FIFA 13
  • 'better' is probably more of an opinion depending on how you want your opponent to play.  I'm going to make a massive over-simplification that those with more experience of the FIFA singleplayer modes might take exception to, but in my experience, FIFA AI plays not to lose, PES AI goes for it a bit more.  I would hate it in FIFA when I lost the ball, cos it felt like it would take forever to get it back as the AI would just pass it around keeping the ball and you'd be chasing shadows, especially towards the end of a match.  In PES the AI plays forward more, makes runs with the ball, generally being a bit more attacking but in the process giving you more chances to win the ball back.  i also think PES has more 'entertainment scripts', where things are engineered a bit more to keep it interesting - whether that's the AI fucking you over in the last minute, or fluffing an open goal, or someone scoring a raker with their weak foot....they may not be for everyone, but i think things happen 'out of the blue' more in PES, whereas FIFA the AI players stick more rigidly to their stats and play along to those numbers each time.

I'd agree with that.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    As Ram explains it above, he's basically saying that the PES AI is more unrealistic as it will push forward, even when it is ahead.

Apologies if I've got the wrong end of the stick.
  • Yeah that maybe true. FIFA AI doesn't often come out and really go for the win, though that does happen sometimes. Its more common in PES. But the idea that things happen out of the blue more in PES doesn't sit right with me, i found PES incredibly predictable toward the end of my time with the series. The goals were all very samey, you could often see what was going to happen before it happened. Even the 'out of the blue' things were pretty samey and scripted. When i switched to FIFA i found it really noticable that the goals varied alot, there were scrambles that resulted in unexpected things the like of which never happened in PES. Just seemed much more varied in terms of what occurred in each match.
  • When the fuck are EA gonna sort their shitty servers out. Am averaging a game every 10 attempts on seasons mode at the mo.
  • Just got promoted to division 2 in online seasons (Ultimate Team). My team is still rocking.

3-5-2:

GK: Diego Lopez (82)
    CB: Hummels (85)
    CB: Toure (81)
    CB: Benatia (82)
    CDM: De Rossi (86)
    CDM: Felipe Melo (81)
    CAM: Özil (87)
    LM: Gervinho (81)
    RM: Hulk (84)
    ST: Pazzini (82)
    ST: Podolski (83)

Bench: Forlan (82), Hamsik (85), Gaitan (83), Parker (82), Coloccini (81), De Sanctis (81), Banega (80)

My chemistry is just above 80, and I've got some massive amount of cash to spend if need be. Just last night I got 50k worth of currency selling some reserves.
  • Me and reg had a right old time getting a game last night. First off, what in the fuck is the easiest way to get a game with someone on your friends list? I tried to do the one in custom games, where you invite a member of your party to the game, but each time some random would join and proceed to start picking 5-stars, as there was no option to make that room private.

I then had to go and create my own lobby, which meant the only way to invite him (that was presented to me by the game), was by using the games own invite system, which requires you to go to your "Player Hub" to first read the invite then reply to it.

So he got in. Then we played. And it was fucking miserable. I'd expect lag and delays like that on Quake 3 using an AOL dial up connection, but we're literally half an hour from each other, both with rock solid connections, and it was just unplayable.

The fact it was so hard to find out how to set up the match makes me pretty annoyed. Do EA only care if you play PANINI STICKER DLC MODE or EVERYONE QUICK, GO A STRIKER MODE?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I remember in 11 there was a simple "play a friend" option, and now there isn't.
  • @PlanM you're a decent fellow!

@olimite maybe, but then i think people need to consider just how realistic they want a 'game' to be. a realistic footy game means that you will lose the majority of games against a better team, and that no matter how much you want to guide hartlepool to the champions league it's not going to happen.

@jacuzzi_jackson i'm shrugging here... ;)  each to their own and that, and i guess a lot is do with skill level, modes, teams involved and the way individuals play too.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Me and reg had a right old time getting a game last night. First off, what in the fuck is the easiest way to get a game with someone on your friends list? I tried to do the one in custom games, where you invite a member of your party to the game, but each time some random would join and proceed to start picking 5-stars, as there was no option to make that room private. I then had to go and create my own lobby, which meant the only way to invite him (that was presented to me by the game), was by using the games own invite system, which requires you to go to your "Player Hub" to first read the invite then reply to it. So he got in. Then we played. And it was fucking miserable. I'd expect lag and delays like that on Quake 3 using an AOL dial up connection, but we're literally half an hour from each other, both with rock solid connections, and it was just unplayable. The fact it was so hard to find out how to set up the match makes me pretty annoyed. Do EA only care if you play PANINI STICKER DLC MODE or EVERYONE QUICK, GO A STRIKER MODE? Maybe I'm missing something, but I remember in 11 there was a simple "play a friend" option, and now there isn't.

I've had no lag problems at all fella. Played a good 60 or 70 games already. Maybe just a blip?

As for play a friend mode, not tried it on 13, but it used to be easy. Gotta say the menu system on this is atrocious. So cluttered.
  • on the subject of menus, and this applies to PES too, but do you get the impression in these games that while they're working on the footy side of things all year between releases, someone else is doing the menus in isolation and that they NEVER actually play the game modes through the real front end during development...then right at the end they bolt the two together and release it and we're stuck with a mess of menus and pointless steps that get in the way of the footy action?
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • No
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Not at all. I can see what they're trying to do, but, if nothing else, you should be able to customise your menus so you can shortcut to your preferred options/game modes quicker than you currently can.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Im not having any of the problems mentioned here, lag, not finding a match etc.
    Invites allvwork especially well and as expected.

My ps3 has frozen once each other day in the menus of fifa though.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • I just won the EA Shield cup, but the achievement didn't pop. Sad times :(
  • The skills games are really addictive, passed an hour without realising earlier.
  • I just can't play a game, it keeps losing connection with my opponent. Has anyone got any idea what's going on?
    GT: Knight640
  • EA certainly don't. Haven't managed an online match in two days, infuriating to say the least.
    PSN ID - s-revill
  • It was on Watchdog the other day, as it was when 12 came out. Poor online for many, Anne Robinson was furious, she's desperate to get her game on.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Iv not had a problem with it yet so is it head to head seasons thats fucked?
    that and the move modes are still to be tried by myself.

Anyone tried the move modes?
    It were supposed to be good on wii right?

• May be a 360 thing. Also, in Ultimate Team it's been alright, the problem has come in season mode.
    GT: Knight640
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Ah right.
    Me and one other friend on ps3 has had fifa freeze on us and it takes a soft reset/error report/rebuild the system type thing.
    (5 freezes for me so far)

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I wish I had recorded some of Gav and I's game. Totally ridiculous.

Because I won.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Right, am i missing something with this? Because I find the player unresponsive, the AI atrocious and I find myself conceding quite often due to a goalkeeper who seems incapable of walking without falling arse over tit.

Any advice? My team mates, when AI controlled, seem to just stand around and do absolutely fuck all to help.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    @Ds; try gong to controller settings and changing the bottom option from tactical defending to legacy defending.
    Might help.

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Will do, cheers.
  • Just got home from work and opened the free gold pack of the week from the Ultimate Edition. Gomez (87) striker. Good start on the week, indeed!
  • Woodimari
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodimari
    PSN
    Woodimari
    Steam
    Woodimari

Send message
    Was waiting for a mate to come over for some local FIFA action and I got bored so I bought a new team on UT. Only cost me 11,150 coins in total, 11,000 for the first XI, 150 for a position card for Lopez and the subs and reserves were from free packs. The 2 strikers have so much pace but I could only find two RM in Ligue 1 and the one I have was slighty better. Surely there aren't only two RM's in Ligue 1???? Anyway I got Chiellini in a free pack and sold him for 36,500 which was a bit lower than his value but he sold quick, so I'm trying to build some budget teams with that money and build on them as I go along.

Ligue1UT_zpse5e04e1e.png
  • Is there anyone that didn't like FIFA 12 that does like FIFA 13. I stopped playing the former after a couple of months despite having a pretty good record online.
    GT: RasDam Twitter: @RasDam
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    It really depends why you didn't like it mate.
  • That's the thing, I can't quite put my finger on what I didn't like about it. I had no complaints with the change to defending although I felt I was great with the previous method.

In previous games I was able to play with pretty much any team and get them playing some toothless, but good football. I wasn't really able to do this in FIFA 12.  I always start a football game with Ajax as they aren't that good, but also aren't that bad either. It helps improve my passing game. But I just couldn't get the team to click in any formation I tried. All the tweaking to formations and tactics couldn't solve my problem. I still won games online, but I just didn't enjoy any of the matches. I can't point the finger at any particular play mechanic as to why I felt like this. Maybe the fault lied with me, but I just felt hamstrung and incapable of playing the football I'd grown accustomed to playing in previous games.
    GT: RasDam Twitter: @RasDam

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!