Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Djornson wrote:
    Hmmm i might just play Red Dead Redemption 2 :P If i never play Destiny 2 again that was an awesomely well spent £20

Fair enough, the campaigns are certainly worth the entrance fee alone.  You should try out some of the Strikes though if you haven't already.  Warden of Nothing and The Corrupted are a bit special, and up there with the best of the story missions imo.
  • Got to the dream city place and the patrol markers have morphed into women.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Nice :D

Some grind!
  • Thanks, and that was with deleting a level 20 Warlock and starting again. I'm really enjoying it as well, there's so much to do that I'm not getting the burn-out I suffered with vanilla. Yet. I just wanna play Destiny.

Gonna delete and restart my Titan next.

Oh, and do it all again on PC.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Oh man, the difference on PC. That extra 30fps makes the gunplay super buttery.
  • I know, I've only played to the Farm but bloody hell it looks and feels amazing!

Bungie are really gonna miss Vicarious Visions.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yeah, completely. They did a stellar job on the PC version. The optimisation is fantastic.
  • Good late evening in the dreaming city with Stormy and Scant last night. Game still has its hooks firmly in me.

Really give me a shout anytime you are on Stormy and I'll come blade barrage myself to death for your amusement.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Delighted hunters can kill themselves with that now.
  • Cheers, Skade, was good fun falling to my death shooting things with you again.  And when I'm on late again I'll give you a shout.  

I managed to punch the 7000 required (or thereabouts) Fallen to death earlier in order to progress in unlocking my next forge.  Gotta find 450 caches now, or something.
  • I managed to punch the 7000 required (or thereabouts) Fallen to death earlier in order to progress in unlocking my next forge.

3 punched so far.....
    Can-of-sprite
  • Trying to open the Gofannon forge, got the basic sniper frame from Ada, got the weapon core, but I can't get compound ether to drop from dead Fallen.  I've searched online and while there's plenty of people moaning about the same thing I can't see any solutions.  Could it be another quest blocking my progress?  I'm stumped.
  • Destiny has lost me completely for the moment. Feel a little sad about it but such is life. Just absolutely lost interest, none of the weapons seem to please me and the new armour is just the same as all the rest. That’s me until 3 now I believe.
  • Trying to open the Gofannon forge, got the basic sniper frame from Ada, got the weapon core, but I can't get compound ether to drop from dead Fallen.  I've searched online and while there's plenty of people moaning about the same thing I can't see any solutions.  Could it be another quest blocking my progress?  I'm stumped.

You are in the EDZ yes?

It's a known issue from the last patch, Bungie are investigating

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46168
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    Destiny has lost me completely for the moment. Feel a little sad about it but such is life. Just absolutely lost interest, none of the weapons seem to please me and the new armour is just the same as all the rest. That’s me until 3 now I believe.

In the same boat. Although I am still playing. Doing The Draw quest now but meh, got HC's coming out my arse now. I think I prefer (in hindsight) getting my loot from Raids, possibly. It's hard to know. I think I was definitely more invested in the game when we were raiding. Without that end-game content it just feels like I am grinding for loot for the sake of it. 

Amassing a collection of trophies that I don't use. But that's just 4 years of playtime coming to a halt. Jaded and tired but there is no denying that Forsaken is an absolutely fantastic new direction for Destiny.
  • You are in the EDZ yes?

Tried Nessus, the EDZ, and the Tangled Shore, but I didn't see instructions on doing it in a specific location.

It's a known issue from the last patch, Bungie are investigating https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46168

This explains it though.  I'm somewhat miffed.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    Destiny has lost me completely for the moment. Feel a little sad about it but such is life. Just absolutely lost interest, none of the weapons seem to please me and the new armour is just the same as all the rest. That’s me until 3 now I believe.

In the same boat. Although I am still playing. Doing The Draw quest now but meh, got HC's coming out my arse now. I think I prefer (in hindsight) getting my loot from Raids, possibly. It's hard to know. I think I was definitely more invested in the game when we were raiding. Without that end-game content it just feels like I am grinding for loot for the sake of it. 

Amassing a collection of trophies that I don't use. But that's just 4 years of playtime coming to a halt. Jaded and tired but there is no denying that Forsaken is an absolutely fantastic new direction for Destiny.

That is literally how I began to feel, I wasn’t doing it as part of something that would benefit the group in any way, just grinding for things very, very similar to what I had. I dunno maybe it’s just me but none of the weapons stand out like before, and all the armour is so very similar. Even the Raid stuff is a play on the same armour variants since day one. In D1 the Raid armour was entirely different, as were the weapons. I could name a bunch of weapons that were amazing, I can’t think of any from D2 I’d pick over those from D1. But I entirely agree Forsaken was amazing.

Perhaps it’s Rose tinted glasses but there is absolutely nothing about D2 that is making me wanna jump back in. I was totally sold until The Black Armoury, and played that the minute it dropped and immediately thought, what’s keeping me playing? The answer was nothing. For the first time in 5 years I really don’t wanna play Destiny.
  • Do ya'll ever go back and play D1 Vault of Glass? Playing that is such an amazing memory for me.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    Speedhaak wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    In the same boat. Although I am still playing. Doing The Draw quest now but meh, got HC's coming out my arse now. I think I prefer (in hindsight) getting my loot from Raids, possibly. It's hard to know. I think I was definitely more invested in the game when we were raiding. Without that end-game content it just feels like I am grinding for loot for the sake of it.  Amassing a collection of trophies that I don't use. But that's just 4 years of playtime coming to a halt. Jaded and tired but there is no denying that Forsaken is an absolutely fantastic new direction for Destiny.
    That is literally how I began to feel, I wasn’t doing it as part of something that would benefit the group in any way, just grinding for things very, very similar to what I had. I dunno maybe it’s just me but none of the weapons stand out like before, and all the armour is so very similar. Even the Raid stuff is a play on the same armour variants since day one. In D1 the Raid armour was entirely different, as were the weapons. I could name a bunch of weapons that were amazing, I can’t think of any from D2 I’d pick over those from D1. But I entirely agree Forsaken was amazing. Perhaps it’s Rose tinted glasses but there is absolutely nothing about D2 that is making me wanna jump back in. I was totally sold until The Black Armoury, and played that the minute it dropped and immediately thought, what’s keeping me playing? The answer was nothing. For the first time in 5 years I really don’t wanna play Destiny.

I just logged in there and logged out again after 20 minutes of grinding Crucible for TLW. I honestly think a lot of it boils down to the structure of the game - as it is now - and community. In Destiny 1 we had 6-10 regular players. We'd have Iron Banner to do every month, Trials at the weekends and Raids during the week. Outside of that you could do your own thing like grind Strikes for Strikes specific loot or level up your factions ect.

I have Black Armoury too but I haven't done a single Forge. When it came out I was in the middle of the Malfeasance grind and stuck with that, then I did the Breakneck grind and now I am doing TLW grind (and before that I had done Horror Story and Ace of Spades). It's nuts. On a constant grind treadmill. I've done next to nothing in The Dreaming City either and I kinda feel now that I can't be arsed with the forges.

Some grind is good but I think it should be reserved for super duper raid weapons like Touch of Malice, Outbreak Prime ect. I dunno, I know most people will think I'm wrong and they're probably right :P

But yeah, could very well be done until Destiny 3 myself. Especially with Anthem and he Division 2 (which I want to give a proper go this time) coming soon.
  • I am 510, got to the dreaming city, not sure what to do and everything is set at level 550. I drop down only to get my miserable arse handed to me by grunts. Tried the bathing thing near nessus which even at level 300 feels impossible without 5 others.
  • Aye, the Dreaming City's a proper end-game area and you'll need to power-up a bit before you can make the most of it.

There are multiple powerful engrams available from Petra for completing the various activities every week once you're ready for them. Besides your usual patrols, pub events, Lost Sectors, and daily bounties, there's the Blind Well, a PvE horde mode activity that changes enemies based on the Dreaming City's 3 week curse cycle. There's a mission that also change on the same 3 week cycle. There's the Ascendant Challenge, which changes weekly on a 6 week cycle (these are very cool).  And there's The Shattered Throne, a 3 player Dungeon in the Ascendant Realm that's kinda like a mini-Raid and only available in the 3rd and final week of the curse cycle - which is this week - but is 580 recommended iirc.

The bathing thing is the Leviathan Raid? Yup, you're gonna need a team for that.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
  • Liking the sound of those new Gambit experiences. Not sure about new armour with buffs for invaders in a game mode that already buffs invaders though.
  • Chaps, this is the perfect time for anyone to get back on the horse. With the power boost, you can  be up to level pretty soon.

I'd quite like to try and get some forum stuff going. Private Gambit stuff sounds awesome if we can have enough of us on, but as ever I'm happy to play anything in the game.
  • Yeah that looks good.

Dants I'm down for anything.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Skade wrote:
    Yeah that looks good.

Dants I'm down for anything.

Me too
  • The Season of the Drifter is here! This brings with it a whole load of sandbox changes, a re-organisation of how you earn Clan XP and a power level rise.

If you're thinking you're miles behind, fear not! The Drifter will offer special bounties to boost you to level 640!

So who is up for playing this weekend?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!