Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection - May 29th
  • We ran a random game every round of the tournament last night.

Super fun.

Can be viewed at http://www.twitch.tv/asonelive/v/267405729?sr=a&t=8s
  • Got my copy today. Something of a minor miracle to get it here just 2 days after release, but they did send it out early. Nice one, Base.
  • So this doesn't work.

Just tried about 5 online matches and they all ran so poorly it was unplayable.

Looks like I'll be moving this on very soon.
  • What format Jon? I had a good range of hyper and alpha games last night on switch and it played great.
    SFV - reddave360
  • PS4. My internet connection isn't great here, but I never expected it to be this bad. I've had a couple of games that were OK now, although still with some stutters. Others have been like slow motion. Jerky slow motion.

It's a shame because there's a lot here I haven't played before and could get into the Alphas and SF3s. I'll play through the arcade modes and see if there's been any improvement by then. If not I'll sell it.
  • Did you notice any input lag?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I don't really get how that works TBH. There's an option for reducing or increasing it. Is there any reason you'd want it higher than 1?
  • It's great to be back though. This was my very first match in arcade mode today, after probably 20 years of not playing any SF. What was surprising is that, even though I've forgotten what to do, that muscle memory for the combos just kicked in immediately.

• Played through SF2 Hyper in arcade, which is the one I'm most familiar with from the SNES days. It's good to be reminded what an incredible game it was, and it still stands up in so many ways (although obviously only some of that comes through against the CPU).

But I'm struggling to hit those dragon punches consistently with the pad and just don't think I've got it in me to learn the newer ones. And without the online there's not much point.

If anyone is around about 8.30 UK time in the next few evenings I'd like to try some online matches to see how it fares. But overall it's probably best remembered as a type of game I used to have the time and gumption for.
  • I’ll try and be online later.
  • JonB wrote:
    Played through SF2 Hyper in arcade, which is the one I'm most familiar with from the SNES days. It's good to be reminded what an incredible game it was, and it still stands up in so many ways (although obviously only some of that comes through against the CPU). But I'm struggling to hit those dragon punches consistently with the pad and just don't think I've got it in me to learn the newer ones. And without the online there's not much point. If anyone is around about 8.30 UK time in the next few evenings I'd like to try some online matches to see how it fares. But overall it's probably best remembered as a type of game I used to have the time and gumption for.

Are you on wired or wifi? Try playing around with your routers settings.
    Wired has the best results of course.
    If on wifi try switching to the 5ghz setting of the router.
    You can also try a different 5ghz subband if all your neighbours are broadcasting in the same range. This causes a lot of interference slowing your connection down, especially noticable with gaming.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer

Handy android app which can help you identify the best wifi band manually.

Above can improve wifi stability no end.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • It's wired. I just have slow internet, I think.
  • Ah shite, my sympathies.
    In a last ditch effort you could always try enabling the router's QoS settings if you haven't already?
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Played a few ranked matches of Hyper. Laggy as fuck.
  • Been playing couch vs with buddies last few days, lovely stuff. I realised after SFV that online fightmans does very little for me, so whilst I feel for you guys who are reliant on it, it matters not a jot to me.

Overall though the package is very, very basic in presentation. Looks ugly af. Also, no straight up 'rematch' option, no vs CPU in training? (maybe 3s only?)

Still, good stuff.
  • Got a relaxed lobby going with my bro at the moment if anyone feels like playing some casual matches
  • My progress up the list ground to a halt, because I've run into all the good people now. I am so old.
  • I want to see your Oro replays
  • That makes one of you.
  • JonB wrote:
    Played through SF2 Hyper in arcade, which is the one I'm most familiar with from the SNES days. It's good to be reminded what an incredible game it was, and it still stands up in so many ways (although obviously only some of that comes through against the CPU). But I'm struggling to hit those dragon punches consistently with the pad and just don't think I've got it in me to learn the newer ones. And without the online there's not much point. If anyone is around about 8.30 UK time in the next few evenings I'd like to try some online matches to see how it fares. But overall it's probably best remembered as a type of game I used to have the time and gumption for.

You're more likely to hit it using negative edge.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    That makes one of you.

Hi
  • This honestly does seem inferior to 3SOE in every pertinent respect. Might just go buy an old PS3, if the servers are still up for it?
  • Believe they are, that max guy was streaming some last week in anticipation of Anniversary.

What are you noticing in the core game that's inferior (so not options, menus etc)? Curious as I have 3SOE at home, but not really keen on carting that around. In straight up couch Vs, Anniversary seems to be doing the business just fine.
  • It's really just that - the low-tier execution of the packaging and options. Doesn't seem to be advantage to this release, beyond being on PC now in some legit sense.
  • Managed to get a couple of lag free matches on Alpha 3 and actually won. Both very close games.

Then tried a ranking match on Hyper. It was horribly laggy and the other guy had 70 wins. Tried to cheese me with Vega throws and I just nicked it on the last round.

If this game worked properly I'd love it.
  • I have to say - never realised how good the SF3 series was. I guess because I never had it on a home console but it never grabbed me when I saw it in the arcades (and I was sort out of done with games for a bit at that point). But man, it's lovely. One of the nicest games to look at and it plays really smoothly.
    SFV - reddave360
  • At launch the 'WTF' was palpable, but no-one seems to knock it in hindsight.  The Kid A of videogames.
  • There was a small update on this when I booted up this morning. Maybe they are fix8ng the net code issues?
    SFV - reddave360
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    At launch the 'WTF' was palpable, but no-one seems to knock it in hindsight.  The Kid A of videogames.

SF3 came out alongside Tekken 3 in arcades. I think it started to gain more appreciation after the Dreamcast ports of W Impact and then Third Strike had that Daigo video.

My first real go of it was SF Anniversary on xbox. Was pretty good online from memory.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • My win % is a mere 57. Sodium.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!