Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    For Titans and Warlocks yes. At least with Hunters (bar Blade Barrage) you actually have to aim and you don't get insane armour and mobility bonuses. Think I'll switch back to Titan :P Can't beat 'em, join 'em ect...

wtf, Hunter supers are "close eyes and hit attack" while you spectral-blade around the map 3 times and wipe the whole team without having to think.  

I've had 2 weeks off D2 for the first time since before Forsaken.  I think the combination of the power grind and the weapon sunsetting is making me feel like I'm playing for the kit more than for the fun of it for the first time in ages.  Might not be a bad time for a few weeks off before coming back for Beyond Light I suppose.

Will probably end up grinding out some IB with all 3 characters for the decent AR/sidearm rolls now that I've said that, and I really do want to give Prophecy a try; although I get a bit miffed at some of the directions of the lore surrounding the Nine.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Just finished grinding out Randy's Throwing Knife... Man that was boring. Up there with Breakneck...

And yeah, Spectral Blades is op I guess. I never play that tree though.

Kinda feeling the burn again already. It's like juts log on, hoover up a load of bounties and rinse content. There's no organic exploration or want to be in the overworld any more. Then again, I have been playing Destiny for nearly 6 years now so I guess you're gonna get fed up along the way more than a few times.

I really do think the current state of the game is bad though. Art team nailing it along with the audio guys and generally gunplay sandbox I just think the investment section of the game is pure aids.
  • Had a blast in the Pit of Heresy dungeon with Skade and Scant tonight, got Xenophage while we were at it as well. Very cool stuff, and I regret it's taken this long to do it.
  • Nice. Pit of Heresy is good fun. Really like D2s dungeons - think they’re a fantastic idea and wish there were more of them.
  • They really are great. I've ran Shattered Throne umpteen times but never Put of Heresy for whatever reason. I'm looking forward to the new one as well, a lil bit more power grinding and I'll be ready.
  • Good pew pew pewing, and hide and seek with wizards.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Xenophage is such an idiotproof weapon, I care for it a lot.

Needs a gold skin though (and a catalyst). All my weapons must be gold.
  • Woah. Highest settings with no framerate cap and the G5 isn't breaking a sweat. Oh my.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Buttery smooth!
  • I'm really enjoying this season's exotics, Witherhoard and Ruinous Effigy. Weapons with crazy utility that nail that exotic feel. 

And I'm very happy the Ikelos sniper is back, got a triple tap/high impact reserves roll that should see me good for a while. When I'm not running Gnawing Hunger, Witherhoard, and Falling Guillotine, obvs.
  • Oh, and after around 7000 hours of play this season and some truly appalling luck with powerful engrams I've finally hit cap with my Warlock! Now to do the other two. Yay.
  • Framerate really makes a difference. Didn't realise how much. Was doing a precision bounty on dreaming city.

Headshots ahoy, easy. Put on the fps counter. When shit went Cray Cray frame rate dropped to 90fps. Oh yeah.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Honestly I'm freaking out just getting 60fps with highest settings on PC. Any more and I might actually explode with excitement.
  • Ruinous Effigy, while also probably infringing on some metal band's copyright, has some remarkably useful side-effects, like shield regen on kills with the guard AoE attack and neutralising boss stomp pushback. You can even get off a cheeky melee class ability attack for free after triggering the dunk move.

Meanwhile, the ability to farm Raid bosses meant I've actually managed to get Anarchy as of last night. Only missing Tarrabah and the Acrius to complete the exotic tools list now.
    It's worth farming Raids various for armour drops now too, since they've all had their power ceilings bumped to 1360 or whatever. Decent rolls will be good for a good while.

Might even hit the pinnacle cap this season, am on 1054. Times.
  • Congrats on getting Anarchy! That's one weapon I'd love to get my hands on, maybe enough to make me consider LFG'ing with these loot changes.

In other news, finally got Malfeasance! I was stalled at the final step for months as I just don't play Gambit, but with the Witherhoard catalyst requiring GL kills on Guardians I thought I'd do some invading and see how I got on. First game, 19 Guardian kills including 3 team wipes and the quest completed. Happy days! Oh, and I'm 56% on that Witherhoard step after just a few games. I might just do this.
  • I can lead people through raids now with reasonable confidence. Shame you're all on consoles.
  • I'm mostly on PC these days, switching to PS4 when needed. I'm playing with a friend, and we're currently messing around with the Whisper mission. Nearly there. Just need to stop falling off stuff.
  • I can do Whisper on PS4 or PC if you need help.
  • That'd be grand, cheers, Dante. Will have a word with Scant and see when he's up for it, I know he's itching to get back to Minecraft atm.
  • Ding'ed 1050, now time to play with mods etc.

Trinity ghoul build I'm currently running is nearly as much fun as the always invisibly rat king. Pve only though so I miss out on the salty messages.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Good stuff. More dungeoneering soon then?
  • Absolutely, if you fancy trying the new one, or the moon for pinnacle drops give me a shout.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Kinda falling behind again. Too much stuff to grind and not enough hours in the day. I've made peace with it though. One thing at a time... one thing, at a time.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I'd be up for some PC PvE shenanigans, but i don't have the expansions. Is that gonna be a huge problem, if so i can buy them again? 

Also, i migrated my PS4 characters over and i'm 909 Light, so waaaayyy behind. Shall i just knock it on the head til September?
  • You'll need the expansions for the first two dungeons and the last few raids, the new dungeon is FtP but high light. But yeah, if you've seen all the older stuff that's getting removed it might be worth waiting 'til Sept, and the older expansions will probably be on sale sometime around Beyond Light's launch.

Depends on how much you're itching to get back into it really.
  • In other news, finally got all three characters to 1050 sans artifact! No fucking way am I grinding for the pinnacle cap. 

7KSSzhW.png
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Completed my tribute hall busy work so that content can get tae now. I don't think I'll be buying this season so It'll be raid-festing till I get Tarrabah and those prestige leviathan catalysts.
  • 1050?! I’m around 250 or something... probably shouldn’t even bother ever trying to get back into this?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Completed my tribute hall busy work so that content can get tae now. I don't think I'll be buying this season so It'll be raid-festing till I get Tarrabah and those prestige leviathan catalysts.

Honestly, I think I'm enjoying this season more than any other. It feels more like an actual living, evolving world than it ever has, and the exotics, armour, weapons, and weekly missions are just great. 

After the desolate snoozefest of last season, I'm properly hooked again.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    1050?! I’m around 250 or something... probably shouldn’t even bother ever trying to get back into this?

If you've got the time you could play through the campaigns. The game throws power levels at you 'til you hit soft cap, but from there it's as grindy as ever. The end-game stuff can wait if you want, the Forsaken and Shadowkeep content isn't going anywhere, though the current seasonal storyline needs to be experienced as it happens. But hell, you could catch up on that via YouTube. 

I s'pose what I'm saying is, if you're missing the world and the absolutely phenomenal gunplay and wanna get back into it, then do it. You can keep it casual 'til the Sept expansion if you just wanna see everything that's going away. I'd absolutely recommend the Menagerie once you're levelled for it, it's a 6 player matchmade activity with raid-lite mechanics and really needs to be experienced before they remove it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!