Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    But network charges are gonna be so high I wouldn’t bother unless you have deep pockets. Like when 4g launched. EE will be wanting to make their money back on those licences.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Andy wrote:
    What sort of data / texts / minutes are you getting with that? Is there an up-front cost?
    4gb/unlimited... £50 uprfront. I barely use data and texts, it's all a massive con IMO as I spend 90% of my time on Wifi. This month i've used less than 500mb of my 3gb

Can you find a credit card with a 0% rate on balance transfers? They tend to be easier to get than low interest cards. You could find a SIM card (or even a PAYG SIM if you use so little of the data/texts) and put the rest of what you would have been paying in a contract towards the credit card balance.
  • I have a 0% card at the minute, so I guess I could do that. It might be better in the long run, yeah.
  • 4G on BT is gash. I regularly have to switch it off if I want to be able to download even the most basic web page. I haven’t looked into it, but I heard 5G is blazing fast, but the signal is easily blocked by the slightest thing?
  • Tempy wrote:
    I have a 0% card at the minute, so I guess I could do that. It might be better in the long run, yeah.

Depends on how long you’ve got 0% for. I bought my phone outright, direct from Apple five years ago. My SIM contract is linked to my landline/broadband contract so it’s cheap as chips and, apart from the 4G being unreliable, is everything I need.

I don’t think I’ll ever go full phone/SIM contract ever again.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    But network charges are gonna be so high I wouldn’t bother unless you have deep pockets. Like when 4g launched. EE will be wanting to make their money back on those licences.

They will at first, but if you aren’t planning on upgrading regularly, it’d be nice to have it available when the cost inevitably comes down.
  • Andy wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    I have a 0% card at the minute, so I guess I could do that. It might be better in the long run, yeah.
    Depends on how long you’ve got 0% for. I bought my phone outright, direct from Apple five years ago. My SIM contract is linked to my landline/broadband contract so it’s cheap as chips and, apart from the 4G being unreliable, is everything I need. I don’t think I’ll ever go full phone/SIM contract ever again.

It's definitely something I'll consider, cheers
  • I always do the "Very" thing.

Sign up for the catalogue account, get £50 off the first order and 12 months interest free.

once it's paid cancel the account and do the same thing 2 years later.

Meanwhile I'm on a Virgin unlimited all you can eat sim for £20 a month.

*just checked and it's now only £25 off the first order, but still any discount is a bonus.
  • I do most things through Very. Right now I'm considering the latest iPad Mini cos they are offering it for £360 12 months 0%.

I don't really even intend to pay it off even at that point, but to then transfer the balance to a 0% card towards the end, essentially giving me up to 3 years to pay for it.

x
  • I say considering, cos, you know... shit I don't need.

x
  • How long into that will you drop it?
  • The Mini has arrived.

The design and home page are dated as fuck LOL1. My Z3 Tablet is lighter and nicer looking.

That said... I'm all over Apple Arcade. Should we have a separate thread for that?

x
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    There’s a mobile gaming thread somewhere.
  • Due for an upgrade. Man, those tarriffs for an 11 are expensive!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Upgraded my iPad and iPhone to iOS13 today.

It nice. Although it kind of ruins the forum on my iPad as the new iPad version of Safari manages to resize the forum in such a way so that the sign out link is immediately under the discussions link. Oh well, I guess you can’t have everything.
  • I hinted at my wife that I wouldn’t mind an iPad Pro for my birthday.

Didn’t work.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Upgraded my iPad and iPhone to iOS13 today. It nice. Although it kind of ruins the forum on my iPad as the new iPad version of Safari manages to resize the forum in such a way so that the sign out link is immediately under the discussions link. Oh well, I guess you can’t have everything.
    Hhmmm doesn't on mine. 
    I've turned off the desktop site option in my Safari settings tho because the YouTube desktop site is cancer.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    That’d probably explain it. I quite like the idea of a desktop browser on my iPad, just a shame it doesn’t work on the website I use most.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    You can select it to be mobile in just the bar at the top. Just tap the aA icon.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Doesn’t seem to work for me. Neither does the mobile site link at the bottom of the page.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Mmm, haven't updated my iPad yet, just what I'd seen on a vid. Will update later and test.
  • I’ve just got an 11 pro. There’s very little difference between it and my previous x but I’m no worse off every month and I’ve got £450 (pocketed for the trade in with o2) that may or may not be wasted on an oculus quest this weekend.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Doesn’t seem to work for me. Neither does the mobile site link at the bottom of the page.
    Can't say I've tried it since switching off the desktop site thing but in the old OS you could hold the reload button in the address bar and the option to load desktop site would pop up. I'll try it when I get home and see if it's still there.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The option is there, it just doesn’t change the site.
  • Oh, yeh. 
    Weird. Everything displays normal on my ipad air 2 tho. 

I like the Apple swipe keyboard but it only works in the mini keyboard mode which is a very odd decision.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Upgraded. Spent 15 minutes reorganising my home screen. Much better with the widgets and the more apps on each screen. I couldn’t get the website to switch to mobile site, but I also don’t have the issue you are seeing Yoss (I do have th 12” iPad though). It actually works much better for me than old Safari.
  • Ended up downgrading to a £20pcm plan
  • I have to force a desktop site on my iPad occasionally, but that happens too on my MacBook - Facebook, for example, always comes back first as the mobile site, even on my desktop Safari. I always put it down to Apple preventing cookies or whatever and it confusing things.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Apple aren’t particularly strict about cookies at all, they pretty much use the standard ‘accept from sites I visit’ unless you’ve been fiddling with the settings.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!