games that are genuinely bad.

Street Fighter V
  • I have discernment, but also steam. Which means gambling small amounts on curios. One of those has missed.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • FWIW Andy I treat the thread as it is is just a joke, hence the Forza 7 with robots being better than a 0/10 bit.

I do think that even if Forza 7 is the greatest car game in the world I'll still think it's unenjoyable, boring, pointless, and a lot of other things that basically make it easy to label 'bad'.

I also wouldn't judge people for enjoying it, or expect them to care if I feel their silly car nonsense is anything less than awesome. cars. dumb!
  • I wouldn't know the shit games coz I don't buy em cuz they're shit.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I’m not voting, but genuinely the worst game I’ve played that was released this year (from an admittedly tiny pool) was probably Zelda. It’s not actually a bad game, it’s just not as good as the handful of other 2017 releases that I’ve played.

I'd loved to have watched you flounder about trying to have fun in Hyrule Yoss. I'm sure it would have been exceptionally excruciating.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It was mainly just boring, TBH.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Just picture me wandering around forests for hours. That was pretty much it.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Stopped playing first game cos got bored after 10 hours or whatever. Have played sequel much more. Therefore sequel is better. Simples.

Since when has playing a game for longer equated to it being better? You're spewing arse piss Elf.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!