Cryptocurrency, Blockchain and buy Roujcoin now [ROU]
  • I just finished this writing guide on choosing which cryptocurrency to buy and how to spot scams. Hope it's useful and makes sense!
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • I bought £21 ether, it's now worth £70 - using myetherwallet.com
    I bought £25 bitcoin, it's now worth £50 - using electrum wallet

I was so close to buying £500 ether but i hesitated and lost out. Annoying.

It's a bubble, but if you get out at right time then happy days.
  • Ether will remain quite high in price, mainly for two reasons 1. It's so much cheaper to use than bitcoin for changing to another token. 2. Many tokens are built on its blockchain.

Things may change if another blockchain protocol that allows smart contracts and is a turing complete programming language. However that will take time.

There's a great article I've linked on here before about some of the drawbacks of public blockchain. It's well worth a read to understand what the pitifalls are. Unless you're in for pump and dumps and don't really give two hoots about blockchain tech.

Anyway article https://medium.com/@preethikasireddy/fundamental-challenges-with-public-blockchains-253c800e9428

@lester great job on latest guide.

• Mad day,was 20% down for a couple of hours then came back to where it was before.
    One of the other good reasons to really get to know your investment is when it does dip (inevitable)you know to be patient as you believe in the product / team etc. Patience is so valuable in crypto
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    @lester great job on latest guide.
    Thanks!
    Mad day,was 20% down for a couple of hours then came back to where it was before. One of the other good reasons to really get to know your investment is when it does dip (inevitable)you know to be patient as you believe in the product / team etc. Patience is so valuable in crypto

Coin Market Cap decided to exclude the Korean Exchange prices which are inflated compared to the rest of the World so the average values dipped. People woke up, checked their graphs and panic sold. The others joined in the snow ball. Nothing had actually changed.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Still looking very red - a good day to own strat

• Why is Ether rising so much, annoying
  • See earlier posts in this thread dude.
  • Djornson wrote:
    Why is Ether rising so much, annoying

Always does after you sell. Just buy in again and watch the price drop.

Dinostar77 wrote:
    Ether will remain quite high in price, mainly for two reasons 1. It's so much cheaper to use than bitcoin for changing to another token. 2. Many tokens are built on its blockchain.

I agree totally, the amount of Alt coins being built off the back of it is going to give it a lot of momentum this year. The only danger I can see from this is if enough alts go pop then the market may get flooded with a load of ETH tokens all of a sudden.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Damn, if you wanna earn some wedge, re-training yourself as a blockchain engineer is some serious bucks. Just seen a blockchain role which only needs Azure, Linux, Containers skillset and they are offering 90k-130k. Wow.

Javascript, Ruby, Python, C# also in demand. Theres some serious wages on offer.
  • Yeah I am working somewhere that should be doing Blockchain but not pushing for them to think about it as I could guess getting resources will be a prohibitive cost

• Absolute bloodbath these past 24hrs. Great time to pick up some coins if you have the money.
  • It's actually frustrating seeing the prices so low and having your money responsibly committed to other concerns. Ah well, there's probably going to be another sale for sure. 

I feel really bad for the people who lost money here. No way is there this amount of money moving without a lot of people getting fucked hard.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Can't say they weren't warned. Remember, all of these will go to zero, with maybe one or two exceptions. Only buy if you feel you will find a "bigger fool". Realise you are someone else's fool. Don't fucking buy ripple.
  • Wow. I’ve been keeping an eye on ripple, friend of mine chucked nearly a grand into it a few months back and was buzzing about what it was worth. Nearly bought but did some reading and didn’t trust it. Glad I held off.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • It's almost as if this was entirely predictable.
  • Yeah i bought some more eth last night. Almost bought btc glad i didn't. Tempted to get more of both now. I think it will go up again but i don't see it as a long term investment.

Blockchain itself is great. I think banks and business will use blockchain to build their own stuff. They will effectively kill this private thing.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    We're getting prodded by big banks about feeding their in house block-chain projects and we're recruiting academics with some know-how; thing is the guy they've just brought in I know and he's an absolute conniving all-talk two-faced slimy cunt of a shitman. Good going.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Blockchain still looks like a tech in need of a use case.

For all the talk of bitcoin more people trade in Bristol Pounds than in bitcoin.
  • Bitcoin is a perfectly legitimate and proven use case. That the bitcoin to dollar price should double every quarter isn't a "use case", that's just speculation and pyramid scheming.

• Even then I'm not sure it is - people were all up for buying pints using bitcoin and then it turns out the frictional costs are prohibitive. And does it really scale well?

PayPal - as shite as it is - does even that one thing better.
  • https://www.ccn.com/ibm-unveils-joint-blockchain-company-worlds-largest-shipper/

Good enough?

edit - oops sorry you were saying bitcoin, i read blockchain
  • WorKid wrote:
    Even then I'm not sure it is - people were all up for buying pints using bitcoin and then it turns out the frictional costs are prohibitive. And does it really scale well?

PayPal - as shite as it is - does even that one thing better.

You buy a pint from someone two meters away from you. You can trust cash, or even intermediaries using visa, PayPal. Bitcoin's tech allows you to pay without having to use intermediaries. It's slow compared to a single transaction, it's fast compared to transactions in the double figures which include physical processes, and it's also cheaper. Problem is, speculation ruins that use case. But the proof of work crypto-economic consensus model demonstrably works.
  • Djornson wrote:
    Yeah i bought some more eth last night. Almost bought btc glad i didn't. Tempted to get more of both now. I think it will go up again but i don't see it as a long term investment. Blockchain itself is great. I think banks and business will use blockchain to build their own stuff. They will effectively kill this private thing.

It makes no sense for them to build a internal use only block chain. All it would do is make their process more inefficient and expensive.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Seems the BTC drop is an annual January trend. I'm loving it as I can add to my long term portfolio albeit not as much as I like. Irony is this dip takes market back to the level it was on Dec 1st. Another 20% dip would take it back to early November levels. Nothing to panic about.
  • Djornson wrote:
    Yeah i bought some more eth last night. Almost bought btc glad i didn't. Tempted to get more of both now. I think it will go up again but i don't see it as a long term investment. Blockchain itself is great. I think banks and business will use blockchain to build their own stuff. They will effectively kill this private thing.

It makes no sense for them to build a internal use only block chain. All it would do is make their process more inefficient and expensive.

Alot of big companies have been involved in open source hyperledger blockchain for years. R3 consortium is the big banks equivalent. They want standards for protocols etc, alas X.400, X.509. Makes sense. Very early days for blockchain. It will have a massive impact eventually.
  • How do I buy some of this stuff.
  • And it's all up again, 30%-70% increases. Volatile is an understatement.
  • Insane is an understatement

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!