Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Il be on after footy tonite and all day tomorrow.
    Still working out what I'm doing etc.
  • digi wrote:
    Still working out what I'm doing etc.

Played a bit last night, I think prime is a much better form of Gambit. Much harder though.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Am online now! Come join me!
  • stormyskiesahead
    Show networks
    Twitter
    stormyskiesahead
    Xbox
    stormysk1es
    PSN
    stormyskiesahead
    Steam
    stormyskiesahead

Send message
    Nice!  

I've just jumped back in after a while off.  Been grinding for the Arbalest and helmet ornaments with my Warlock and Titan and trying to get my new Hunter to level 50, so haven't really done any power level stuff yet.  Think I've gone up by 4 this week.
  • If you havent done it yet, turn on the Grenade boost and jump into Banner. Its hilarious, and Ive no idea why everyone isnt doing it.
  • stormyskiesahead
    Show networks
    Twitter
    stormyskiesahead
    Xbox
    stormysk1es
    PSN
    stormyskiesahead
    Steam
    stormyskiesahead

Send message
    I did wonder about that.  I try and keep away from PvP if I can though, it's really not my thing.
  • stormyskiesahead
    Show networks
    Twitter
    stormyskiesahead
    Xbox
    stormysk1es
    PSN
    stormyskiesahead
    Steam
    stormyskiesahead

Send message
    Which has always felt really weird, as PvP in other games is absolutely my thing.
  • The Enkaar mission in this is absolutely the worst mission I've played in any game.
  • stormyskiesahead
    Show networks
    Twitter
    stormyskiesahead
    Xbox
    stormysk1es
    PSN
    stormyskiesahead
    Steam
    stormyskiesahead

Send message
    Never got that far, meant having to play PvP so nah.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Finally got around to getting Thorn. Pretty nice HC - enjoy using it.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Leveled a Hunter on PC to end-game. That's six times going through the campaign across Xbox and PC. I really hope they make a lot of the feature unlocks such as The Armory, Dreaming City ect account wide in the next game as having to grind out all these silly things on each character is borish.
  • At the very least they need to make progress cross platform.

Have you done the Outbreak Perfected mission?
  • At the very least they need to make progress cross platform.

Have you done the Outbreak Perfected mission?

I'm most quite 700 yet but iv done all the nodes on the thing and got the mission unlocked.
    Not tried it yet.
    Is weapon any good?

• Yeah, I'm having fun with it.

The mission is 690, and heroic is 700. Not done heroic yet, but really enjoyed normal.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    At the very least they need to make progress cross platform. Have you done the Outbreak Perfected mission?

Not done it yet. Waiting for a few people to come online to do it. :D
  • A load of nerfs coming for anyone still playing

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47823
  • I'm playing right now!
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Well?
  • Not playing right now, I'm at work.
  • Right, a proper update then.

So Destiny 2 is changing in big and exciting ways. First up, and most important, is cross save. Up until now, if you wanted to play on 2 systems, you had to create a brand new character, and start from scratch. That will soon be dead, and you can use the same guardian on PlayStation, PC, Xbox and something you probably won't want to do, Google Stadia.

The next big news is that there will be a Free To Play version of Destiny made available called Destiny 2: New Light. All Year 1 content is available in this. It sounds like you will need to purchase Forsaken to access those story missions and I believe the raid, but the Dreaming City and Tangled shore destinations will be available. So anyone on PC can download this for their console, and play most of the content with PS4 players for example with the same Guardian and loot they have on PC.

So on to new content. The next DLC is called Shadowkeep. This is totally standalone, requiring none of the previous DLC to run. All future seasonal content will also work like this.

No new content will be platform exclusive. If it's available in Destiny, it doesn't matter where you play, you can play with it.

This is all awesome news. In many ways it's moving towards the game as originally pitched. Whilst cross play is not available (although I wouldn't rule out that coming at some point), cross save combined with New Light means that badgers with multiple platforms can move over and play together in a much easier way than previously.
  • What do you think of this new season @Dante?
    Have you had a go in the menagerie?
  • Have they detailed how it'll work with having things unlocked across platforms? And characters? I.e. Do I keep everything I've ever unlocked and have to choose which 3 out of 6 guardians I want to keep?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Interesting point actually. Can I use my PC characters on xbox as well as my xbox ones?
  • digi wrote:
    What do you think of this new season @Dante? Have you had a go in the menagerie?

I've done one, it's pretty good. Apparently anyone can have one go at it, even if they aren't a annual pass holder.

I don't know how characters work if you have already played on multiple platforms. If you've only done one though, all your characters and all your stuff is available no matter where you play. I imagine we'll get more details on this down the line, rather than muddying the waters during the initial announcement.
  • From the wording of the info “Select a primary account” and use that account anywhere I’m guessing if you own it multiple times already you’ll just have to pick one and stick with that, no merging. Could be wrong, but that’s the way I read it.
  • Soooo what's all this about eververse and dismantling stuff? If I ever plan to play destiny again should I log in and delete some shit?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • On Sept 17th, they will be making changes to Eververse. After then, items will dismantle into glimmer and legendary shards. So dismantle every eververse item you dont want before then to get the bright dust.

You should then play with me and Davie.
  • I wonder if I stopped playing StS how long it would take to get from about 310 light (I think?). What’s the cap now?
  • b0r1s wrote:
    I wonder if I stopped playing StS how long it would take to get from about 310 light (I think?). What’s the cap now?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!