Infinity War Spoilers thread
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    I'll take a stab at the Thanos thing. In the movie Thanos explains that when his planet Titan reached over-saturation point , he proposed a random elimination of half the population to reduce the strain but also so they could start again and not make the same mistake.
    Knocked it outta tha park there son!
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    I'll take a stab at the Thanos thing. In the movie Thanos explains that when his planet Titan reached over-saturation point , he proposed a random elimination of half the population to reduce the strain but also so they could start again and not make the same mistake.
    Knocked it outta tha park there son!

Like it’ll be for the Brexit end-game.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Just saw this. Shocked at the level of supers going down. I'm definitely expecting someone to reload a previous save when they get the gauntlet off Thanos. But still, wow, impact. And Spidey :( 

I'm confused where this leaves the Antman film though, when is that supposed to be set? And where was Hawkeye in this?

I'm going to read through the thread now and see how many people were hoping it was going to involve fewer people in tights punching each other.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Also, I'm amazed I've managed to get this far and nobody spoiled anything for me. Great job everyone.

I went into it thinking it was either Captain America or Iron Man to bite the bullet and that'd be it. Lol.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Watched this the other day as I was bored. Wasn't much less bored after it. A bit of a mess, all over the place in tone, too many people and bits of stories. And like anyone really believes all those heroes are dead and not going to be magicked back to life in the next film. In its favour it wasn't as bad as the Black Panther film
  • Just saw this. Shocked at the level of supers going down. I'm definitely expecting someone to reload a previous save when they get the gauntlet off Thanos. But still, wow, impact. And Spidey :( 

I'm confused where this leaves the Antman film though, when is that supposed to be set? And where was Hawkeye in this?

I'm going to read through the thread now and see how many people were hoping it was going to involve fewer people in tights punching each other.

My working theory is that all of the ‘dead’ heroes are inside the soul stone and it’ll be Captain Marvel and/or Ant Man and something to do with the quantum realm that brings them back. IW2 will be 50/50 inside and outside the soul stone and by the end of it either Cap or Tony will be dead (or both).
  • Hopefully Tony.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Just saw this. Shocked at the level of supers going down. I'm definitely expecting someone to reload a previous save when they get the gauntlet off Thanos. But still, wow, impact. And Spidey :( 

Ant Man is set just after Civil War.

Hawkeye will be in 2. Supposedly was going to be in this, but they decided to bump his scenes to the second part.
  • Gremill wrote:
    Just saw this. Shocked at the level of supers going down. I'm definitely expecting someone to reload a previous save when they get the gauntlet off Thanos. But still, wow, impact. And Spidey :( 

My working theory is that all of the ‘dead’ heroes are inside the soul stone and it’ll be Captain Marvel and/or Ant Man and something to do with the quantum realm that brings them back. IW2 will be 50/50 inside and outside the soul stone and by the end of it either Cap or Tony will be dead (or both).

I think they end up locked in the soul stone living out some idyllic existence ie they’ve gone to heaven and get a good ending but could be conceivably be plucked out of there and recast in the future.
  • However Marvel wrap this up, I reckon the solution is going to be too geeky and will piss off most of the non-geek fans who have grown to love these movies. Could even go as far as seeing off the mainstream, making comic books uncool again.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Fucking hell, my cousin's just spoiled this for a mate of mine after I mentioned that I'd just seen it in a WhatsApp group. Shite.

Just finished reading the thread. Surprised people like Dinklage in this as I thought he was shite.

A lot of people saying the end deaths don't work as the other films are in production etc. and I don't agree. I knew about GotG 3 being made because of the James Gunn carry on, but when the characters from that bought the farm it still had an impact in the moment. I think it'll work really well for the normos who aren't scouring the internet for info on upcoming Marvel films.

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed it, how they managed to cram all those characters into it and not have any of them feel like a token gesture/cameo/extra in the background is quite the achievement. All those films over all those years building up to this, and they pulled it off. Great stuff.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    @Dante cheers for the info
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    However Marvel wrap this up, I reckon the solution is going to be too geeky and will piss off most of the non-geek fans who have grown to love these movies. Could even go as far as seeing off the mainstream, making comic books uncool again.

Every film up to now suggests otherwise dunnit?
  • We'll see what everyone thinks if Disney have the balls to continue the storylines into the full on space wizards territory.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Dunno how far out there the storyline goes, but a wizard was in space in this one, and a purple alien with a blinged up glove was the baddie. If they can make this shit work I'm happy to give them the benefit of the doubt on whatever comes next.
  • For the record I'm down for it, fucking bring on Galactus, Adam Warlock doing his crazy shit, Thanos trying and failing to impress Death, all of it.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I suppose the real question is are we getting Squirrel Girl?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    For me, once they managed to make Groot and Rocket decent characters and not the embarrassing CGI shite we'd become used to (fuck you Jar Jar) then they can turn their hand to anything and I'd give it a chance.

When I first saw the GotG trailer I honestly thought they had backflipped the megalodon with those two, just couldn't see it working and had no intention of going to the cinema for it. I ended up watching it while bored one afternoon and it blew my socks off, think I watched it twice more that weekend.
  • For me, once they managed to make Groot and Rocket decent characters and not the embarrassing CGI shite we'd become used to (fuck you Jar Jar) then they can turn their hand to anything and I'd give it a chance.

When I first saw the GotG trailer I honestly thought they had backflipped the megalodon with those two, just couldn't see it working and had no intention of going to the cinema for it. I ended up watching it while bored one afternoon and it blew my socks off, think I watched it twice more that weekend.

\o
  • Roujin wrote:
    I suppose the real question is are we getting Squirrel Girl?

I think she's in a TV show
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • LIKE I GIVE A FUCK ABOUT ANY OF THE MAHVEL TV SHOWS, THAT SHIT IS LIKE DOING HOMEWORK.
  • Got the Blu-ray preordered much looking forward to another watch.

Dunno how far out there the storyline goes, but a wizard was in space in this one, and a purple alien with a blinged up glove was the baddie. If they can make this shit work I'm happy to give them the benefit of the doubt on whatever comes next.

Rewatched iron man 1 and cap 1 and 2 recently. They're actually reasonably grounded.

We've come a hell of a way from there to giant space dwarf blacksmiths!

But those crazy bastards have actually pulled it off.

Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I watched this tonight. I don’t like most of the Marvel films, although I did really enjoy both Guardians of the Galaxy films. This one...I enjoyed it, which surprised me.

Dinklage was absolutely terrible in it.
    Get schwifty.
  • You’re all right, of course. Marvel pulled this off. It’s complex as hell yet it’s not shit. I’ll go see the next one. I just have doubts based on the fan theories - and why should I expect any of them to be right?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    A pal at work has just blew my mind with the theory that the lack of Hulk was down to him fucking off with the Asgardians at the start of IW/end of Ragnarok, and that Hulk/Banner is actually Loki with Thanos snapping the neck of an illusion.

It doesn't really hold water, as why stay "in character" once on Earth? But I did enjoy imagining the possibility for a while.
  • Yeah I don't buy that, he kept almost transforming into hulk.  Like you say, why stay in character?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    Yeah I don't buy that, he kept almost transforming into hulk.  Like you say, why stay in character?

So the special effects team could demonstrate how not to CGI an actor's head onto an armoured suit?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Do the humans trust Loki? Or is he still on the shit list after Avengers 1?

Because if he showed up as the God of Mischief, having already had a pop at global domination, I doubt many would believe he's a reformed character.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    He's like an anti-hero now.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!