regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    A place to big up and moan about delivery people.

I fucking hate ASDA - have been a pain in the arse every time I've ordered from them, despite their prices. Cannot seem to get a delivery on day of release.

On the other hand, despite a lot of negatives, Shopto have been generally great. Tesco are the real winners (ain't that the truth) in my eyes though.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    ASDA are another face of The Hut/Zavvi, aren't they?
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Play have been shit ever since the started using DPD, who are a bunch of lying pricks.

Also, Shopto get the thumbs up from me, never had an issue
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • Not had a problem with ShopTo. I had a few issues a few years ago with Amazon (with my pre-orders for Bioshoch/Stranglehold) but they do seem to have sorted themselves out in recent times.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    As far as I know, Amazon have some of the best customer service in terms of fuck-uppery. I ordered ME3 off them, and it didn't arrive on day of launch, so they refunded my first class payment and gave me a tenner voucher. Can't say better than that.
  • ShopTo are amazing. Play have always been good to me to.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Shopto's customer support can be absolute gash, but thankfully you never usually need to use them.
  • Oh yeah, the same happened with my copy of Crysis 2. I preordered and it never turned up. They were brilliant and refunded me with no questions asked.

I would say that Amazon are my main go to place nowadays as their prices tend to be quite good too.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Highly rate shopto. The only issue i have had is, I ordered two games at once, one went to my house the other to my parents, no idea why.
    As it is i live 10 minutes from my parents house and as they take a photo of your parcel and email it to you i had a heads up on it.
    As far as I am aware noone else emails you a picture of your parcel.

Also plus 1 for Amazon, they dont always get it right but their after care is excellent. I had a TV sent to Glasgow rather than my house in Milton Keynes, 3 miles away from their depot where it started lol.
    Got my delivery charge refunded and they got it to me 3 days later, not bad considering it was xmas 2010 during the epic snow.

• I've never had a problem with ShopTo (or Play) either, but I've never had to use their customer services.

I had to return a t-shirt to Insert Coin Clothing, because I'd bought the wrong size and they were brilliant.

Argos were shite though, I pre-ordered L4D2 and MW2, 'guaranteed' launch day delivery... MW2 was a day late and L4D2 turned up about a fortnight late (after I'd cancelled), and the refund took another few weeks.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • The Hut annoyed me just recently.

ShopTo have so far always got things to me next day with free postage. I use Amazon a lot in general and they're usually good, as long as you don't mind waiting a few days for free postage items.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Top thread. I'm here to big up ShopTo, who have always come up trumps for day before release bonus delivery. 

They seem to be getting more expensive though, so for Dragon's Dogma I went with SendIt. Despite my stranger danger alarm bells ringing on Monday when my order still said 'processing', on Tuesday it moved up to 'dispatched'. I'll let you know if it turns up tomorrow.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Dispatch?! Fucking yanks.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Ha, I just checked the site, it states 'despatched'. Looks like some American is rubbing off on me, but I could care less.
  • Love Film. I normally on get things on release day or the day after.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • The product we are launching in work just now deals with marketplaces like amazon and play as well as eBay and pixmania. It proactively monitors the prices you are selling your items on and adjusts them within price rules. I'm interested in this thread loads to see the common issues customers face so we can educate our clients accordingly.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I like the site that gives me free bitches, fourtys and blunts. More of that please revel.
  • I like a photograph of the person who packed my item, giving me a thumbs up with a slogan like *42 days without accidents* with my orders
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    If you live somewhere that's not Britain, then Amazon is really the only choice, closely followed by Play due to prices in Euros and free delivery.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Zavvi/The Hut now send stuff in these horrible plastic bubble wrap things that you can't use again for, say, sending off eBay stuff, if anyone cares.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Play will forever burst my tits for being really slow, and sending far too much packaging. Had a box the same size of a phat PS3 for a fucking iPod cable. Fucking trees, man. Trees!
  • I like the site that gives me free bitches, fourtys and blunts. More of that please revel.
    done and dusted. Maybe. Probably. Hmmm. Maybe not...
    I like a photograph of the person who packed my item, giving me a thumbs up with a slogan like *42 days without accidents* with my orders
    I don't know if the employees at the penis extension pump factory are particularly photogenic, I'll see what I can do.

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Anyone used pixmania?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yeah, they're not bad. Send stuff by courier anyway.
  • 6-10 days shipping, apparently, for $6.49.  $12.99 and they might be able to get it to me in 2 days.

America is bad at online shipping.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Amazon Prime was made for you.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Amazon Prime was made for you.

Aha, good plan!
  • YAAAAS normal Amazon will get it to me by release date.  Pre-ordered!
  • I bought xenoblade off zavvi but there was a dispatch date of a month later so I decided to cancel and buy it off amazon. Off amazon i bought it from a marketplace seller called gzoop. I received an email from zavvi saying they couldn't cancel (wtf) but i could return it so i thought id cancel off amazon (this was the same day). I got the exact same email off amazon! Turns out they're the same people! what a swizz!
  • ShopTo. Ordered something at 14:55. Confirmed at 14:56. At 14:58 a confirmation text and an email with a picture of my package.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Nowt from SendIt today. I wish I'd used ShopTo now.
‹ Previous1234

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!