Planetside 2
  • Show networks
    PSN
    Prankster
    Steam
    Prankster

Send message
    I used to live in Auraxis when the first game was released, but havent really taken that much intrest in the follow up. This alpha footage has really made sit up and take note though :

http://www.youtube.com/embed/x6HgC6Exs0U
  • Only just seen this thread. I'm looking forward to playing this and just applied for the beta. You get a guaranteed beta code in this month's PC Gamer.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • Cheers for the PC Gamer heads up, will definitely pick up a copy.

Really looking forward to this.  The original Planetside is one of my favourite shooters and this update is looking epic already.  There has been some really good footage coming out of E3 for this, I found this one to be enjoyable viewing.

• I know Prankster is a twat and everything but more people need to be hyped about this game...

• Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I don't mind Total Biscuit as much as some people but it's gotten to the stage now where I wish he'd communicate in sign.

Also game looks good. Was the first Planetside a legend of a game then? Never played it.
  • Show networks
    PSN
    Prankster
    Steam
    Prankster

Send message
    Nexx wrote:
    I know Prankster is a twat and everything but more people need to be hyped about this game...

Don't think we have ever met dude...

PS is one of them quirky legends, rough around the edges, but has so much depth it hurts. Still very much playable, even though its down to one US based server.

Tech test for PS2 is well under way, with more invites to it early this morning, shouldnt be long before beta now.
  • Looks immense, but I doubt my laptop will run it.

Specs?
  • Show networks
    PSN
    Prankster
    Steam
    Prankster

Send message
    From what i have heard... , The game is very scale able , looks great on new rigs, runs ok on low specs with details turned down.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Prankster wrote:
    Nexx wrote:
    I know Prankster is a twat and everything but more people need to be hyped about this game...
    Don't think we have ever met dude...

He's (understandably) confused you with a user we have/had called Prankster101, who is indeed a prize twat.
  • Christ. I thought it was him and was resisiting the urge to start winding him up.
  • Woops, sorry Prankster.
  • That was almost extremely awkward.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Show networks
    PSN
    Prankster
    Steam
    Prankster

Send message
    Nexx wrote:
    Woops, sorry Prankster.
    No worries dude, thought there must be some crossed wires :)
  • I suggest you add a profile pic and fill in the network stuff as well mate.

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Keeping an eye on this one. Although the use of the word "epic" to describe anything, particularly games, always makes me cringe.
  • Planetside is probably one of the few multiplayer games where the term epic is justified though.

Read earlier that the beta should be starting next week so fingers crossed that I'll get into one of the early invite waves.
  • Nvidia are giving away Planetside 2 beta codes here.  They're meant to just work between the 17th and 19th but some people are reporting that they work now.
  • Spent a load of time playing this yesterday. I even managed to get pretty good at flying (most awkward controls ever but it feels like it's supposed to be like that). Some really nice touches too, like the ability to change your location via drop pod when you wanna get somewhere fast.
    Nexx wrote:
    Planetside is probably one of the few multiplayer games where the term epic is justified though.
    Yeah, not a fan of the word myself but for this it fits. Feels like a proper war is happening all around you (and I guess effectively, that is what's happening).

Thanks again metagonzo for the beta key, I can't believe i've not payed any attention to this until now. Would love to have a go with a squad of us on all at once.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!