Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • That's encouraging, although it might be that you're just a really good player, or I might just also be a really bad player, or both...  in which case *sigh*

Sure it’s just a level thing. Destiny “difficultly” is about numbers being high or low 99% of the time, outside of endgame content such as raids (and even then, numbers go a long way).

Absolutely any activity - lost sectors, dossing around in the world doing patrols, strikes etc. will give you weapons and armour that boost you until you hit 1200, right now. Worry not.

Always happy to help too, schedule and time difference permitting.
  • That's encouraging, although it might be that you're just a really good player, or I might just also be a really bad player, or both...  in which case *sigh*

I like doing all the things solo for a bit of a challenge.
    If your ever a bit stuck me and a clan of folks are here to help you if wanted.

Even if I'm on another game etc just drop me a message on PSN and il join ya and give you a help or a bit of guidance.

Always happy to help.
  • Thanks guys, appreciate the help. Unfortunately my schedule is usually ‘I might be able to squeeze 20 minutes here’ and usually find I can only squeeze in 5...

nudge nudge wink wink
  • Started playing on PC again this week after a couple of months off. The art direction, music, and gunplay were like a warm hug. Power levelling and the seasonal activity were like a kick in the balls.

I started on the Hawkmoon quest and I'm enjoying it so far, just got a couple of steps to go. Doesn't look like I'll get to play the Harbringer mission for a while as my power is just too low, but I've got my fingers crossed that with the re-introduction of Umbral Engrams next season we'll have a few more powerful drops outside of the regular sources (is it me or have Prime Engram drop rates been nerfed into the ground?), and power levelling won't be quite as mind numbing.
  • Regarding some of the recent news, the reintroduction of select power-cap enabled weapons to Forsaken and Shadowkeep content is a decent move to keep those paid expansions kinda relevant, but why content for paid expansions was sunset at all is beyond me, and having to re-grind for weapons I've already earned (yeah so they'll have a couple of extra perks, whatevz) always sucks. Feels like Bungie are doing their "one step forward, two steps back" dance far too often these days. Oh to have D2Y2 back... 

Oh and you guys gotta read the new TwaB for the sandbox changes. I'm expecting scenes.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Okay, honestly for me personally, it's gonna take some HUGE shifts in design philosophy to get me back into Destiny in it's current state. I came back for Beyond Light and Season of the Hunt and I gotta say, after 5-6 weeks of logging on, hoovering up bounties and throwing weapon after weapon into the vault I just said to myself; enough. I was bored stiff.

I really think the seasonal power grind needs to go. It's just fucking atrocious. We're actually just repeating the same journey every season with now real character progression. Just constantly hit the with the reset button.

Kinda of fed up with it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I seem to have wound up bumping off this too.

I could almost certainly be convinced to jump on to team up if others are playing, but other than that, I’ve not logged in in a few weeks now.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I did the Shadowkeep then left it there. I can grind for an exotic I think. Couldn't even work out how to start Forsaken, but to be honest the will to find out just wasn't there
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    I really think the seasonal power grind needs to go. It's just fucking atrocious. We're actually just repeating the same journey every season with now real character progression. Just constantly hit the with the reset button. Kinda of fed up with it.

I'm with you 100%, but it's so baked in to the game's systems at this point that I can't see it ever going away.

Reducing the power grind is all I can hope for, but not holding my breath. Adding more sources for powerful drops (S13 Umbrals might be the answer here?) and giving powerful engrams a greater increase would help, as would reducing infusion costs so I can actually play new content with weapons and armour I enjoy using rather than a bunch of blue shit. 

When I can play the game and ignore the power grind I enjoy it, but that forced reset every three months is just miserable.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I seem to have wound up bumping off this too. I could almost certainly be convinced to jump on to team up if others are playing, but other than that, I’ve not logged in in a few weeks now.

I'm hoping for crossplay in S14, but that's still over 3 months away. I'll most certainly still be playing and will definitely be up for some team play. Except for Crucible. If I wanna play PvP I'll play a game that understands how to design and implement it.

I did the Shadowkeep then left it there. I can grind for an exotic I think. Couldn't even work out how to start Forsaken, but to be honest the will to find out just wasn't there
    Forsaken's pretty great, would be happy to jump on and play though the campaign and Dreaming City content when crossplay arrives, if you've not been put off for good that is.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I really think the seasonal power grind needs to go. It's just fucking atrocious. We're actually just repeating the same journey every season with now real character progression. Just constantly hit the with the reset button. Kinda of fed up with it.
    I'm with you 100%, but it's so baked in to the game's systems at this point that I can't see it ever going away. Reducing the power grind is all I can hope for, but not holding my breath. Adding more sources for powerful drops (S13 Umbrals might be the answer here?) and giving powerful engrams a greater increase would help, as would reducing infusion costs so I can actually play new content with weapons and armour I enjoy using rather than a bunch of blue shit.  When I can play the game and ignore the power grind I enjoy it, but that forced reset every three months is just miserable.

It's too prevalent in my mind. The grind reset has sucked my will to play the game dry. I wouldn't mind as much if the grind actually resulted in something but it doesn't. It's just an arbitrary number... rising with each season and falling with the next. The entire gun economy as well is just blown to shit. I mean, whats the actual fucking point in all the guns? The perks are as 'bout as interesting and engaging as a kick to the bollocks.

I can bet you this, Bungie sure are fucking sorry they ever considered marrying PvP with the PvE game - have all but abandoned PvP now as well (Trials is a joke now...) and I can just see the sandbox teams going "man, we could be doing such cool stuff if we didn't have PvP to consider". Meh, I'd say you're right though. Ain't no steering this ship now, it's course is set. So we either get on board with it or disembark and to be honest, I'd say my time has really come to an end with this franchise.

It breaks my heart because there was so much potential there. Don't get me wrong, for some people the game is just the way they want it. For me though, that tease of exploration and wonder we got for the first few months of Destiny 1 evaporated into a checklist simulator of bounties and activities.

They never really recovered from abandoning Destiny 1 and moving onto a sequel (an inescapable action at the time I know due to their agreement with Activision) and I am sure the vast majority of people at Bungie lament the day it came to that. To think of the way things could have been if we had just hunkered down and built upon Destiny 1, which was at the time of it's transition to Destiny 2 in an outstanding position.

:(
  • Haak joining the 'D2 is shit' club

There are dozens of us
  • It's definitely shit in a number of categories but I'm basically bound to keep playing it 'til they stop making it. This is what quarantine does to a person.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Well I don't want to declare outright that it's shit. It's just criminal that they have squandered such a ripe opportunities. Several times now.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The grind loop is shit. 

The shoot loop is endorphins.
  • It's the best playing FPS game ever made but that template is seven years old now. Bungie never do enough with the core mechanics, mission and enemy design to make it even remotely interesting these days. The infantile story just exacerbates the pointlessness of the whole experience.
  • So thought id get back into this. Put disc in (thanks bor1s) and it a 60gb 10hour update for version 2.09. Sigh.

Its one of those nights, put Prey back in PS4 to play the Mooncrash dlc and i forgot i hadnt downloaded it yet. Thats a 14gb download. Modern gaming for you.
  • I just want a fucking story.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Had to Google this incognito but I think it was worth it.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10713499/1/Troubles-of-an-Exo
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I hadn’t read this before posting and now I feel bad.
  • I dont know how you can look at yourself in the mirror
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I didn’t think fan fiction went that far. But you got what you asked for.
  • I should rephrase. I want a good story, some exploration.
  • The first game had almost infinite potential for some amazing exploration with hard to reach, tucked away secrets. The Dreadnought seemed like the beginning of that and the natural future for the game. Bungie never capitalised on it sadly. After The Taken King the game became a shallow experience with some sumptuous looking areas that you speed through on a sparrow and shoot a few things here and there. It's never really changed. Raids are still the only way to get close to the true experience that Bungie were going for, and they're pretty much inaccessible for a large part of the player base.
  • Noob question why are raids inaccessible for a largr part of the player base?
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Noob question why are raids inaccessible for a largr part of the player base?

You have to have 6 people to do it, be at pretty much max power, and have a good few hours to spare
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Cheers, so its a time x 6 people x max power = successful raid. Take you guys have done all the raids on D2 so far?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Not me, not done a lot at all. If you are up for it Digi is usually around to help out with raids etc. I drop in and out of Destiny too much to be reliable.
  • For something a bit more accessible there are trio of three-player Dungeons that take less time to complete than Raids and are absolutely stunning pieces of content. You'll need Forsaken and Shadowkeep to access two of them though iirc. 

I'm still mourning the loss of The Whisper and Zero Hour, legit some of the best content we've ever had in the game.
  • Got Hawkmoon last night and damn, that Paracausal Shot mini-game is addictive as all hell. The gun feels fantastic to use as well, and those sound effects!

Destiny guns are just the best - the way they look, the way they sound, the way they feel to use. Nothing will convince me otherwise.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!