Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Is there a way to get open world purple drops to be anything other than that small selection of Forsaken-era guns and costuming? Kind of dull grabbing my umpteenth 10 Paces or Prodigal Codpiece etc. and just trashing them for gems.
  • I've no idea why legendary Y1 armour isn't dropping in engrams alongside the Forsaken stuff now they've upgraded it all to 2.0.  You can get 2.0 versions of Y1 Crucible and Vanguard armour from those activities, and I have got a couple of pieces of Y1 armour from random supply caches in the EDZ.  That's about it though besides the deeply average rolls the world vendors can sell you.  

Some Y1 weapons were updated for Forsaken and now drop from a variety of sources, but the drop rates are low and there are loads missing.  Such a shame as some of the old stuff looked amazing. 

I'd love a reworked Uriel's Gift or Minuet-42 and some decent stats on a set of Titan Wildwood armour.
  • Yeah, I like that gun the electrocutes nearby people. Although it only dose it randomly as far as I can gather.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm a big fan of EP.  When there's 6 Guardians involved at the higher tiers, power weapons, grenades, and supers all over the place, and more particle effects than your eyes can cope with.  Brilliant.
    Wow, I finished my first EP last night. With randoms. By accident.

I just did an Osiris story mission (halfway through that campaign I think) and thought I'd do some public events on Mars for the Flashpoint weekly. Somehow I ended up in a EP, and also the Rig public event. Everything was very confusing, and a lot of spectacle.
    Tbh, I enjoy everything where I can abuse rockets or grenades.

Definitely gonna look for this more often, just not when I'm "just gonna do a story, an adventure and one quick public event (learning the heroic), then bed". There was no way I could sleep after that.

Still no clue what happened with the keys I got, but my 7 Rasputin pieces are gone, she I could buy an encrypted key from Ana, so I guess the encrypted I already had got decrypted during the EP?

It's a fun concept that you can land on a planet and see all kinda people do different things, and being able to join them at any point. It feels very fluent, and really helps with giving you the feeling you're part of a bigger thing.
  • The keys are turned into the encrypted keys by doing 7 waves of EP.
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    Yeah, I like that gun the electrocutes nearby people. Although it only dose it randomly as far as I can gather.

It's a bit loose. Once you've taken any kind of electric damage, shooting it back at a thing will zap the things around it, but I'm never really sure of the conductivity radius. Works best if your central target is a big tanky fucker and they're surrounded by pissants. Is a scream in the Moon escalation events, soon as wizards turn up it's game over for the skeleton people.
  • I have to assume there're equivalent nuke-em-all setups for solar and void elements, probably different classes.
  • Nina wrote:
    Wow, I finished my first EP last night. With randoms. By accident.  It's a fun concept that you can land on a planet and see all kinda people do different things, and being able to join them at any point. It feels very fluent, and really helps with giving you the feeling you're part of a bigger thing.

Yeah EP's great fun.  And re: "part of a bigger thing", I love that about D2.  I'm more than happy to load into a location for an hour or so with no objective in mind, joining in here and there or doing my own thing while others do the same.  I'm getting warm and fuzzy feelings just thinking about the damn game.
  • They've done a really good job stripping away any incentives to be a dick when you see folks doing other stuff.

You could walk into an area and literally take one shot at. A public event to have it say you joined, and you'd get the rewards.

I liked in d1 helping folks enter the raid area.

Either way, there's never a sitcho where I feel any need to anything other than shoot bad guys with folks, and the Flipside is how many times I'll just start a public event, knowing there's a better than 50% chance the cavalry will come at some point.

And if you don't open heroic, who cares?
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Brooks wrote:
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    Yeah, I like that gun the electrocutes nearby people. Although it only dose it randomly as far as I can gather.

It's a bit loose. Once you've taken any kind of electric damage, shooting it back at a thing will zap the things around it, but I'm never really sure of the conductivity radius. Works best if your central target is a big tanky fucker and they're surrounded by pissants. Is a scream in the Moon escalation events, soon as wizards turn up it's game over for the skeleton people.

Makes sense.
  • Forgot about the Festival finishing tomorrow. Had to grind out 120 coins before bed as up for work at 06:00. Oh well, got the weapon now. Hope it’s worth it.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Does all the candy I have just vanish?  I'm not really sure what to do with it.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Forgot about the Festival finishing tomorrow. Had to grind out 120 coins before bed as up for work at 06:00. Oh well, got the weapon now. Hope it’s worth it.

It’s a really solid gun. It’s not gonna be optimal for super high-level activities but as a day-to-day choice for bread and butter content you could do far worse.
  • Subbax wrote:
    Does all the candy I have just vanish?  I'm not really sure what to do with it.

You could buy a few random roll Werewolves if you have enough. I got a Killclip / Outlaw one I rather like.
  • Skade wrote:
    Claws of the wolf (Iron banner pulse), is my go to legendary pulse rifle.

I have this. I should use it more. I need to figure out which of my guns are actually worth using
  • "it depends"
  • They should put out a fucking exotic called It Depends
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I've never played Gambit prime so wondering how the role selection works. Is there a way of picking or do I need to communicate with my team of randoms?
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • If you're on your own its just hope for the best.
  • Finally got Jotunn.  The last Forge run of the quest also randomly dropped the curated roll Hammerhead (Feeding Frenzy and Rampage) and honestly, I'm almost as hyped about that.
  • What is bugged with the jotunn quest? Does it only count 2 forged weapons a week? Is that a bug or just another misleading quest step description....
    Can-of-sprite
  • I'm not sure.  I've read about complaints that frames weren't counting towards progress, but I've had no issues.

Never did more than two frames a week though.
  • Ugh, trying to do the Deathbringer quest, and cunts keep insta killing the fucking mob in the strike.
  • Yup, had to do that three times.
  • What's irritating is you don't need the killing blow. Just shoot her once and let everyone else turn up.
  • Apologies if it's already been put in here but Shadowkeep, Shadowkeep deluxe edition, and Forsaken are currently reduced on Xbox as part of their BF deals. Dunno bout PS.
  • Not been posted. PS is still full price, but given its gone down on the other 2 I suspect that's just a waiting game.

Destiny Discounts

Xbox (Deals with Gold): 
    Shadowkeep Digital Deluxe - £37.49
    Shadowkeep - £17.99
    Forsaken - £11.99
  • They've already been on sale on the HK PSN store, so that's usually a decent indicator too. 

Give it a month.
  • Should be around 4 clan engrams for team clueless at hawthorn.
  • I did notice, ta. There was a Sole Survivor in my pile.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!