Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • I thought it was awesome. 

A proper hard-core timed grind. Also got me playing in ways I don't ordinarily and turns out there were loads of Lost Sectors I hadn't discovered! 

Took me 4 nights I think. Towards the end it was feeling like a bit of a chore, but even that's part of the masochistic charm. 

Unlocking the Catalyst was sweet.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • You play a lot more than most Davie. I didn't make rank 40 and I played a bit every day.

You didn't paly enough!
    Winkeysmile.gif
    MattyJ wrote:
    Because the amount of tokens you received weren't adjusted per activity, there was no way to opt out if you were done or not bothered meaning if affecting all activities whether you wanted it or not, the ornaments needed full faction armour but you can't buy it only get it through RNG... things like that.

Not sure what you mean by adjusted per activity.
    You got 25 for first milestone each day each charecter...more if you had a ghost and even more if you had full armour.
    (i never had any of these)
    Milestone were just public event then lost sector with 3 renown.

You could increase reknown by doing patrols or high value targets etc and they would also give you tokens too (1-5 depending on stuff like ghost equipped etc)

Public events without milestone then gave 5-10 tokens again dependant on armour and ghost etc.
    Then doing lost sectors at 5 renowned gave 10 tokens.

You also got random tokens droped in raids, treasure chests, crucible, strikes and everywere else.

If you didn't want reknown you could just fast travel to lose it all or throw yourself of a cliff.

I was at about rank 75 with do and didn't have a full set of armour.
    Not interested in ornaments either.
  • JRPC wrote:
    I thought it was awesome. 

A proper hard-core timed grind. Also got me playing in ways I don't ordinarily and turns out there were loads of Lost Sectors I hadn't discovered! 

Same there were a few id done once and never returned to or never seen.
    And i liked having to change my playstyle at times to keep full renown
  • What I mean is, there was no point in doing a raid, crucible, or strikes if you wanted to gain lots of tokens. So doing a public event, patrol or whatever then hitting up the lost sector was the best thing to do. Heroic strikes could've given 25 tokens or something to make it worth the difference in time. 15 for crucible maybe.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I get what you mean now.

Raids are always worth doing though, must have at least 2 full sets of armour at 385 incase one needs to go in wash! ;)
  • Oh yeah, Raid and NFs were out. 

But I liked the change of focus. For a week your normal routine is disrupted. 

More of that I reckon.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    The idea was fine, the execution was poor. I have no social life and even I thought it was for people with no social life.

Maybe they can fine tune it next time to be better.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I dunno, I just got unlucky with Work and having to visit relatives so I could only get to rank 5... Guess it's just how it is. No worries.
  • I got to rank 50, but with the wrong faction. Shoulda stuck with FWC. I didn't realise you couldn't pick one per class.

FWC weapons looked much better.

• So, we were talking about the Dance Party Key last week, and how we've never seen anyone with them.

This guy mentioned on Reddit that he's had 4 of them. From 227 raid completions.

I don't think we'll ever get one.
  • Always nice to hop into comp, and see you are playing a team of four, and all blueberries on your side, and one has given up and left before the match started. But it isn't impossible, as long as players watch heavy, you can smack a team of four even if there are just four of you. Helps if you have a tractor cannon of course.

https://youtu.be/qAlTyr4wwcc
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I was playing with a team earlier and the randoms are almost a harder game as you don't know what they are going to do.

Random one would say (sigh).
  • That just happened to me. Lost to a bunch of utter numpties. In the end I played better because I stopped moving at the start of games, hid behind cover and waited for the teammate to die. Then res him.

At one point we we're 4v 1 and lost to a defuse. Because the guy who armed at the other end of the map decided to come for res's. Utter bellend.

Now I'm in a team of 4 with clanmates who are utterly dreadful. This game.
  • So, we were talking about the Dance Party Key last week, and how we've never seen anyone with them.

This guy mentioned on Reddit that he's had 4 of them. From 227 raid completions.

I don't think we'll ever get one.

I got the lolapalooza key like 2 days later, it then leads to the dance party key.
    All you get is glimmer....waste of time.

Think i sent you a screenshot of it In playstation messenger.
  • Oh, is that what that was.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Finished EP last night for the first time. Wonderful chaos and while it can't compare to a Raid, it was a solid MP experience.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Nice, struggling to find time to pursue some end-game in this at the moment. :/
  • Faction rallys are back so all you with little time have another chance to get your catalysts etc.
    :)
  • digi wrote:
    Faction rallys are back so all you with little time have another chance to get your catalysts etc.
    What’s the point. Everyone goes with fucking Space Goths every time!

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Except all the other times where New Monarchy (rightly) won.

• All wrong.

Anyway, logged on and straight off yesterday due to not wanting to spend an hour fucking around in Vault.

What must I keep? Need a clear out.
    Can-of-sprite
  • digi wrote:
    Faction rallys are back so all you with little time have another chance to get your catalysts etc.

Who cares what others go with, catalysts for your weapons are what really matters.
  • digi wrote:
    Faction rallys are back so all you with little time have another chance to get your catalysts etc. :)

FWC have a good chance this time, most players got the catalyst for Graviton Lance, and FWC have Sunshot.

Also, the Ishtar Commander dev says he'll delete the app if FWC don't win.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Better start looking for a new item manager then.
  • You should all be using DIM again.  It's now a web app, and it's still brilliant.  Has a built-in infusion calculator, community ratings for weapons, recommended perks, farming mode and all sorts.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Haven't touched this again in weeks. Kinda just fell away from it unawares. Just didn't hold my attention. Not really played anything of note in the past month or two. Just a bit fed up with games at the moment. Same old stuff just different skins.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    In contrast I am loving it. I have joined a passionate clan who play nightly and there's always stuff to do.

Finally going to Raid soon.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Nice, glad you found some guys to play with. I'm just too busy at the moment and am on a bit of a burnout tour of gaming in general. Be back at some point no doubt :)
  • These space goth cunts better not have won.
  • Spoiler:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!