Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Pad throwing moment with GA. That fucking arrow flurry plus wonky camera.
  • Had to run through the game with nae HUD for some GIFs for a thing, so I now have videos of every boss fight without the HUD. They're surprisingly easy now, I think the lack of pressure gained from knowing your health or stamina is fucked is kind of freeing?

• Yep I always panic when my health gets low. Same in fighting games. I’ll do good and then when health gets low, I make stupid panicky decisions.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Had to run through the game with nae HUD for some GIFs for a thing, so I now have videos of every boss fight without the HUD. They're surprisingly easy now, I think the lack of pressure gained from knowing your health or stamina is fucked is kind of freeing?
    You hold Block waaaay more than me. I should give that a go haha.
  • The game doesn’t really punish it, in fact i’d say it’s the way it’s asking to be played.
  • Block brings your posture down waaaaaaay faster too.

I have had too many instances of classic Souls style boss encounters where they have only 1 or 2 hits left and so I go attack heavy and get owned. Patience! Patience always wins!
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    The game doesn’t really punish it, in fact i’d say it’s the way it’s asking to be played.
    I'm always trying to play for the Parry (though in cases like horse guy, it normally ended in me being hit).
  • You can hold block and just release and press again to parry though, tends to be much safer
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    You can hold block and just release and press again to parry though, tends to be much safer
    This I shall try. 

Currently facing up against LB and a mad cow.
    Both have defeated me a few times, but I know I can best them given time, 
    such is the beauty of this game.
  • Stupid damn
    Spoiler:
    has me everytime.

This game just don't have the variety or freedom of play that Demons/dark and bloodbourne has.
    And it's either grind out these ones your stuck at or be stuck till you do.
    Where a darks etc would have an alternative path to explore.
  • You can just run straight past her if you want. All you need to do in the fight is parry and jump though, don’t overthink it.

I don’t really think it’s true that you need to grind out stuff - I think there are only 5 or 6 minibosses with fog gates, otherwise there are alternate routes/ability to run away aplenty.
  • Tempy wrote:
    You can just run straight past her if you want. All you need to do in the fight is parry and jump though, don’t overthink it.

I don’t really think it’s true that you need to grind out stuff - I think there are only 5 or 6 minibosses with fog gates, otherwise there are alternate routes/ability to run away aplenty.

Running past her takes me to another cunt!
  • Well there have to be bosses eventually!
  • Tempy wrote:
    Well there have to be bosses eventually!

I know just frustrated with it as I was enjoying it initially and then got some other stuff to play.
    (bfv and tomb raider)
    I had a break from it and now when I play I only have them two to progress or a guy in a temple who cuts me to ribbons easily.
  • Here's another HUDless fight for y'all

That one atop Ashina Castle
    Spoiler:
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I forgot I had this in Bone. been playing Outward in PC. Guess that says a lot about my thoughts on the game.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Speedhaak wrote:
    I forgot I had this in Bone. been playing Outward in PC. Guess that says a lot about my thoughts on the game.

Get a thread going please. That's got cult classic written all over it.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message

Yeah, after the polish and preciseness of just about everything in Sekiro I now need some real euro jank in my life.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Speedhaak wrote:

It's good bud. But there is a steep learning curve. Reminds me of Morrowind mixed in with some older games like Faxanadu and obviously, Dark Souls. Haven't done any co-op or anything. Restarted the game around four times now as I've learned new tricks that I wanted to use.

:D
  • So I've just reached what I presume it the final boss. I'm already put off by
    Spoiler:
    I'll probably give it an hour or so at some point to see how far I can progress, and there's another boss elsewhere I can try, but I have a feeling I'll be leaving it there. Truth is, even though I've got this far I still don't feel like I can play this game the way it wants to be played. It's massively frustrating.
  • I packed it in then too. It's not like there's anything else to see at that point.
  • I am back at the start of this because my cloud save got disqualified by being a different region...
    I'm at Mr ogre. Still love his moveset but dang he a bastard. The tracking on some of his moves make them hard to dodge.

Kinda bummed about needing to go back as well. I feel like the gameplay improves as it goes along and you get more chances to recover from hits with more gourd uses etc.
  • Armoured Warrior, what a stupid boss fight. Know exactly what to do, break his posture, but can I get the killing blow no because of the stupid game mechanics. Let me do what I need to do. Honestly.

Edit: killed him. Finally
  • Current Any% WR now features literal minutes of swimming in mid-air.
  • I'm finding this easier than Dark Souls 1 and 3, I'm convinced I will never finish Sister Ariandal or whatever she's called. Maybe its because I insist in running round in rags with a whip. Anyway, Sekiro's fucking excellent, the combat is totally thrilling. I've just opened the path to
    Spoiler:

but haven't been in yet, haven't had too many problems with any bosses as of yet, I found there's always been a little trick with the arm upgrades that can make things a little easier such as
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Armoured Warrior, what a stupid boss fight. Know exactly what to do, break his posture, but can I get the killing blow no because of the stupid game mechanics. Let me do what I need to do. Honestly. Edit: killed him. Finally

Yeah that bit is shit actually, you just get a spear and it goes on about ripping the armour off enemies. So I'm there for about 20 minutes trying to spear the prick in every way humanly possible.
  • Yeah I find it out that people want to sue the spear there as it specifically talks about ill-fitting armor for the Taro clan chumps, but he’s clearly not in ill-fitting gears He’s a silly fight though, the panic when you have to orientate yourself to punt him is always a laugh. When I was doing my HUDless run I think it took me 5 attempts, haha
  • What spear?
    Spoiler:

• the spear attachment
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Spoilers yo :-(

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!