Dead Cells
  • Oh I love the sandals.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    How the hell do I enable the one I got then?

It’s floating in the pipe at the spawn point, you interact with it there
  • I can hear the splintering of your teeth as you grind them in frustration.
  • Not really, I just want you to be able to activate it
  • I was moran.  Hadn't noticed the left and right arrows.
    Spoiler:
  • I had the same issue when I first unlocked them too so don't feel bad. 

It's not obvious in anyway.

See they've added 2 new ares and 2 new bosses in the latest beta patch. One of the new areas and boss is locked behind the new 5 boss cell mode so it's doubtful I'll ever see it as I can't even do 4 cell mode.
  • I doubt I'll ever earn the second cell, let alone a third or fourth.  I'm chuffed I finally got one, although I wish I'd screen-shotted my build because I was an absolute beast by the end.  The last boss took seconds.
  • I started this last night and it’s fucking ace.  This has surprised me as 1. I think I’m shit at games, 2 I do not usually like random levels and c I beat the first boss after only 4 blasts.

These?  Tungsten tipped screws.  Actually, they’re very good for making a point.
  • I thought I had above average 2D skills but it took me multiple attempts to beat the first boss.
  • Got all the way to
    Spoiler:
    for the very first time this morning, got him down to about 10% health and then died. Bollocks.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I love what I can do with my head now.  Discovered last night that I can
    Spoiler:
  • Beat the HotK again last night. Forgot to take a screenshot again last night. Sigh. Still, out of three encounters that's 2-1 to me. Quite happy with that.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    I've put about 3 hours into this now but struggling to make progress. I recently made it to The Concierge for the first and only time but didn't have a partifuclarly useful loadout so died when he was down to about 10% health. I can get through the first two areas ok now, bar the odd stupid death, but otherwise on the cusp of tapping out.

I want to give it one last push so any tips for weapon combos, what to buy/upgrade first and general combat would be much appreciated.

And just in case Muzzy is lurking in this thread, please don't give me the double g's.
  • I haven't played it for much longer myself, but a couple of things that helped me settle in:

Take it slowly rather than pushing for the timed gates. 
    Always always ground pound from a height.
    Traps and shoulder button weapons can be incredibly useful - once I started to embrace the traps and turrets I found myself progressing much more quickly.  Let them do a lot of the work for you, there's no shame in hanging back while they clear a room, especially in the clock tower.
    Upgrade the health potion top up first. 
    Focus on the red upgrade until the health boost is negligible, then pick from the other two. 

This is noob level advice, but as you're only 3hrs in it might be helpful.
  • Ground pound.
    Fast melee weapon and some sort of ice projectile.
    Upgrade your starting coins once you’ve got yourself a couple of health upgrades.

Full disclosure - I haven’t actually beaten the last boss yet.
  • Only ground-pound if you can see the ground you're about to ground-pound. 
    Spoiler:
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Cheers, guys. Solid advice all round. I haven't used any ice projectiles at all so will definitely give that a shot.

Popped that cheevo a while back though. Sneaky.
  • Yeah, ice em up real good and shoot in for the kill. Trap when needed. You got this.
  • I'm starting to attempt one boss cell runs now. Twice been defeated at the toxic sewers. This will take a while...
  • Opened my first boss cell door today, only to find
    Spoiler:
  • That’s normal
  • Ok, except I just found another one and it wasn't as described above. Maybe the odds are different behind the doors.
  • Bah, I misread your post. Monsters have a chance of being in any chest IIRC. I was responding to the idea the haul was meagre, as I never found anything interesting behind a one cell door.
  • What is it with crossbows? Am I missing something? The just seem really crap compared to bows. Love bows me - sometimes I use the infantry bow instead of a sword if I'm stuck with a duff melee weapon and an ice bow as my second weapon.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Repeater Crossbow is God tier
  • What is it with crossbows? Am I missing something? The just seem really crap compared to bows. Love bows me - sometimes I use the infantry bow instead of a sword if I'm stuck with a duff melee weapon and an ice bow as my second weapon.

They usually have a slight pause on fire. Think of most of them like a shotty. (the repeaters are nuts though, yes.)

Depends what perks and stats you're working on though.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Yeah, the repeater is ace.
  • Inspired by Unlikely's exploits (I don't want to be the only loser not to have competed this!) and the new update I'm back into this. It feels different - a bit easier maybe? I got past the Time Keeper for the first time in ages and onto the Hand for the first time ever. Picked up a few new blueprints too.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Good stuff, Grem.  Unfortunately, I've come to realise that making it to the credits for the first time is not much more than the equivalent of completing a tutorial.  Just wait until you see what you can do
    Spoiler:

Made it to the Concierge on one cell mode for the first time on my last run.  Could have beaten him if I'd been a bit more patient.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!