Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Aye just gies an invite when your good il come join.
  • Cool. Thanks bud. Slight delay but I’ll be on soon.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    So, as someone who has downloaded this when it was on plus, but then never played this because I don't know and now doesn't has plus anymore (but will soon because Iceborne), is it worth it to start playing? I've just read that it's going f2p September 17th, and I would only be about to start playing at the end of September anyway.

I tried to figure out what's gonna change, but it's a bit confusing. Is the single player bit gonna be replaced with something? I read the f2p game might have some single player thing that will get you're character at a decent Pre set starter level once you've gone through it. I guess there will be more new players next month so that might be a good time to start?

I mainly just want some multiplayer to play, preferably with some people from here. It doesn't seem like Iceborne is gonna have the same uptake as World, and this thread gets bumped more often lately. Can you actually achieve things if you play for an hour or so?

There's no reason to not try it next month of course, I'm just a bit unclear what I should expect. It only has early stuff on the f2p bit right? So how expensive will it be if I want all the content? Any good videos out there that will explain the basics?
  • The single player isn't being replaced, but they're boosting the levels of new players so they can start playing with legacy players straight away.

The New Light thing is probably what you'll want to download, as I don't know if the base game is being updated for the other stuff or not. This will give you all the multiplayer stuff, so if that's all you're bothered about, no need to buy anything else.

This will give you everything except Forsaken and the Annual pass. If you want to play the Forsaken single player missions, you need to buy that. If you don't, then you can ignore it.

The new expansion Shadowkeep doesn't require any previous expansion to work, so if you get into the game and want more, you can buy this without Forsaken.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Ok that sounds good. I'll probably want to try some single player at some point, but I'll go with the New Light first and decide from there.
  • The campaigns are mostly great, and New Light will give you plenty to get stuck into.  From a new opening mission lifted from D1 to the main D2 campaign and the Y1 expansion campaigns.  

It's worth mentioning that none of these campaigns are really "single player" as such.  I mean, you can play the campaigns solo if you want, but beyond D2's opening mission (and a couple of subsequent solo quests) everything can be played with friends.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Good to know. As long as there's a way I can get used to the game without bothering others (or with others taking you through it in a much faster way than you'd want), it's good.
  • The main campaign will be perfect for that, most of the complicated stuff comes later on as you approach the endgame content.  You can jump in and out of the multiplayer modes whenever you want until you're ready to team up.
  • If you get the F2P package, I’ll be happily to do some slow, no rush accompaniment. If we can get a third then you’ll also be able to enjoy the strikes without matchmade randos running through at a million miles an hour.
  • I find a lot of the design of this game deeply frustrating - even post Forsaken. But when you’re chillin with buds and achieving your goals, there’s few things better. Especially with those lovely guns.

Also, been getting super fucking lucky with the rng since coming back. Hope it holds.
  • If you get the F2P package, I’ll be happily to do some slow, no rush accompaniment. If we can get a third then you’ll also be able to enjoy the strikes without matchmade randos running through at a million miles an hour.

Same, timing and connection dependant.  I got a lot of chilled out, no rush accompaniment in the early days of D2 from peeps on here (any help was as much about the UI and mechanics than anything), and I'm always happy to do the same.
  • I'll play with anyone, as long as they have 5+ raid clears and Icebreaker
  • They really allow you to play with computer controlled teammates.
  • Had a good evening with Daq. Dick kept booting me by saying incendiary things about the glorious people’s republic over party chat, meaning I repeatedly failed to get credits on my bounties. Still love the dude, though. Prick.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I find a lot of the design of this game deeply frustrating - even post Forsaken. But when you’re chillin with buds and achieving your goals, there’s few things better. Especially with those lovely guns.
    This is what I'm hoping for for.

I'll post here when I have it and want to team up. We're in Europe when it goes f2p and it will be at least a couple days / week before I can jump on.

Looking forward to it, I very occasionally play Fortnite with my nephew, and while I don't like that game at all, it's fun to be able to team up. 7-8 years old can be very bossy though...
  • A good evening was spent with stormy and scant trying to outwit trevor the shredder last night.

Positive thoughts for getting outbreak prime tonight.
    Can-of-sprite
  • You'll get it, reckon we've got everything nailed down but old Trev.
  • Oh, Stormy - I figured out the audio issues. It wasn't your headphones or my internet - it was my headphones. I think they got damaged in the move - they can do game audio or chat audio, not both. Had to switch to the plug-in earbud to talk to Davie and Daq.
  • Will replace them, obviously.
  • It's full curse week, which means if you got your solstice armour you'll want to give Shattered Throne a bash. Davie, if you haven't done it yet I'd like to give it a go sometime this week, as I can't be arsed soloing it.
  • Oh, Stormy - I figured out the audio issues. It wasn't your headphones or my internet - it was my headphones. I think they got damaged in the move - they can do game audio or chat audio, not both. Had to switch to the plug-in earbud to talk to Davie and Daq.

Good to know!  It'd be cool to try and team up again whenever we're both on.
    Good to know!  It'd be cool to try and team up again whenever we're both on.

Yar. Had a session with Daq the day after we tried to play, and also did some stuff with Davie. It's nice being back on. Internet is rancid at the mo, but may be abel to sort that out too. Internet speeds are ridiculously good, but the Firewall is on scorched earth mode at the mo (for obvious reasons). Wanna get a regular amount of fireteam action going, and then hopefully get back into raiding.
  • Would it help if we named the party "All hail Xi Jinping"?
  • It's full curse week, which means if you got your solstice armour you'll want to give Shattered Throne a bash. Davie, if you haven't done it yet I'd like to give it a go sometime this week, as I can't be arsed soloing it.

Anytime pal.
    Would love to get it done too.
  • You'll get it, reckon we've got everything nailed down but old Trev.

Cheers, Trev defeated and shattered throne shattered!

Turns out I had done some of the izanami burden questline, I'm at the stage that I need to revisit the leviathan.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Is that the Watchers Lens thing? If so I need to do that.
  • Zero Hour and the Shattered Throne went down far quicker than I expected tbh, really good stuff. With any luck we'll get Wish Ender tonight or at some point this week.

That Leviathan / Watchers Lens step for Izanagi's Burden is actually pretty easy to cheese with the room resets, the upcoming rare bounty step is a bit more random though.
  • With any luck we'll get Wish Ender tonight or at some point this week.

Wish Ender looks very gettable.
    Can-of-sprite
  • More stuff from Luke Smith on Seasons in Y3.  It's sounding pretty good, although I still have issues with them removing content despite solid reasoning on their part. But hey, it is what it is.

One really interesting point for me is the addition of a Battle Pass (in all but name),  100 ranks available to climb over the season for rewards.  Like other BP's there'll be a free and a premium path (premium is included with the Season Pass), with everything from exotic weapons, ornaments, ships and sparrows, to full seasonal armour sets available.  Doubtlessly there'll be moaners, but I love the idea of having a series of rewards to work towards over a season, and some of these items are the kind of things that we currently have to buy from Eververse so that's another bonus.

Here's the pic they posted for an idea of what to expect;

EjizOqt.jpg
  • I dont like battle passes, so this is the first news I'm unsure of.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!