The fucking expert
  • mk64 wrote:
    yet in my circles they would be average

Average! Bruv, my 1993-1996 self would slap & own your circles, squares, triangles, whatev's!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    It depends on what and how you define expert. 

Two people on here have said mario kart on the snes, yet in my circles they would be average (not even good or close to expert). But it is the game they consider themselves most expert. 

Also reg - I didn't know you run SMW. Whats your PB? 

I tend to play a smaller number of games to more depth. I'd say at some point i've been "expert" (by which I mean in the top 5% of player base) at Timesplitters 2, Tetris (arguable as it depends on version and mechanic), Advance Wars DS, International Superstar Soccer 2000.

I play it every year without fail and usually manage about 3 1/2 to 4 hours for a 96. Have never been exact, but ready to actually stream and time this year and show that indigo fellow what real speed looks like ;)
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I think I'm a Nintendo expert lads
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I think I'm a Nintendo expert lads

Aye good work
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Did you know the inspiration for Pikmin was Miyamoto tripping his nut off in Soho on ecstasy
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yes
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Space Invaders.
    Mastered the high risk technique that abuses the fact they don't shoot on the last rank.

Was also able to consistently get the rainbow bonus in Pt.2 that required you to have bottom row skulls as the last enemies shot.

Could beat both courses on Moon Patrol on 1 credit
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • The bit most people don't know is that he spent that night with an Italian transsexual prostitute.
  • That taught him how to play Space Invaders?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Davy has lived some life
  • What else are you supposed to do with a prostitute?
  • Trials Evo for me I guess, in terms of how I ranked. There are games I've put more time into that aren't competitive, so it's difficult to judge. Am I better at Kerbal Space Program than Trials Evo, given I've put close to 10 times as much time into it?
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    No expert, but I got good at Geometry Wars Evolved, though Noxy’s score made me look bad.  Was also in the top fifty at one point on Super Stardust HD’s endless mode.  Mostly I’m awful at games.
    Get schwifty.
  • Meh. I killed Dubs once. He's not all that.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • regmcfly wrote:
    mk64 wrote:
    It depends on what and how you define expert.  Two people on here have said mario kart on the snes, yet in my circles they would be average (not even good or close to expert). But it is the game they consider themselves most expert.  Also reg - I didn't know you run SMW. Whats your PB?  I tend to play a smaller number of games to more depth. I'd say at some point i've been "expert" (by which I mean in the top 5% of player base) at Timesplitters 2, Tetris (arguable as it depends on version and mechanic), Advance Wars DS, International Superstar Soccer 2000.
    I play it every year without fail and usually manage about 3 1/2 to 4 hours for a 96. Have never been exact, but ready to actually stream and time this year and show that indigo fellow what real speed looks like ;)

does dodo hold the record?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • *runs away*
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    mk64 wrote:
    It depends on what and how you define expert.  Two people on here have said mario kart on the snes, yet in my circles they would be average (not even good or close to expert). But it is the game they consider themselves most expert. 
    Its very subjective isn't though? Me and mates couldn't afford anything other than one game a year (£60 a cartridge) so that's all we played all the time, 24/7/365. We discovered some great bugs in the game because we played it so much over and over again. Some of the bugs we couldn't repeat because they were compete random occurrences. You'd also start putting artificial rules in just to change it up. In co-op your mate picking your character or vice versa. Playing as a shrunken character. Not being allowed to use an items. Then they got more stupid, not being allowed to turn right. If you wanted to turn right you'd do a 360 left turn. Sounds stupid but was hilarious. That game was something else. I still remember when we broke the minute barrier on Mario Circuit 1 on 100cc. It was like Mansell and Senna at Monaco when Mansell had to come in for a tyre change due to a puncture. He was all over Senna but couldn't get past. Same with my mate, one of those races where I was attached to his rear bumper. We were so engaged that we didn't notice the time we got. When we did, we just sat there I'm disbelief. So many memories, good times.

I'm not sure it's subjective. They're expert, you'd play them on battlemode and you would lose 10-0. You'd play against them on match race or GP and you'd simply never ever win. I'm not sure you can call yourself an expert at a game when there's another "level" clearly demonstrable above you.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    You guys....
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I remembered - Super Tennis on the SNES. I'd take you all down with big bad John.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    mk64 wrote:
    It depends on what and how you define expert.  Two people on here have said mario kart on the snes, yet in my circles they would be average (not even good or close to expert). But it is the game they consider themselves most expert.  Also reg - I didn't know you run SMW. Whats your PB?  I tend to play a smaller number of games to more depth. I'd say at some point i've been "expert" (by which I mean in the top 5% of player base) at Timesplitters 2, Tetris (arguable as it depends on version and mechanic), Advance Wars DS, International Superstar Soccer 2000.

does dodo hold the record?

AFAIK yes
  • I’m hard
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Gross elf, too much information!
  • Gone now. Thanks.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • mk64 wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    mk64 wrote:
    It depends on what and how you define expert.  Two people on here have said mario kart on the snes, yet in my circles they would be average (not even good or close to expert). But it is the game they consider themselves most expert. 
    Its very subjective isn't though? Me and mates couldn't afford anything other than one game a year (£60 a cartridge) so that's all we played all the time, 24/7/365. We discovered some great bugs in the game because we played it so much over and over again. Some of the bugs we couldn't repeat because they were compete random occurrences. You'd also start putting artificial rules in just to change it up. In co-op your mate picking your character or vice versa. Playing as a shrunken character. Not being allowed to use an items. Then they got more stupid, not being allowed to turn right. If you wanted to turn right you'd do a 360 left turn. Sounds stupid but was hilarious. That game was something else. I still remember when we broke the minute barrier on Mario Circuit 1 on 100cc. It was like Mansell and Senna at Monaco when Mansell had to come in for a tyre change due to a puncture. He was all over Senna but couldn't get past. Same with my mate, one of those races where I was attached to his rear bumper. We were so engaged that we didn't notice the time we got. When we did, we just sat there I'm disbelief. So many memories, good times.

I'm not sure it's subjective. They're expert, you'd play them on battlemode and you would lose 10-0. You'd play against them on match race or GP and you'd simply never ever win. I'm not sure you can call yourself an expert at a game when there's another "level" clearly demonstrable above you.

Dude, you've completely loss me (in nicest way possible). Who is they? ie "expert"
  • Always been too busy being great at real life stuff to bother with video games. You know real stuff, in the real world.

Things like erm, hmmmm
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    voices wrote:
    Trials Evo for me I guess, in terms of how I ranked. There are games I've put more time into that aren't competitive, so it's difficult to judge. Am I better at Kerbal Space Program than Trials Evo, given I've put close to 10 times as much time into it?

Had to let you have some of those wins in the end cos I'm a gentleman

• Dont think im super elite at any particular game but one of the call of duties (either black ops or mw3) I got ridiculously good at. Knew the maps really well and would speed run through death match and team death match. Hours were given over to this game.
    SFV - reddave360
  • voices wrote:
    Trials Evo for me I guess, in terms of how I ranked. There are games I've put more time into that aren't competitive, so it's difficult to judge. Am I better at Kerbal Space Program than Trials Evo, given I've put close to 10 times as much time into it?

Had to let you have some of those wins in the end cos I'm a gentleman

Thanks! It's all gone to my head.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!