Once More Into The Breach Poor Yorick Out Now on Switch and RISC OS
  • Unlocked Blitzkrieg and started experimenting with making my own MechSqwad.

So much variation.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I fucking hate this rancid forum.

You get me hooked on Dead Cells, can't go a day without having at least one run. Now you're all on this and making me want to spend 11 pounds on top of the 20 I've already spent this month.

Well it's not on. Fucking dicks the lot of you.

*slams door on way out*
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Favourite time travellers so far?

Mafan is currently my boy.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Collin Prieto he’s not very good but he’s named Collin so what’s not to like.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Haven’t unlocked him yet. What’s his ability?
  • H. KWAN. Haven't tried anyone else.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Haven’t unlocked him yet. What’s his ability?

He hasn’t got one. Just a pleb I saved from a previous timeline. He does have +3 def once some XP in the bank. Won’t be using him for normal runs.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Thinking of gameplay more than just being silly I’d say Camila is pretty good. The ability to avoid webbing is a godsend for the combat mech. Yeah she’s probably my serious choice.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Has anyone tried taking on the final island before the completing the others? Game says it scales with difficulty so I'm not sure it wouldn't feel like cheating.

Three Island win is the ideal. Two and Four tend to be harder.

• b0r1s wrote:
    Thinking of gameplay more than just being silly I’d say Camila is pretty good. The ability to avoid webbing is a godsend for the combat mech. Yeah she’s probably my serious choice.
    That does sound good. Fucking webs.

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yay, first victory. Two islands on normal with the starting squad. Go me.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    First attempt at a Normal fun was a nightmare. Can't seem to cover the spawning bastards on any map, even thought I'm using Gana to get over their side pronto.

It's a completely different beast to Easy.
  • Fair play!

What was your score?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I wiped out on my first attempt at normal. Did half the first island. Think I need to continue to learn more tactics on easy. I’ve done the 2 and 4 island medals on easy. Just need to do the three and the dash 5 squares kill to get all easy achievements. I’m assuming doing all this naturally improves your skills for the big leagues. A bit like Mr Miyagi’s sandafloor :-)

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Fair play! What was your score?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I just had the most perfect map and was smashing it. Up to the final battle looked like this:

e2cpzDJ.png

Of course, the last battle dropped me in an impossible situation in round one and I barely scraped through.

I hate this game.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I think I've picked up some bad Easy mode habits by being too aggressive with Gana and putting him in a shitty position at the start of a round. Might switch to Silica for the double punch bonus. Or the one that let's you move after attacking.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    And several hours after I was supposed to be asleep, there goes my first 3 island victory on normal with a score of 14,784. I think I'm getting the hang of this.

Night all.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    A hint at a secret I’ve just read about, spoilered in case anyone wants to try and work it out for themselves:

Spoiler:
  • Finished it for the first time on easy (give me time ye bastards) and did pretty well, maxed my three pilots pretty nicely. Than came the horrible choice to send only one back. Man, that was heart breaking.
    SFV - reddave360
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Finished it for the first time on easy (give me time ye bastards) and did pretty well, maxed my three pilots pretty nicely. Than came the horrible choice to send only one back. Man, that was heart breaking.
    Likewise I am shit and just finished it on easy.
    Can see myself playing this game for years
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Well I took the advice of this thread on board.

Its like someone has combined a Bitmap Brothers aesthetic, Steamworld music, Advance Wars simplicity, X-Com brutality and Sliders into a bleak, hopeless wasteland.

Phenomenally high first impressions.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Vela wrote:
    Well I took the advice of this thread on board. Its like someone has combined a Bitmap Brothers aesthetic, Steamworld music, Advance Wars simplicity, X-Com brutality and Sliders into a bleak, hopeless wasteland. Phenomenally high first impressions.
    Good summary
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I think I have a new favourite pilot: Henry Kwan. Being able to move through enemy units is really useful, plus he’s a charmingly arrogant little prick, which appeals.
  • I unlocked all the islands on a run last night (easy mode, figured out you can buy more power after each boss).

The one question I have is the upgrades. I understand how to buy them, but how do you activate them? I see you have little yellow power ovals, but are they something you can earn or are you only ever provided with a finite number?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Think of it as power distribution. You have your orbs which upgrade your overall power. You then decide what you want to upgrade out of health, move, weapons etc. Each dot you fill up removes it from your power bar on the left. It’s the same as your choices in FTL. And it’s not set. You can change between battles your load out.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    I think I have a new favourite pilot: Henry Kwan. Being able to move through enemy units is really useful, plus he’s a charmingly arrogant little prick, which appeals.

That sounds bloody useful. Hate being blocked in and one of your other mechs is webbed or in trouble.

• Ahh so it's basically a set of orbs you can juggle around between battles if one weapon or passive ability is proving particularly useful.

Cheers Boris.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yep and as you get new weapons you’ll probably swap stuff out and redistribute the orbs. What I’d love, but doesn’t happen is being able to take tanked up mech through time but understand why they don’t do that.

• The orbs stick with whoever you put them into though right? So if you chuck 4 into a mech, you can't take them away for another mech.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!