Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  • JonB wrote:
    People are going to want bosses.

At this stage, I can honestly say I'd prefer self-employment.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    The footage I saw had multiple opponents introduced with a name appearing on screen. None of them looked like standard fodder types. Looks like I might play my first Souls-like when I'm done with RDR2, I like the look of this one.
    I don't think it is a Souls-like (depending on what that means exactly). Same devs and director as Souls, but not the same formula.
  • Yeah a souls-like suggests it’s a rip-off of the souls games. This is the next evolution/variation of the genre From Software created.
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/02/guide_is_sekiro_shadows_die_twice_like_dark_souls

Worth a read, or at least it was for me as all I really knew beforehand was that it looks good in trailers and everyone's excited. Bring on the Dark Gaidenchu sub-genre.
  • Mikemsp wrote:
    Yeah a souls-like suggests it’s a rip-off of the souls games. This is the next evolution/variation of the genre From Software created.

From the brief moment i had with it your suggestion is bang on in my opinion. It’s awesome in whole new ways but at the same time it’s a souls game. Evelotion not revolution. To me it is Tenchu on steroids X 10 with souls added for effect.

• ENB is showing some footage he took at an event for this on his Twitch, and it looks brilliant.
  • If its a dark souls like game executed well ala Nioh, then I'm all in. Love those type of games.
  • It’s less Dark Souls, more Revengeance
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Revengeance is mine - Hidetaka Miyazaki
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Tempy wrote:
    It’s less Dark Souls, more Revengeance

Take my money so.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Had a gander at a video for this. I can't quite work out if the combat will be for me or not. It certainly looks more to my taste than Dark Souls, but not exactly the Ninja Gaiden-style that I was hoping for from the trailer.

Fingers crossed there's a demo.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It was £46 on Game Collection. Bougted.
  • Just saw some playthrough of this. Reminds me of Tenchu with difficulty ramped up to Souls level. I was always shite at parrying in Souls and seeing as that's core to this game, I may have to give this a miss...
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • I cautiously look forward to losing a lot of Spring leisure hours to this.
  • Perhaps the biggest shock from watching the few minutes I did was that there is no stamina gauge, which is an interesting ommision given the impact that mechanic has had altogether.

The poise gauge stuff seems a little more complicated, especially how it interacts with the health of bigger enemies, but overall it sounds like a far more interesting combat system than any of the prior Souls games, with lots of opportunities open to be incredibly good at via mikiri counters and regular parries.

The whole instant revival thing is interesting too, especially as it lets you re-engage in a stealth state of timed right. Doesn’t look like enemy lethality is down through, I saw ENB get absolutely bodied in seconds flat in just basic encounters.

Overall I am very excited.
  • I’m all in on this sounds like the evolution of blood borne that I kind of want (a bit more linear).
  • I think it’s more of a departure from the Souls series in a lot of ways. Genuinely looks and feels like a Platum game being played on a high difficulty. Stats going the way of the dodo is totally fine by me.
  • I am now extremely excite for this game after being not fussed having had my fill of DS by DS2 and not really liking Bloodborne as much (I know, it's a great game, u may pelt me with ur rotten veg, it okay) based on these latest descriptions.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • With this and DMC V, the release schedule really needs to calm tf down
  • Roujin wrote:
    I am now extremely excite for this game after being not fussed having had my fill of DS by DS2 and not really liking Bloodborne as much (I know, it's a great game, u may pelt me with ur rotten veg, it okay) based on these latest descriptions.

Boooooo, you a bad mans
  • With this and DMC V, the release schedule really needs to calm tf down
    It's mainly just this month, I think. Probably trying to get stuff out before the end of Q1. Should be time to catch up in the next few months.

Chances are I'll still get this asap. I can usually wait for price drops, but will make an exception here.
  • Between this and Resi 2 the year is already a belter.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Think I'll sell Red Dead to fund this. Just can't get on with it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Might throw Smash in there too.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Roujin wrote:
    I am now extremely excite for this game after being not fussed having had my fill of DS by DS2 and not really liking Bloodborne as much (I know, it's a great game, u may pelt me with ur rotten veg, it okay) based on these latest descriptions.

Boooooo, you a bad mans

It true, am the blurst.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Tempy wrote:
    Between this and Resi 2 the year is already a belter.
    There's a certain indie puzzle game out next week as well.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I've been sleeping on this, but the following Polygon quote gave me a bit of a twinge (spoilers because it describes mechanics etc.)
    Spoiler:

Hmm.
  • Honestly it’s not just a hint, the game is a bigger departure than people seem to think. It looks very little like Nioh, for example, far closer to Tenchu or Revengeance
  • It started as a Tenchu game
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Syph79 wrote:
    It started as a Tenchu game

Did it?!

I've been sleeping on it harder than I thought.

I didn't get on with Revengeance, but a lot of that was because I couldn't stealth kill enemies etc. as it wasn't that type of game. I did buy it from a car boot sale with the hopes of trying again once it went BC, but no joy so far.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!