Dragon Fang Z: The Rose and Dungeon of Time
  • I picked this up when it released on Switch over the festive period thinking that it would offer some roguelike fun.

Was totally unprepared for the whole Shirenesque experience and have been blown away with around 20 hours gameplay so far.  When you die you do die, but if you bag a warehouse box during the dungeon runs you can stash treasure in your warehouse and very slowly build up the power of weapons stored there.

I'm currently trying to max out a weapon and shield - which will take ages, coupled with some copy scrolls I can then dupe an item before going on a serious run.  Looks like there's a boss every 10 floors where a mass battle ensues and you need to use your items wisely if you're to survive.

There are some interesting mechanics where you can equip monsters abilities if they drop certain items and I've heard rumours about using the xp system to your advantage by killing overpowered monsters with certain items that can be found.

I loved Shiren the Wanderer and this is very similar.  Worth a look if you're into such mystery dungeon titles.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Yeah, watched a few videos, it looks right up my street.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I like the name.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I thought this was the DBZ thread.
  • Cracking run to tonight down to floor 18 which equals my best. Took just over an hour and got a couple of weapon upgrades.

I'm exhausted.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    The trailer on the Switch eShop had me thinking "if I take to this, it'll eat my life". But it's a bit too pricey for "fuck it, why not?" purchasing, and I've got enough on my Pile of Shame as it is.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    This prompted me to boot up the Vita for the first time in months and finish Shiren.

I'd forgotten what a lovely piece of kit it is.
  • I've been trying to find a guide but have failed so far.

I think my strategy is relatively sound but I feel I'm missing something...

Got my shield to +19, kind of hoping it maxes out at +20 and I can then copy it.  I might actually be too scared go on a run.

See, if I cave on PSP Shiren I reckon it would be the decent thing for one of you to join me on this lol
  • Too busy playing Darkest Dungeon on my Switch to contemplate such Japanese RPG 'cuteness'.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!