Infinity War Spoilers thread
  • poprock wrote:
    Deadpool and X-Force are from the X-Men side of things, and the films produced by 20th Century Fox … ie. separate from these Marvel Studios movies. Never the twain shall meet, etc. Same for the Fantastic Four ones, so don’t expect to see Silver Surfer to turn up and sort out Thanos either.
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Don't Disney own both now though?

This was my thinking.
  • They’re not using any of the Fox properties until after the fourth Avengers, Guardians 3, etc are all done and dusted. They’ve all been planned (and even mostly filmed in the Avengers case) before that acquisition deal has even been signed.

Most recent comments on it I can find are from an interview with Kevin Fiege published by EW in early March:
    Disney struck a deal to acquire Fox, which brings X-Men and Fantastic Four film rights back home to Marvel Studios. Have you had time to consider what you want to do with these now that they’re back in your toy box?
    No. It’s all about getting Infinity War finished and out, starting Captain Marvel, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Untitled Avengers, the next Spider-Man, and Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 3. These are the ones that are keeping us busy. When and how that deal with Fox finishes and comes together and we’re told, “Hey, now you can start working on it. Now you can start thinking about it,” is when we’ll actually start thinking about it.

We already talked about X-Men and Fantastic Four coming back to Marvel. Is there any character that’s still outside your purview, or have they all come home?
    There are some with a couple of other players involved that would have to be negotiated with. Then, of course, Spider-Man is still with Sony, independent of our agreement to do the films together. But most of them are home now. If that Fox thing happens, yeah, that’ll be the majority.
  • They would be daft to shoehorn in a load of new people for the sequel. The cast is big enough. Captain marvel and maybe nova, that should really be it. Otherwise, the return of the dusted heroes is not going to have any impact.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Also found this, on the title of the next one. From a Collider interview with Fiege published just yesterday.
    When do you think that it’s safe to announce that Infinity War Part 2 will be called Infinity Gauntlet?

That is definitely not what it is called.

Definitely not?

Definitely not called that. When we announce the title I am not sure, but as I’ve probably said to you, it’s gotten completely blown out of proportion. It will just be a name and the reason to hold it back was to keep the attention on Infinity War. That backfired a little bit because now everyone thinks what’s the name of the next one gonna be? But it was really just to keep the focus [on Infinity War]. We did not want to call it Part One and Part Two. Although it will be quite evident that the films obviously connect, as all our films do, but this in particular connects very directly. And then we changed the Part One and Part Two, we said let’s just keep this Infinity War and we’ll talk about the next movie later. We had done things in the past that had taken attention off of whatever the film at hand is because we talked about this. For instance, Infinity War announcing before Ultron came out, and it worked out, it was fine, but it felt like let’s keep the attention on the film at hand.

What’s your favorite wrong theory about Infinity War?

My favorite wrong theory about Avengers 4 is that it will be called Infinity Gauntlet.
  • Predictions for Avengers 4

BhlDwXVCYAATL47.jpg
  • So Ready Player One with cake?
  • Avengers 4: avenge this!
    SFV - reddave360
  • Put Wesley Snipes in these movies somewhere god damn it. Also Ghost Rider.

Especially Ghost Rider.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Ghost Rider is in Agents of Shield.
  • I don't really have time for the tv series tho. Can't I just have my cakje and eat it???
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Mmmm cakje.
  • Cakje is owned by Fox.
  • Under licence from Marvjel
    SFV - reddave360
  • Ghost rider in agents of shield was the worst. He drove a car ffs.
  • Yes yes some incarnation that no one cares about drove a car. No one wants that though. No one.
  • When ur budget won't pay for a cgi bike made of skulls and fire I guess.
  • Shit off imagine the judgement gaze or whatever it's called on Thanos, goodnight sweet prince, well done Ghost Rider u da real mvp, etc. Thanks for playing everyone else.
  • Does anybody, anywhere, still watch Agents of Shield? Or did it properly die a death?
  • A quick Google informs me that the penance stare rekt up ya boi Galactus no problem and Thanos is neither blind, crazy or righteous in his killing so he would indeed be rip before one of the awesomest super powers evar.
  • poprock wrote:
    Does anybody, anywhere, still watch Agents of Shield? Or did it properly die a death?

Me.

It's lost viewers every season though, whilst weirdly being widely considered to have got better. That said, it has much more viewers on catchup and DVR than it does live, so maybe people want to watch it, they just don't care about doing so when ABC want them to.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    When is the new series on Channel 4? I have been watching AoS.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Crap, looks like it's been on for ten weeks already. I thought I checked for it not quite that long ago...
  • My theory for Iw2 is the dudes who turned to ash aint dead but removed from this existence are are in another dimension (I've watch too much dragonball).Now if only they had some sort of wizard dude who could travel between dimensions among them......
    You rang.....
  • No way.

Only time travel can fix this.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Doctor Who crossover?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Hope so!

I was in Dr Who once. That would make me 2 degrees of separation from the Avengers!
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Let's not forget this is a movie universe based loosely on comics. In the comics heros are never dead for long. Besides who's gonna buy toys and merchandising crap of dead heros?

I had a look on Wikipedia and I was surprised by some of the movies where both parts were shit back to back ala infinity war 1 & 2.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_produced_back-to-back
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Keep that typo

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!