adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I guess it's a shame that Fortnite comprehensively leaked as it would have been a nice little announcement otherwise.

Also, the Splatoon Octo news would have worked well in the Direct instead of being kept for the tourney.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Found that mad. Why not reveal their massive dlc for the year during presser. It even got screen time
  • Are we on to Nintendo being doomed again?
    Bloody hell.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Found that mad. Why not reveal their massive dlc for the year during presser. It even got screen time

Didn't they announce it (and show it) at a previous presentation?
  • I guess BotW and Metroid raised people’s expectations of their E3 presence, which has been rather minimal for a long time? They announce stuff in directs and at other shows throughout the year and they’ve said themselves they don’t see E3 as the be all and end all. The idea that they just need to chuck money at their devs to make games doesn’t wash either, cos their development method is clear: tinkering until something playful feels like it could be worked into a full game/figure out something ridiculous that you can wrap up in legitimacy for big dollars (delete as applicable) which takes time not money. I’m far more into “here’s a small slice of games with fixed/close estimate release dates” that you can play in the next 6 months than I am of seeing Crackdown 3 for the second e3 in a row with no hint of release. It’s not as exciting, but I know I’ll be able to buy Smash and Fire Emblem within a year; which is good.
  • I think wanting a bit more of a roadmap from Nintendo is valid. As I said, I'm just about leaning towards getting a Switch now, given how much it costs, as I can see 5 or 6 games that I really want to play and can't play on the PS4.

There is a lot of stuff on the store, of course, but most of it is never going to hit the top of the queue when I'm looking for something to buy. Only if it turned up on a PS+ or similar type subscription. And then there are quite a few of the 'big' games that I'm just not interested in, especially multiplayer-centred stuff.
    Edit: So when they're doing this 1 game a month thing, it only takes a few in a row that don't appeal to make it all seem overly sparse - indies aren't going to cover such big gaps.

So, with all that, I could be persuaded quite a lot more if I knew of a few other big games coming in the next year or so. Some idea of how far away Metroid is, for example, or what it might look like. It's more important with Nintendo than with the PS4 IMO because you know that most games will be out on that anyway.
    Edit: In effect, Nintendo being coy makes them look like they don't have much going on at all.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    If anyone is still interested, Crackdown 3 is now Feb 2019.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • The problem with wanting to know when something like Metroid is out is that the devs probably have no idea either.
  • That's what I was thinking. For something that high profile, I'd assume that Nintendo have told them to take as long as it takes and let them know when they've got an idea of a completion date.
  • Metroid Switch reminds me of the Skyward Sword situation somewhat.  If I recall correctly, a second Wii Zelda game was announced a long time before we saw it in the form of SS.  I seem to remember being surprised that they'd used the existing 3D Zelda template for the foundation of the game when they finally gave us a good look (albeit with motion plus controls as the hookshot) as I'd been led to believe/was foolishly anticipating a full reboot of sorts.  I think it's odd that they didn't show Prime 4 in some form, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's only recently taken a particular form, otherwise - even with their reluctance to go all-in on the E3 experience - they probably would've put it in to head the crushing disappointment off at the pass.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Are we on to Nintendo being doomed again?
    Bloody hell.

Us Nintards have put up with this in the Switch thread from normies for months.

TIME FOR PAYBACK.
  • If anyone is still interested, Crackdown 3 is now Feb 2019.
    That's good to hear, I missed it at the MS conference.

JonB wrote:
    So when they're doing this 1 game a month thing, it only takes a few in a row that don't appeal to make it all seem overly sparse - indies aren't going to cover such big gaps.

I understand this, but I feel like if you've got a PC or mainline console you're always going to feel like this about every Nintendo console, but it's also why I like them. There are an absolute never ending deluge of titles on other consoles/PC in terms of big releases and indies. It's nice to know that there are two locked in games from Nintendo that I'll be interested in picking up, rather than listlessly trawling the PSN or Steam store, not ever quite wanting to take a punt on a game because it might not be all that. It's possible it's too far the other way, but the excessive choice isn't always good. I spend more time recommending titles to other people than I do buying them myself.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    What happened to the mooted rocksteady game? WHERE IS MY SUPERMAN
  • If I was championing a mooted Rocksteady rumour the game would star him and Bebop.  Happy for them to give it a good go, but a modern Superman game would be extremely tricky to get right.
  • e3 turned out as i expected, a tredding water event where MS and Sony held back for next summer new hardware announcements.

As plenty of folk have said, Nintendo never been big on e3 and do things their own way. However i would have loved to see an F-Zero announcement. Moreover i wish one of the big three would buy konami back catalogue of IP that they are no longer developing. Silent Hill, Castlevaniva, MGS, Contra, Mystical Ninja etc
  • I am glad no one announced new hardware. Fuck that this year.
  • Tempy wrote:
    The problem with wanting to know when something like Metroid is out is that the devs probably have no idea either.
    Well some other stuff that they have a rough idea about then. That was just an example.
    Tempy wrote:
    I understand this, but I feel like if you've got a PC or mainline console you're always going to feel like this about every Nintendo console, but it's also why I like them. There are an absolute never ending deluge of titles on other consoles/PC in terms of big releases and indies. It's nice to know that there are two locked in games from Nintendo that I'll be interested in picking up, rather than listlessly trawling the PSN or Steam store, not ever quite wanting to take a punt on a game because it might not be all that. It's possible it's too far the other way, but the excessive choice isn't always good. I spend more time recommending titles to other people than I do buying them myself.
    I don't have experience of excessive choice personally. Usually have a wishlist of 5-10 games on PSN and grab something from that either when it goes cheap or I run out of other stuff.

Anyway, maybe I'm just not interested in enough games full stop, so I need a fuck load to be available before it seems worth putting £300 together for the hardware.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Um, I'm sorry, no new hardware?!? This is a slur against the very new Pokeball Plus, you fucks.
  • This feels a bit like the 1313/Watch Dogs cross-gen E3 where people were cagey and a lot of stuff isn't CONFIRMED for some games.
  • I think i’ve shifted the way I play games substantially in recent years anyway, thanks to mental health and lack of wealth. I tend not to wish list, I just get the compulsion to play something and it either sticks or it doesn’t. Yak0 didn’t, but PoE did. The former is breezier than the latter, and I couldn’t tell you what makes something stick.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Nintendo stock has dipped 7% after their E3 presentation.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Nintendo are finished.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Winkeysmileyface.
  • I think people forget or don't quite realise that Smash is a really good seller, it is bloody popular.

It sold nearly 13mil copies on wii.
    It's worst outing has been on the WiiU selling only 5mil copies, but MK8 on WiiU only sold around 7.5mil.

Metroid Prime has done around 3mil for the first one, followed by 1.3mil and 1.8mil for the sequels.
    Trilogy did 0.6mil.

It is clear to see people are more interested in seeing Smash than they are in Metroid or many other Nintendo properties.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I think i’ve shifted the way I play games substantially in recent years anyway, thanks to mental health and lack of wealth. I tend not to wish list, I just get the compulsion to play something and it either sticks or it doesn’t. Yak0 didn’t, but PoE did. The former is breezier than the latter, and I couldn’t tell you what makes something stick.

Yeah I've given up on feeling guilty for not playing something, or being ashamed at the pile. Better to buy stuff if you actually want to play it Right Just Now even if it's not on sale, probably saves money overall. Most massive open worldy type games only see a small bit of play from me these days, but that's ok really.
  • There’s a few more in depth articles appearing now and it seems that Cyberpunk is being developed as a cross gen title and perhaps even straight next gen. EG also seem to think the same for a couple of the Sony exclusives too.
  • I somehow missed that the PC E3 conference had an RPG from the guys behind Depth where you play a bloody shark?

• Yeah most of the big ones will be cross-gen or next gen. Hopefully next year for new 7nm silicon in consoles, should be a huge leap in CPU speed. I worry that designing for the current will hold back the first wave a bit though given the rather huge disparity in available processing power.
  • Can't wait for next gen's improved AI!*

*better more expensive graphics

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!