The fucking expert
  • I play this each and every time I masturbate, but I am still no expert.

https://youtu.be/oomCIXGzsR0
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Fucking hell I just watched all of that.  Amazing.
    Get schwifty.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    One-Lifed Super Swiv back in the day.

Could one life up to the final boss in Wardner too. Have since learned there's a safe spot but the thought of building up that muscle memory again is daunting.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • AJ wrote:
    really good at jimmying nice results out of the standard Fallout 4 building tools after spending a good few hours building while stoned.

Following on from this, I've just remembered I used to be amazing at Donkey Konga after me and my mates played it incessantly for months on end when we'd get back pilled up.

Plus, I was pretty awesome at the movement in Spider-Man 2 after realising that just swinging about was a good thing to be doing on a come down.

Think I'm noticing a trend in games I've been particularly good at...
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Fucking hell I just watched all of that.  Amazing.

My man, so did I.
  • Roujin wrote:
    Wait, no one has mentioned Goldeneye yet. What is this thread I don't even.
    Back in the good old days, probably Mario 64.  A few N64 games actually, since I couldn't afford many they generally got played to within an inch.  Goldeneye and Diddy Kong Racing got a solid rinsing.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I'm a Souls expert, but that doesn't mean i'm particularly good at the game. I like figuring out weaknesses etc, best tactics/builds. I'm certainly not one of those fanatics who does a "no hit/damage" run. That's too much imo, but hey...each to their own.

My best achievement was being No.10 on the Worldwide Leaderboard for Vanquish, campaign on Hard. I have a photo somewhere. lol!

Never felt like much at the time, but i could easily complete SFII arcade cabinet story mode with 20p (1 credit).
  • Where do people find the time for a no hit/no damage run or not levelling up at all runs? Doesn't sound like fun, sounds like a job your not being paid for.

There would a riot in our arcade if you ever tried to continue by adding another credit to the SF2 machine.
  • A lot if it is streamers, so exactly that, a job they are being paid for.
  • How much do they earn? i have no clue when it comes to game streaming and income.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Where do people find the time for a no hit/no damage run or not levelling up at all runs? Doesn't sound like fun, sounds like a job your not being paid for.
    Not levelling up in Dark Souls isn’t that big a deal. I’ve done it, so it can’t be. It’s just one of the many ways to play the game that’s catered for.

No damage, on the other hand, is crazy.
  • I had a 100% win ratio on Cyber Sled in the arcade.

Played 1 won 1.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    How much do they earn? i have no clue when it comes to game streaming and income.

that depends on the streamer
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    How much do they earn? i have no clue when it comes to game streaming and income.

I know summit1g has about 10k subs so that's a fiver each month off every one, plus daily donations. Ninja makes about 250k a month
  • Realistically you can sustain yourself at around 150 returning subs, or at least that's my old flat mate's baseline. His viewership fluctuates upwards but he's gutting that as a minimum. At his level it seems collaborations and getting on small dev games early (like Slay the Spire) is important. Really it's a massive sliding scale of incomes and focuses.
  • How much do they earn? i have no clue when it comes to game streaming and income.
    I know summit1g has about 10k subs so that's a fiver each month off every one, plus daily donations. Ninja makes about 250k a month

After Twitch's cut it is closer to a couple of quid per sub.

HappyHob is about the peak of DS runners I guess and he has 12k subs so that is probably the ceiling for that particular way of playing. He has done back to back no hit runs of all three games.

I imagine getting that first 100 or so subs is extremely difficult.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message

After Twitch's cut it is closer to a couple of quid per sub.

HappyHob is about the peak of DS runners I guess and he has 12k subs so that is probably the ceiling for that particular way of playing. He has done back to back no hit runs of all three games.

I imagine getting that first 100 or so subs is extremely difficult.

Higher end streamers get better rates due to the traffic, the real top guys prob make close to four quid a sub
  • Ah ok, didnt realise that.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Olimite wrote:
    SongPop champ.

Hold the phone bro!

Call me, maybe?

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • I was the fucking expert at ISS pro evolution soccer on the ps1. I was beatable on an off day but I was pretty near unstoppable most of the time. I still uphold to this day that it's the greatest football game ever made all things relative.

I was also a right dirty bastard on NHL Hitz, a cult ice hockey classic for me.
  • Is that the one with Ravanelli and Ince on the cover? Came with MGS demo? I still have it!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • That was Pro '98, first one I bought.
  • Ah. First for me too.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I played a shed load of half life 1. Finished multiple times on pc and console. On pc i played the offical addons and well over 50+ user created half life mods or levels. I really loved that game.
  • If we're going back in time, I'll take MSR and COD2. They were probably the pinnacle of my gaming career. GT4 should probably get an honourable mention for all platinum tests but there could be a doping scandal.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • MSR was amazing on Dreamcast. what a fantastic game. So so very good.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    old banger
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Used to be able to one life Mega Man 2 quite quickly back in the day.

I know a truck load about Gen 1 Pokemon.
  • At what level does Clefairy evolve into Clefable then? HUH?
  • In terms of raw skill, Speedball 2 on the Amiga.  I could beat Revolver 400-0, which seems completely unachievable now.

If you talk about "expert" involving comprehensive knowledge, then probably Destiny 1.  I think I was the most reliable source for exactly how your damage scaled, the systems and mechanisms, and memorising the oracles order to the extent of dreaming about it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!