Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Shyam39 wrote:
    Mod74 wrote:
    And why would I talk to Knight? I've never know anyone so schizophrenic. He hates the game one sentence then bursts a blood vessel attacking anyone that criticises it the next.
    Gooooood....gooood.....use your aggressive feelings. Just let the HATE flow through you! I have forseen this! It's in your destiny (ba-dum..)! See my OP. Let me just text Knight and then my OP will come true!!!!1111!

lols.
    GT: Knight640
  • Destiny is now available for pre order in tesco, when the hell is it out?
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Interesting move. Leaving aside the 'holy trinity' claptrap, I think in general that's not as appealing to a wider audience compared to your straight up see/shoot/kill model.

True but tastes can change, it takes a lot longer to kill somebody in COD than it did (does) in Counter-Strike.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Hulka T wrote:
    Destiny is now available for pre order in tesco, when the hell is it out?

Nobody knows. Well, I presume someone, somewhere has an idea, but even Bungie aren't saying.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Hulka T wrote:
    Destiny is now available for pre order in tesco, when the hell is it out?
    Nobody knows. Well, I presume someone, somewhere has an idea, but even Bungie aren't saying.

I think Activision have now said not until next year, haven't they?
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Well, they said not this year, hopefully that means next year.
  • Meh. Looks just like moar Halo.

I'm out

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Well, they said not this year, hopefully that means next year.

Well I should bloody well hope they don't mean any longer.

I was holding out for a september release this year :(
  • g.man wrote:
    Yeah! Looks just like moar Halo.

I'm out-of my mind excited! g.man

Me too!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    This is a little over a month old now, but it seems to haver passed us by. Some character models from Destiny:

I'm liking the style.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Colour! One of my favourite things about the Covenant designs and they seem to be keeping the same philosophy.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Also, one more that didn't make the cut, for @tigerswiftly

I think you have a new avatar.
  • I don't think this stuff got posted neither: the actual playable 'races'.

Humans...

The Awoken 

And the Exo

Bagsy being the Terminator. 

Yoss, you can be the pasty elf with the cataracts.
  • So... human, human with the brightness turned and the contrast down and human in a mask. 
    Finally out from under the yoke, of Halo, creative forces given free reign and....
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    As much as i'd like to be a humanoid hippo in a space suit they probably have to think about fairness when it comes to the size of the characters hitbox.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    pantyfire wrote:
    So... human, human with the brightness turned and the contrast down and human in a mask.  Finally out from under the yoke, of Halo, creative forces given free reign and....

You think MS looked at their concept stuff and said "nah, yer all right"

I haven't seen anything even remotely interesting announced in relation to this. I bet Activision are shitting themselves.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Believe.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    pantyfire wrote:
    So... human, human with the brightness turned and the contrast down and human in a mask.  Finally out from under the yoke, of Halo, creative forces given free reign and....
     You think MS looked at their concept stuff and said "nah, yer all right" I haven't seen anything even remotely interesting announced in relation to this. I bet Activision are shitting themselves.

No, I don't think that, but in all fairness there's not been anything particularly exciting shown so far, besides the fact that Bungie are making a new game.

But that's enough really. They're up there with the Valves or the Blizzards of this world - the fact they're doing something new is reason enough to get excited for now.

May see something more of it at E3, I guess?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The GDC that the character vid I posted was shown at ended with the words 'see you at E3', so I think we can prepare for more hype then. When is E3 anyway?
  • Mod74 wrote:
    pantyfire wrote:
    You think MS looked at their concept stuff and said "nah, yer all right" I haven't seen anything even remotely interesting announced in relation to this. I bet Activision are shitting themselves.

Classic mod there.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Knowing my own mind and not fapping over six letters instead of what my eyes and ears are telling me?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Oh, Mod.
  • Gotta agree with...everybody.

I think it looks awesome but that's because I think Halo is awesome and the similarities in the characters, universe and perhaps story are evident so far. That character dev video was almost a Covenant, Flood and Promethean's in disguise vid (I'd imagine bungie in some part were involved in the Promethean's design.)

But for those who weren't fans of Halo or bungies pretty generic take on Sci-Fi there's so far been nothing too exciting.

I is xcite tho.

And everyone should go see Star Trek, its ace!!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Oh, Mod.

Well it's reassuring to know that even saying a Bungie game doesn't look interesting will get you accused of being a troll. Same old same old.
  • *gnnnng...must...resist...gahh!*

Oh, Mod.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Hmm, according to this, Destiny will feature iron sights. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
  • Mod you have completely the wrong end of the stick, and are only digging yourself in deeper.  This has nothing to do with a Bungie game automagically looking awesome, this has everything to do with you deliberatly playing the 'doom-monger' by jumping to conclusions about how 'activision must be shitting themselves'.

What a ludicrous, troll-tastic thing to say.  Wouldn't have it any other way though, a new game thread without such a comment from yourself would not be a new game thread!
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Indeed. Especially when we've heard almost nothing about the game.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Right, so because I think what has been shown is uninteresting and not "fantastic", "amazing", "lovely", "awesome" and all the other synonyms thrown at it I'm a doom monger?

Yeah, right O. No fanboyism from the Bungie avatar crew here.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!