Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    Really? I disagree with everything that Chalice said.

Really? Everything I said eh. Why? You like stuff being dumbed down and made for the casuals?
  • I love how most of the dorks who no-life this game think that this makes them good, and that it has been dumbed down for casuals. When in fact the skill gap and ceiling has gone up, guns rolls and tool accessibility is more equal, so the crutches that shit players used to make them feel good (god roll, special, stickies etc) no longer works.

Hence why for them, more balanced = less fun. You now have to think before you act. You have to coordinate or learn to use teammates without their knowledge. You can't just ape and go on one 8 kill streak with your stickies, shorty and super, and be able to feel good at the end of the game even tho you lost and got a 1.2 kd and most of your kills were OHK shite
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yeah no, you're right about that Gonz in regard to PvP. It's definitely not been dumbed down. The systems that supply padding to the experience might have but the core PvP element is probably more competitive than ever. No arguments here.
  • Yeah none of my comments apply to PvE,I just don't care about PvE. If endgame is about post campaign stuff (IE post black garden mission), thee is a ton more here to do and that is just a fact. If it means "why I wanna keep playing after putting 200 hours in", it's all subjective. Anyway I'm not qualified to comment, I've not even tried a raid.

The PvP is so much more fun than the original. It's just that people are lazy (majority) while good players are usually selfish (they want clips to stand out, and it's harder for a good player who was only good because he exploited gimmicks to do the same). I don't wanna lay into dan's mates but I have in mind dfp here, who is a clipmerchant who everytime I watch him play I see that his core game (while miles better than mine I'm sure) is nowhere near as good as some of the good players. Now all he does is moan, because it's harder for him to get his shitty bubble clips.

Meanwhile krafty is doing triple carries in trials, and usually gets a triple within 8 secs of picking up power ammo for his sniper.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Fair comments. I much prefer being a cog in the machine when it comes to PvP. I mean sure, it's nice to get those glory kills but in actual fact when everyone works together in Destiny 2 and plays the objectives it's extremely satisfying and pays huge dividends. Which it should. It took awhile to warm to the PvP but as I said on the previous page, once you learn the maps and pick a subclass it really opens up. 
    Clipmerchant

I'm stealing that one.
  • Good games with Mostly, Dante and Davie today (as well as the Aus lot) - managed to get my personal clan contribution done, flashpoint weekly, nightfall and crucible weeklies done in one sitting. Only one loss in the crucible and lots of tight games, was super fun.

Also had an unsuccessful cheeky punt at the raid again. Wanna do it again soon with a new Warlock setup - Dawnblade with buff AoE rift and double fusion grenades (which recharge the rift) allowing for endless damage buff on boss guy (if timed right). It also allows me to dodge in midair, like a Wizard Ninja.
  • Really? I disagree with everything that Chalice said.
    Really? Everything I said eh. Why? You like stuff being dumbed down and made for the casuals?

Fucking lol.

The lack of gametype choice.

As in you can't pick to play just say, Control? Yeah, fair enough, but that's no different to the end of D1.

4v4 for everything making games a bit sterile and tame.

Bollocks.

Team shooting wins over everything.

Not quite, but that's not really an issue.

The ability to go off on a solo rampage is diminished massively because of team shooting.

It might be diminished, but it's still very much there. 

You don't really get kills anymore. The notification for a kill is the same as an assist. It's a bit wishy washy who actually gets the kill when you're all on the same target. It's been dumbed down to include an 'efficiency' score - even in competitive. Fuck off. It's fine in quickplay, but not in competitive/ranked matches thanks.

You do get kills. Look at the bottom left. And it's not been 'dumbed down' It's been changed to encourage team play. K/D encourages the exact opposite of that. This is even more important in competitive.

You mostly only ever get one super per game, at the same time as everyone else gets theirs.

This is fair.

The fact that all the weapons are just lacklustre rolls from the first game, and are balanced to the point of being boring.

Bollocks.

The fact there is no longer a reward screen.

This actually bothers anyone?

There is no way to check any stats whatsoever.

Fair

Quitters are fucking everywhere.

Not encountered this any more than any other game.

No Free for All.

Given the focus on team play, this makes perfect sense.
  • The stats thing is baffling, as the Bungie.net stuff from Halo 3 as Chalice says was amazing. There's a limited amount of stuff on destiny tracker but that's it.

Thanks for the morning's play guys. Very enjoyable. Every drop I've had today has been trash though.

How's the nightfall?
  • The nightfall is ok - we had a run trough to check the location of the time gates, then did it on our first proper run after. Just remember to stay out of the centre on the boss - pillar on the right provides good cover and a good place for AoE - and you you should be fine. Nothing super hard.
  • Calm down Dante. Dunno how much crucible you've played but yeah good luck on your solo rampage. ;) How you've not noticed the quitting proves that you haven't been solo queuing much. Also, the weapons are watered down shite compared to the first game, I dunno how you can argue otherwise lol.

The game has been dumbed down to an extent, there's no denying it. Much of the stuff that should be in there from the first game has been taken out and not replaced with anything better. Many of these changes were needed to make D1 better and more fun.

@Gonzo I don't agree that PvP is more fun in the new game. No way. If you're after an intense online team shooting game, Destiny was never it. It was about fucking space magic and guns and flying through the air. The new game appears to be trying to balance itself into oblivion and become maybe an e-sport. Fuck that. There's Halo 5 for that.

We have Destiny Slim now, not 2. That's fine, but not the way I thought they'd go with the franchise. I do agree with many of the critisms the hardcore community have with the game. You can have your sweaty ranked matches and have a blast in social being a one man band. It's been done before no problem by the same fucking developer.

Now we don't even have the choice. That sucks.
  • Prestige Nightfall anyone?
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    Really? I disagree with everything that Chalice said.

I was only joshing. I agreed with quite a bit.

• Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Didn't Cocha go 22/0 the other day. I'm nowhere near as good but I've got some smaller streaks for sure.
  • Olimite wrote:
    Didn't Cocha go 22/0 the other day. I'm nowhere near as good but I've got some smaller streaks for sure.

Twice in two days. Much better results now I’ve changed my game to suit D2. Playing slower and further back as CQC isn’t as successful. Really open lines in every map now so I almost exclusively use Uriels, switch to Mida if it’s the really long game, nades shield and Uriel at any other distance. Love sorting proper tactics if you have at least two of you, the Raid MP map for example. Keep A and B, always keep a shield at B main entry so if they dare it’ll pop their shields as they come through, one at each side watching each lane and communicating non stop, wins everytime.
  • That list is enough to make me never want to be a developer.

Fuck customers.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Quitting is no worse than it was in d1. And there's limits to what you can do. See h5. It's fucking harsh on it, there's still quitters and people complaining they can't rejoin mm.
  • The lack of stats on bungie or app is annoying, but it wasn't great in d1 either.

Also, no solo rampages and it's been "dumbed down for casuals" have to be mutually exclusive criticisms. You cannot both request op individual power, then complain that it's too casual.

• Needs some variety in pvp. I'm finding the constant 4v4 a little bland tbh. Quitting is a big problem in competitive Face - much, much worse than D1. Surprised you've not seen any of that. I've had three games on the bounce of my team quitting and I just had to shut it off.

I can't see them taking it anywhere apart from just reintroducing what we had before. It's a solid stab, but I enjoyed D1 loads more. Banner was a damp squib.
  • Don't play much competitive, did have quitters when I tried.

• Re the 4v4, there's a touch of reaping what you sow. Bigger maps and btb equivalent were ghost towns.

Folks stuck with the arena style maps.

Now, not having 6v6 with 3v3 as the alternative I'll grant you is taking away from variety, but I'll also say that years on b.net during halo days leads me to believe bungie have heard plenty of requests more variety, less variety and everything in between.

I also think their mo, given they'll be stats driven is they'll adjust according to behaviour not only complaints on SM.
  • The solution is to not play competitive.
  • Always surprised me how well trails did in the first one considering how susceptible to quitting asymmetric games are. Sup 1 flag in halo.

• I think my main issue with that list is how much of it is outside the actual gameplay. It's rewards screens. (lolwhat)

The weapons thing is just wrong too. It's certainly more subtle, but there's plenty of solid fun guns.

the current Mida situation is nothing on thorn in d1.

I've got a fair chunk of the recommended scouts now, but don't have Mida (after loving it in d1). I don't feel under powered. Nameless midnight is beast. And I have 2 pulses that I swear by too. Vigilance wing and Negral.

Last hope is a beast in sidearm land. And etana is a good back up to that. Hawthorne > any shotty from d1. IMO.

I don't use many of the machine guns, but they all seem totally viable too.

Its good times.
  • The ticket system stopped that I reckon.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Don't play much competitive, did have quitters when I tried.

Competitive has loads of quitters and it is a big problem. This is largely because, I suspect, D1 lone wolf culture, the one chalice yearns for (even though he did nothing but moan at the time), has led them to the expectation that they should automatically compete against fire teams. If you go into competitive as a solo, expect to play fire teams and hope to do the best you can by trusting /using / following your teammates.

Fact is that playing against opposition that sits all three of them together is tough. It requires a sort of effort and communication which is difficult. Who's got a grenade? Who can hold them off without dying? It's not easy, it's a skill. What can I say? Some people have neither the inclination nor the motivation to get organised.
  • Should probably just @dubs for this.

Hive public event on the rig (titan) how do you set off heroic?
  • Stand in the circles to shoot the wizards then shoot the crystals on the wall.
  • Ah, thought it might be them. Was shooting them last night, I take it you don't get a damage indicator? Or is it only when you in the circles?
  • Facewon wrote:
    Ah, thought it might be them. Was shooting them last night, I take it you don't get a damage indicator? Or is it only when you in the circles?

Yeah, you have to stand in the circles to drop the shield on the crystals. Pop both and heroic will trigger.
  • Cool. I thought I had the cabal non drill one sussed too, and I know it involves the vents, but there's clearly something else.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!