Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  • Which boss mate? Spoiler it for others but im not fussed.
  • Tried this again tonight determined to give it a decent shot and wow.. Its so not my type of game. Glad so many are enjoying it, but I don't feel any sense of control playing it at all. Back to simpler familiar games for me.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Djornson wrote:
    Which boss mate? Spoiler it for others but im not fussed.
    Spoiler:
  • Ahh i totally missed a section with the blue bald guys. I thought the antechamber was a bit short. Found the hole in the ceiling now also my first secret room. Actually really enjoyed fighting the blue guys after i got the hang of it. One of them in particular which you can't get behind was particularly tough so i did the honourable shinobi thing and ran like fuck till i found the other sculpture and found a sneakier way to get him. Still didnt get the backstab but eventually killed them all. At the dojo now, guess i am close.
  • The upcoming big boss was the defining point of the game for me. It forces you to play the way that the developer intended, so when you beat him you will understand the games combat and be able to beat anything. 

I'm now one achievement away from the platinum (or Steam equivalent), which in typical From fashion is a stupid grind. At least it's not as bad as the grind at the end of DS3, but at the end of that I went back and did another play through. As much as I've enjoyed my time with Sekiro, I don't think I'll be doing the same.
  • I started to feel i was playing it correctly (and enjoying it) when fighting the blue dudes. I will try to at least get to that boss, thanks for the push.
  • Accept that he is going to teach you the hard way and try not to get frustrated. The run back is very short, so it's not so bad.
  • I got to NG+4 on Sekiro, and ended up playing it without the HUD. Give into it Voices, become the Wolf
  • One thing that puts me off is Dragonrot. In Dark Souls i would do a boss 20 times in a row no problem, you seem to get punished for that here.
  • Dragonrot is a bit of a nothing really. Not worth worrying about.
  • Yeah don’t worry about it, at all.
  • Does it not affect side quests?
  • Just clear it after each boss. There's enough dragon tear things not to worry about it.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I got to NG+4 on Sekiro, and ended up playing it without the HUD. Give into it Voices, become the Wolf

I'm on NG++ just playing through for the experience. It's more fun than grinding, so I'll see where I get, but I don't expect I'll keep playing after I unlock the last skill.
  • Alright RSI here i come!!
  • voices wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    I got to NG+4 on Sekiro, and ended up playing it without the HUD. Give into it Voices, become the Wolf

I'm on NG++ just playing through for the experience. It's more fun than grinding, so I'll see where I get, but I don't expect I'll keep playing after I unlock the last skill.

Did you give your talisman to your young prince at the start?
  • I’m on NG+++

Gotta grind too for that platinum.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • No, because that will make it hard. I've got a copy of NG+ after killing the final boss, so if I fancy it I can always go back and start NG++ without the charm (and maybe play with headphones for timing?).
  • If you're playing on PS4 it's probably a drag (but you have SF experience so maybe not) but on PC it wasn't really all that hard, and it's so satisfying when it all clicks.

I took tons of great videos/gifs for my article but I can't share 'em here cos we don't have mp4 or webm support.
  • Yeah - playing on PC with solid 60fps except for random freezes, though they don't happen that often now. When I started playing the game was plagued by them, and from the Steam pages it sounds like it's a common issue.
  • Hmm, maybe a patch caused them, I had no such issues. I did the whole game again on PS4 and it's not quite as bad as I thought, but it definitely explains why some people were down on its combat I think. It just isn't quite as responsive at is needs to be.
  • I think it was caused by a windows update at some point. Disabling some usb thing caused it to get a lot better, but it has still happened randomly. There's a github fix that someone made, but I decided to live with it as the usb disably thing fixed it 95%.
  • I’m at the boss referred to above. Haven’t gone deep into him yet, as I reached him, died, and then had to stop.

I get the sense, at times, this is a rhythm action game and not what - I understood from the Souls games - a traditional From game.
  • Killed daddy blue, at 'the' boss now. Nice view.
  • Seven Ashina Spears dead. Holy Moly that was intense, have to be so offensive
  • Lady Butterfly Dead! Succesful evening
  • Nice one. Good luck at the top of the castle :)
  • Top of the caste? He’s gonna become royalty or something??
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • There is snow on mount fuji
  • All done. I feel completely finished with the game, which I haven't felt for other From games. To be fair, I haven't done the no charm run, but I don't feel interested in doing it.

I love it, and it's rightfully game of the year, but after 80 hours I'm tired of playing.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!