PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    That is Andy though
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Isn't it
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Seems legit.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Nina wrote:
    You got the 5 gears? Plus a lovely saddle (it's an official Brooks one right?), try to keep that in good shape and you can fit it on every other bike you'll ever own. Only need some proofide to keep nice. I don't know the brand of the bike but they have used some good parts for it. Proper tires as well.
    Good to see you’re not letting your nation down with the bike knowledge! Yup, it’s a Brooks saddle. Cheers for the tip on looking after it. I’ve had to replace a chain on a bike with a full guard before, not something I fancy repeating. And, yeah, the tyres are really good quality, puncture resistant things.

Skerret wrote:
    Isn't it
    Pretty much.
  • Sense of dignity intact!
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I've just bought a fucking Asteroids Deluxe cabinet - refurbed and cost inc. delivery from the US.....

Yikes.....I'm pissing myself in anticipation.

Wifey has amassed so many brownie points for indulging this man child fantasy I can't see her ever spending them.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Went down the shops this morning. Local game/merchandise place only had 20% off games, which isn't much when they're still all full price, but also buy one get one free on all mugs and t-shirts.

So... I now have a Castlevania t-shirt, a Zelda t-shirt and a Street Fighter mug, plus a Narcos mug for the wife. Not sure the t-shirts are a good idea, and it's a shame there was no Persona 5, or even 4, themed stuff, but I suppose they're quite nice.
  • davyK wrote:
    I've just bought a fucking Asteroids Deluxe cabinet - refurbed and cost inc. delivery from the US..... Yikes.....I'm pissing myself in anticipation. Wifey has amassed so many brownie points for indulging this man child fantasy I can't see her ever spending them.
    That's awesome. Pics please when it arrives.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Scout wrote:
    davyK wrote:
    I've just bought a fucking Asteroids Deluxe cabinet - refurbed and cost inc. delivery from the US..... Yikes.....I'm pissing myself in anticipation. Wifey has amassed so many brownie points for indulging this man child fantasy I can't see her ever spending them.
    That's awesome. Pics please when it arrives.

You can be sure of that.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Just got a nice telly - Sony XBR55X930E 55-Inch 4K HDR Ultra HD - managed to unpack it and lift it up onto my fireplace mantle all by myself, without any major f-ups. (Rubs sweat off brow) My 42" Panasonic is still mounted on the wall, not going to attempt getting that down on my lonesome.

Anyone want an old telly from Canada with many dead pixels, free ONO, shipping not included.
    Things can only get better.
  • DQNkU3xX4AEqD63.jpg

The toy shop next door to my flat is closing down today, they had this at more than 25% off. I ignored it this morning, but it’s eaten away at me all day. Needless to say, I folded like a cheap suit.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    mannaboy wrote:
    Just got a nice telly - Sony XBR55X930E 55-Inch 4K HDR Ultra HD - managed to unpack it and lift it up onto my fireplace mantle all by myself, without any major f-ups. (Rubs sweat off brow) My 42" Panasonic is still mounted on the wall, not going to attempt getting that down on my lonesome. Anyone want an old telly from Canada with many dead pixels, free ONO, shipping not included.

Rotate that old 42" Panasonic and play some TATE shmups on it.  :)
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    DQNkU3xX4AEqD63.jpg

The toy shop next door to my flat is closing down today, they had this at more than 25% off. I ignored it this morning, but it’s eaten away at me all day. Needless to say, I folded like a cheap suit.

Nice. Pics of progress plz.
  • I've got the gigantic Millennium Falcon for Xmas. 
    It's not legit tho, I can't afford that kind of dosh.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • pantyfire wrote:
    I've got the gigantic Millennium Falcon for Xmas.  It's not legit tho, I can't afford that kind of dosh.

I actually think it’d be pretty boring to build.  Lots of grey on grey.  Saying that I made the 11 year old build the Houses of Parliament and that’s hardly a riot of colour.
  • I watched my brother build Slave 1 the other Christmas, that was a great build. Lots of clever mechanics to get all the angles and proportions right.
  • I opened the box the other day. 
    7+ thousand grey pieces. 

Clicking through the huge manual it does look quite dull until you get to the outer hull which is near the end but the finished piece looks incredibly (in store).

The ninjago headquarters building looks like a good build and interesting finished piece.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Just picked up my Steam Link from the post office.
    The packaging is great, nice little unit as well.
  • A fidget cube.

I almost backed them on Kickstarter. I’ve thought about buying one a few times, but couldn’t find a UK seller, and shipping was prohibitively expensive. Knock-off cheaper versions were available, but I wanted an ‘original’. Then, I saw them available, through the authorised UK reseller, on Amazon.

Given the price, the quality is really a massive let-down. Although the cube feels solid and has a decent enough weight to it, the movement of the parts (the reason you buy it) makes it feel really cheap. Taking each part in turn: the five buttons feel fine, and I like that three audibly click while two silently ‘squidge’; the rotating wheel is fine, but rotates a little too easily; the rollerball is fine but the three combi-lock-style wheels rotate far too easily, there’s very little resistance, so rotating them is entirely unsatisfying; likewise, the rocker switch offer so little resistance, it’s not remotely satisfying to click back and fore; worst of all, the joystick is a travesty. It has too much give at the centre, and once again there is so little resistance, it’s not remotely satisfying to manoeuvre. I am so, so disappointed with this. It’s not the satisfying little gizmo you hoped for, and it’s certainly not worth anything like the asking price. A real shame.

I’ve just arranged to return it to Amazon. It’s a pity, but it’s no use for what you want it for.
  • Brooks wrote:
    A pen. Seems very weird to me now.

How did this work out?
  • I lost it.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    I opened the box the other day. 
    7+ thousand grey pieces. 

Clicking through the huge manual it does look quite dull until you get to the outer hull which is near the end but the finished piece looks incredibly (in store).

The ninjago headquarters building looks like a good build and interesting finished piece.

I got that for Christmas/my 40th combined. I'm part of the way through and it's lovely.
  • An old Uni mate designed the graphics for the printed tiles and mini figs on that.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    I opened the box the other day.  7+ thousand grey pieces.  Clicking through the huge manual it does look quite dull until you get to the outer hull which is near the end but the finished piece looks incredibly (in store). The ninjago headquarters building looks like a good build and interesting finished piece.

Not bought yet but I want the new diner/gym/recording studio.  Looks ace.
  • An old Uni mate designed the graphics for the printed tiles and mini figs on that.

They are brilliant. I love the movie posters.
  • Got a Victorinox Compact to carry about, it's mad the number of things (15) it fits into such a small package. Lovely bit of kit, just holding it makes me smile.

v2lrUST.jpg?2

Only trouble is, now I've been looking at Swiss Army Knives, I kinda want to get more. Amazon's selling an Explorer for £22, which is incredibly tempting...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!