Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Horses for courses, innit. Real world shooters hold about as much interest for me as space ones do for you.

Real world ones don't hold much sway either over here.

FPS games are wank, really.
    Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, I romance a mam like oedipus
  • images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPPqrV4_hBXU5mi6eHeFNQt9vhnyRaNZTzErFPwHuaDuQ55j950w
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I noticed there was no jumping in the bits of footage
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    No jumping would be an excellent addition, but they may have just left it out as it looks daft.
  • Hype level: high.
    Skepticism level: high.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message

I hope you get to travel to the Halo ring.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Sorry, I mean 'Traveller'
  • So, I'm guessing persistent server-side world, end of gen release, next year, updated release on next gen console with better graphics, but essentially the same.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Possibly, although with a ten-year plan in place for this, there's a possibility Bungie have something else up their sleeves. Perhaps expansion pack type things a la WoW?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm not writing this off at all, but there was nothing there that sang out to me about what has taken (from what the IGN guys were saying) nearly a decade to make. It's a persistent online world. WoW has been doing that for 8 years. It's an online FPS, possibly MMO - MAG has done that on PS3, PC has been doing it for a while. It has mobile phone features, ME3 did that. For a mega-reveal, it hasn't really done an awful lot. Unforgivably, a lot of what was shown was mildly-animated concept art. Really? This far down the line? I hope they've got one helluva fiction planned, because I need something to be sold.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    But, but, but, this is Bungie. Most (not all) of what was found in Halo had been done in one form or another, Bungie put these disparate bits together, added some more of their own and created something greater than the sum of its parts.

Believe. Or don't, it's up to you. I know what I'm doing.
  • Pretty sure WoW raids are pre-built. If what they said is true, the Destiny works out its own unique instances, which it correct, 'ten years' to make it would sound right.

In reality, they've had the idea for ten years, and had a tiny amount of people working on it until post-Reach, so really it's only taken as long as a normal game, I'm willing to bet.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Knowing Bungie, the first five years were spent creating a ridiculously detailed back story, one which hopefully we won't be forced to endure this time if we don't want to.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    But, but, but, this is Bungie. Most (not all) of what was found in Halo had been done in one form or another, Bungie put these disparate bits together, added some more of their own and created something greater than the sum of its parts.
    Believe. Or don't, it's up to you. I know what I'm doing.

Man, time was post Borderlands I woulda said But GEARBOX. A company isn't infallible. There's probably lots of neat stuf in there, but their reveal didn't show it and said a whole load of nothing rather than a cohesive "this is our cool idea".
  • Wow, aren't we a bunch of jaded old bastards... ;)

Seriously though, I'm sold. The ideas may have been done separately by other games but putting them all into one game like this? Not been done.
    I'm intrigued by a single player narrative that has ties to a persistent online world.

Either way, what I've seen has ignited something in me that very few games have done in a long time.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    But that's kind of my point- what have we seen? About 15 seconds of slow man walking in FPS. That was it for gameplay footage
  • I honestly don't mind. I expected to get very little as they'll want to keep something for a big E3 showing.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Then what's the point f even doing it now?
  • Let the Halo guys have their hype, you get your unbridled Ninty stuff, you party pooper.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Well I'm totally stoked now.

Yoss, humanity needs saving again and I'm enlisting with ya!
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Just once i'd like an amazing big budget game to be released out of nowhere with 0 hype machine.
  • The end of your request is made void by the beginning. Big budget is impossible without exposure.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Let the Halo guys have their hype, you get your unbridled Ninty stuff, you party pooper.

Aye fuck the amount of stick I get for my Ninty love you think I'm not going to do it to others
  • Jesus, some of you haven't done many bungie vidocs (I'm looking at you reg). That's pretty typical for first reveal. Mostly concept art, a couple of bits where not much is happening so as not to reveal to much actual play too early, and a mention of The Queen, which appears to be the fancy name for the mobile app.

Big space opera is fine and dandy by me. Not too far away from a Halo feel is fine by me. (Seems to be a bit of a cross between star wars and halo, tbh, with some of the robot design. Looks like there's different enemies on each of the 5 worlds, which is cool.)

This could all fall on it's arse, and it's gonna be very dependent on some good netcode and such, but kudos to them for having a crack, they're probably big enough to make the attempt.

Fingers crossed. The slowmo running did look very very nice, tbf.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    The end of your request is made void by the beginning. Big budget is impossible without exposure.

IT WAS ALWAYS GOING TO BE A FANTASY TEMPY.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    Jesus, some of you haven't done many bungie vidocs (I'm looking at you reg). That's pretty typical for first reveal. Mostly concept art, a couple of bits where not much is happening so as not to reveal to much actual play too early, and a mention of The Queen, which appears to be the fancy name for the mobile app.

Big space opera is fine and dandy by me. Not too far away from a Halo feel is fine by me. (Seems to be a bit of a cross between star wars and halo, tbh, with some of the robot design. Looks like there's different enemies on each of the 5 worlds, which is cool.)

This could all fall on it's arse, and it's gonna be very dependent on some good netcode and such, but kudos to them for having a crack, they're probably big enough to make the attempt.

Fingers crossed. The slowmo running did look very very nice, tbf.

Nope, I haven't. But if they're looking to get someone like me, a non Halo fan in, they have to give me more than that
  • TO be fair, are the majority of non-Halo fans going to that on the button on this project right now?
  • Nope. They'll be getting you with the TV ads and marketing budget out the wazoo closer to release reg.

Surely.
    I'm still great and you still love it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!