Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • It's just about playable on my laptop which is quite impressive really. Preferred playing with controller over mouse/keyboard which is sacrilege. It's made me want to start paying for gold again and get it on xbone!
  • I use controller on laptop. Works Lovely.

I'll add folks later even though I'm patchy for the next week or so and usual time zone issues apply.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • You've gone PC?!

I guess you don't have to pay to play online which is nice.

I think it's either buy a better PC or go xbone to enjoy this properly though
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Destiny 2 is very well optimised on PC. Spent the last two weeks trying to unlearn Controller and learn KB&M and by god it's so much better, especially for precision shots. 

My Battle.Net tags is: Speedhaak#2571 if anyone wants to add me :)

Added you Gurt :)
  • How is the player population on PC?

Just started again and got to the farm and there's literally no one here. never saw that on console.
  • MoesTavern wrote:
    How is the player population on PC?

Just started again and got to the farm and there's literally no one here. never saw that on console.

Not entirely sure but my guess would be there’s very few that would go to the farm anymore as there’s no reason outside that initial levelling as a hub. The tower etc will be the population centres.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I'm not sure how to isolate PC stats but there were 2 million logged players yesterday globally according to destinytracker - I haven't had any issues with getting fireteams or what not on PC.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    MoesTavern wrote:
    How is the player population on PC? Just started again and got to the farm and there's literally no one here. never saw that on console.
    Not entirely sure but my guess would be there’s very few that would go to the farm anymore as there’s no reason outside that initial levelling as a hub. The tower etc will be the population centres.

I thought that too but I was expecting to see a lot of new low level players with the game being free on PC till the 18th.
  • Yeah, I've not noticed issues with getting fireteams ever.

Haven't tried pvp for a while though.
  • Playing the trial on xbox one now. Bloody brilliant. The world feels alive, combat is outstanding. I like to come to the party late, lol
  • New to D2 and battlenet.
    My handle there is 'mightybeast.'
    Will add some of the pc peeps to the friends list later.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Djornson wrote:
    Playing the trial on xbox one now. Bloody brilliant. The world feels alive, combat is outstanding. I like to come to the party late, lol

Welcome back!
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    New to D2 and battlenet. My handle there is 'mightybeast.' Will add some of the pc peeps to the friends list later.

Speedhaak#2571

:)
  • Aye, added.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Had a nice experience in Destiny last night. Was grinding Iron Banner for the evening when I decided to go see Spider for some resources. While there, I got a message via the in-game chat from some guy asking a few questions. He was level 50 but clearly lost. As someone who's been playing Destiny since 2014 I sometimes forget how obscure and perhaps confusing the game systems might be for a new player.

He was basically asking me how to get stronger and get new weapons, along with how he could upgrade his classes. I was talking through it with him and explaining about Power Engrams (the purple ones) ect. He said he didn't know what all the icons were on the map and he had been doing just random adventures and quests for a week without much progress.

I felt for him and after he asked for some help with two adventure missions - both on separate planets - I offered my help. I hadn't the heart to tell him that these missions would reward standard legendary gear and not powerful rewards after going through it previously but at 512 PL I thought at least he would still get some minor upgrades having not hit the advancement threshold yet.

I also found it odd that he had picked missions on two separate planets. As a long time Destiny player I always grind out one activity or location at a time. However, I appreciated that a new player might not see the world of Destiny in such linear fashion and was almost jealous of his sense of exploration, wanting to go to different planets and try different quests without an agenda. Or at least without a strict agenda.

So he joined my Fireteam and off we went, first to IO. As a Warlock main on PC, not much is of any match for Chaos Reach in a PVE environment, I've also been lucky with some godrolls on weapons and I am sure as many of you know now Thunderlord is back in action and is quite beastly. So although he was getting insta-killed by the mobs I was able to comfortably take him through his quests and get him some drops. 

Along the way we chatted intermittently and I gave him some advice on what to do to grow his character. Starting of course with getting Thunderlord, which is a relatively easy quest. Ace of Spades was another if less accessible quest. I told him Iron Banner would be a great way to get some powerful gear while the event runs as well, but he seemed a little intimidated by PvP which was fair enough. It was enjoyable to be chatting as we played though the content (hopefully we M&KB support on Xbox this will be something to happen on console now too) and discussing different aspects of the game.

Since I have started playing Destiny I've rarely if ever had an experience like this. He was a very pleasant person and I was more than happy to help out and share some thoughts on the game with him. We ended the night with a friend request and as I returned to the Tower he began his journey to the EDZ in pursuit of Thunderlord.

The experience have me some perspective on how games like Destiny can be great. I think I've spent a lot of my time recently in Destiny (especially on Console) just darting though content, grinding with tunnel vision - rarely if ever stopping to just be in the world with other people. Help out players who need it and go on adventures just for adventures sake, and not having to be constantly rewarded for playing.

It's one of the reasons I enjoy PC gaming that bit more than console, the ability to chat with players without language barrier or accent confusion. People tend to open up a lot more with text chatting and aren't afraid of being judged by their tone of voice or accent. It was a great experience and reminded me of the old days in MMOs. It's great to see Destiny returning to a hobby platform and I sincerely hope Bungie continue on down this road.

:D
  • Nice story Haak.

I had some interaction with a stranger too, I sent him a message saying he was ‘Fucking useless’ after a game of Gambit where he just stood dancing at the back. My reward was a 24 hour comma ban.

So you win, but I wanted to share too. Miss you.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Ah dude sorry :/ Gambit can be fucking infuriating with randoms. People camping blockers instead of collecting motes ect. Hope the community is good on Xbox :)
  • Love the memories bit when you start by the way.

Nice image of beating Vault of Glass with Billy and Yoss and Crota's End with Billy, and Sparky
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    Ah dude sorry :/ Gambit can be fucking infuriating with randoms. People camping blockers instead of collecting motes ect. Hope the community is good on Xbox :)

Our community is DEAD aside from Elm, Oli and myself but we’re part of a new community now which is ridiculously active. Got a Spire of Stars and an Eater of Worlds complete in one night this week. Good fun little Lairs.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    The new community is awesome!
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Cool, glad you guys found a nice home :)
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    We miss you though dude but glad you're enjoying PC-land.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I know, it's my own fault for trying the PC version last year. Once you've played Destiny at 60fps it's very hard to go back to 30, especially for PvP which is what I am doing most. HC's on PC in PvP are just insane due to the accuracy of the mouse. 

Still though, with M&KB  support for Xbox now hopefully the next Destiny will be able to achieve 60fps on console with aforementioned support. it's a shame the Xbox Badger community fell apart though. 

I am always telling the PC guys about our VOG, Crota and King's Fall days. I've showed them some of Elm's videos, including our spectacular PoE run.
  • You can use mouse and keyboard on Xbox?! Does it let you know when someone is playing like that in multiplayer?
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    You can't on Destiny but you can on Fortnite. It obviously keeps the two groups apart for MM.
  • I've been all controller all the time on pc. It was fine in pvp early on against mouse etc. Not sure now.

Agree re being able to have text chat.

Have had some good simple interactions with folks on pc.

Everyone hang around until I've done talos principle please.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Took me a good few weeks to get sued to M&KB with Destiny, I was completely lost at the start but once you do get the hang of it, it's fantastic.
  • Not bad. Forsaken is £26 at the mo on PSN. Hmmm. Don’t think I’ll be able to give it the time it deserves.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!