PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Good stuff mate! And welcome back :-)
  • Well done.  Mugsters does look interesting, I clocked the trailer yesterday.
  • I’ve realised that I forgot about my refund for Spider-man because of Tesco scrapping Direct. So, my spend this year is actually -£26.
  • 250 days. I get to celebrate by not getting to play Spider-man.

Woop.
  • 278 days.

The other week, I decided I was allowed to use some of the £26 that I was in credit to get the Switch online stuff. So, that meant I was just £8.01 in credit.

I then decided to trade in ARMS* and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Now, it would be foolish to trade in for cash to get less value back. So, I traded in for credit. But it would be foolish to leave £50 of credit with a company which could go under at any moment. So I bought eShop cards.

All of which is to say that I now have £50 sitting on my Switch. But, in the spirit of things, it will only be spent on things a) that are reasonably discounted, and b) next year.

In other words, having gone the first 278 days, I’ve effectively decided to increase the temptation levels for the last 87. Gnnn.

*I really like it, but I have unlocked everything, and have loads of other stuff to play. I may well buy it digitally if it’s ever a decent price. Yeah, I know, fat chance.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    This year's spending:-
    Puzzle Bobble (N64-JPN) £17
    Columns (MD-US) £7
    Rayman Legends (360) £15
    Postage re replacement power supply for arcade cabinet £28
    Sega Ages : Outrun (Sat-JPN)  £43
    Mk.1 Saturn (JPN) £38 Total £148.

Not bad for 6 months. I'll be selling a few items as my collection needs pruning so that should tip things the other way a wee bit.

Started off tight but have loosened up a bit.

Sold a few games in a local shop and took store credit.

Thunderforce III for MD net £0
    Zero wing for MD £45
    Super HangOn for MD £15
    Super Monaco GP for MD £5
    Super Monkey Ball JP GC £12
    Radirgy Generic JP GC £25
    Musha repro for MD £25
    xbox 360 controller £30

£305 so far this year.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I've been pretty good H218...
    - £2 for two months of Game Pass, hence some FH4
    - £3.50 for second hand NFS:HP so I could win a work time trail (smashed it by multiplie seconds, obvs)
    - £9 for find on SotTR

Not perfect, I'm no Andy, but better than of normal manage by quite a way. Need to get my thinking hat on for Xmas wish lists & birthday requests... What have I missed? Spiderman, FC5, ...?
  • Saturday was day 300.

I marked it (not realising it was day 300) by going through my Switch watch list and removing anything that I own on another system (with one exception). I’ve also been taking note of the prices of things on my watch list for a while, when they appear on sale. Once this year is up, I refuse to buy anything if it’s been cheaper. I’ve got £50 sitting, I’ve got my eye on a few titles, but that £50 is more than enough to be spending on Switch games for quite a while, especially given that I’ve got plenty on there.

I’ve also asked my folks for PSN vouchers for Christmas. I’ve got six games that I’d like to buy. I’ve got an order of preference, and the same commitment to only buying them on sale. I’m not sure how much my folks will give me but, if it’s enough to get, say, two of them on sale, then, again, that’ll do for now.

Basically, even allowing for going a few pounds over each limit, given that I’m still essentially in credit this year, I should be able to go at least a months into 2019 without spending.
  • 350 days done.

As well as my folks, my mate said he would give me PSN credit for Christmas, which will really help with getting a few games on my wish list.

As the year draws to a close, and I reflect on part of the intent, I have not played as much of my library as I thought/hoped/planned (I’ve still barely touched Nioh, for example) but I’m getting there.

And I’ve clearly just been wasting money on other things, because I’m no better off.

Hey ho.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    You've done great mate!!
  • I think I'm sticking to Steam sales next year until Valve does something with VR.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Actually, I might forgo everything until I've given my library a good seeing too.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I fear I'm gonna go nuts in the psn/steam same once in Jan, having bought nothing for six months (cept subscription stuff & FH4 with nectar points & a game with steam credit)

I will try to be good though ... And may try to make the "no second half of the year purchases" thing a regular.
  • I’m definitely going a little nuts but, importantly, I’m not going to spend much money.
  • You getting Spider-Man?
  • It’s sitting in my basket, waiting for the PSN vouchers my folks a re getting me for Christmas. Although, I’m a stubborn fuck so, even if I complete the transaction on Christmas Day, I might not play it until 1 January.
  • I wouldn't have bet against you succeeding at this btw, whereas I doubt I would've found anyone willing to bet against Muzzy failing last year.
  • I don't really track but i think I've purchased 2 games this year and recieved one as a present, go me!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Roll on midnight, eh, @andy?! Top effort mate, assuming you don't stumble in the next 8 hours :-D
  • Wakes up to find he spent £4000 on PSN.
  • I bought some things with my vouchers, and money I received specifically for games. And I have played some of them. But I see that as equivalent to if I’d been given the games directly. I’ll give a more detailed update after midnight.
  • Between gifts (games, vouchers, money), trade-ins, and money made from videogame stuff sold for videogame funds, I’ve now acquired... a bunch of games... and I’m still 62p in credit for my year. Clearly, I now don’t have to buy any games for a looong time.

The only thing on the horizon that I know for sure I’m interested in is Wreckfest. That’s now been delayed until March, and it’s my birthday before then.

My Switch wish list is still far too long, but I’ve probably removed as many (if not more) titles from thinking, “Actually, no,” as I have by buying them. The only things I have left on my PS4 wish list are Dragon Quest XI, which I’m not convinced I’d like anyway, and Omensight, which I reckon has a good chance of ending up on PS+.

Now, in 2019, I need to stop buying those occasional films on iTunes (I’ve got Netflix, ffs) and Lego (I’ve got four sizeable models waiting to be built) and generally be more fiscally prudent in all aspects of my life.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    @JonB's DQ XI has kindly been shared, I think it's heading my way next but assuming he's ok with it I could happily route your way once done. Or indeed go first if @b0r1s hadn't posted yet...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    And right, what should I go splurge on??
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    @JonB's DQ XI has kindly been shared, I think it's heading my way next but assuming he's ok with it I could happily route your way once done. Or indeed go first if @b0r1s hadn't posted yet...
    Fine with me either way.
  • Thanks for the offer, but due to the generosity of my parents and friends, I’ve now got quite a few of 2018’s big releases to enjoy first, as well as some indies I’ve had my eye on.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!