Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    LarryDavid wrote:
    Olimite wrote:
    Proud of what they have achieved but so so disappointed that we didn't react second half and resorted to hoofing it to nobody. It was clear they (Croatia) would have to up their game.

Strangely not devastated though, like it was inevitable.

Didn’t go out in comical fashion to a bunch of part timers. Which was nice.

The draw was very favourable though, I doubt we’ll ever get such a stroke of good fortune like that.

And worse is that we lost to a team with Lovren in it (sob).

Right about the draw, but it is nice to be positive about the national team again.

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    These guys are young, they'll be improving, young players should be coming through, I do expect that this is the start of something. I think that in 10 years' time, we might be one of the big teams that people fear.
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    Olimite wrote:
    Proud of what they have achieved but so so disappointed that we didn't react second half and resorted to hoofing it to nobody. It was clear they (Croatia) would have to up their game. Strangely not devastated though, like it was inevitable.
    Didn’t go out in comical fashion to a bunch of part timers. Which was nice. The draw was very favourable though, I doubt we’ll ever get such a stroke of good fortune like that.

Trying not to focus on this but it's true.  We almost rode Troy's bucket all the way to the treasure.
  • So I haven’t really followed English football for years. I am a rugby fan through and through and always looked down on English football as a bit of a joke.

That has now changed. This team has been a pleasure to follow and support. They have made me excited about English football and it has been a pleasure watching how they have conducted themselves this tournament.

As my little four year old boy said as he went to bed. Football isn’t coming home today. But it will do tomorrow (although he means in four years time).
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • At least it’s put an end to all that ‘it’s coming home’ bollocks.

Positives, Clive.
  • Unlucky lads. I was genuinely hoping England made the final as they seem like very nice boys.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    LarryDavid wrote:
    At least it’s put an end to all that ‘it’s coming home’ bollocks. Positives, Clive.
    For two years.
  • Frosty wrote:
    Unlucky lads. I was genuinely hoping England made the final as they seem like very nice boys.

This
    Gamertag: gremill
  • What was Trippier doing for the goal here?
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    LarryDavid wrote:
    At least it’s put an end to all that ‘it’s coming home’ bollocks. Positives, Clive.
    For two years.

D'oh. As you were.

• As my little four year old boy said as he went to bed. Football isn’t coming home today. But it will do tomorrow (although he means in four years time).

:)

When the first goal went in my daughter heard the shout and ran out of bed to sing it's coming home at me, which was awesome so LD can fuck off with his positives. 

I'll have to break the news in the morning.
  • Proud of those boys. Undone by inexperience but duck it, outperformed my expectations like a morherfucker.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Ducking A
  • That game was utter rot in the second half. Southgate fucked it when plan A wasn’t working and England were getting ruined he went to his shit version plan A (ie the same plan but the B grade players). The same fucking plan in every game with no ability or desire to unpack the game in real time to affect or change the game.

Every sub was like for like. When you’re being overrun in mid you don’t take off the defensive mid and add a defensive mid. What value is swapping sterling for what Southgate has implied as being the shit sterling from the B team game and giving the lad zero starts.

They had three games where the wingers were ineffective in open play so they keep the same plan for the most important game.

Awful.

• Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Yep, agree with crayon. Should have changed it to 451 early doors when they kept getting a spare man over on the left. Was only a matter of time before Perisic started getting more joy on the right.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Sat back and invited pressure. It was working for a long old time like, but couldn't last. Fucking gutted. The ref totally abandoned reason and logic halfway through the second half too, no massive howlers but plenty of 70/30s went to the dirty ratty snide cunts who France are going to annihilate on Sunday.

Shame there's no football on until then.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    As my little four year old boy said as he went to bed. Football isn’t coming home today. But it will do tomorrow (although he means in four years time).

:)

When the first goal went in my daughter heard the shout and ran out of bed to sing it's coming home at me, which was awesome so LD can fuck off with his positives. 

I'll have to break the news in the morning.

Oh, for the kids, yeah. That sounds adorable.

For the mid-30’s z-list celebs, less so.

• I’m gonna wear my waistcoat to work tomorrow. That’s how you bounce back. Come on! Euro 2020!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • That game was utter rot in the second half. Southgate fucked it when plan A wasn’t working and England were getting ruined he went to his shit version plan A (ie the same plan but the B grade players). The same fucking plan in every game with no ability or desire to unpack the game in real time to affect or change the game.

Every sub was like for like. When you’re being overrun in mid you don’t take off the defensive mid and add a defensive mid. What value is swapping sterling for what Southgate has implied as being the shit sterling from the B team game and giving the lad zero starts.

They had three games where the wingers were ineffective in open play so they keep the same plan for the most important game.

Awful.
    There were few alternatives imo. We had one system and a reasonable first eleven. The job for the next two years is building a squad and make them capable of adapting.
  • Anyway, I’m off to smash up a bus shelter and lamp a Croat pensioner.

And after all, isn’t that what it’s all about?
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Sat back and invited pressure. It was working for a long old time like, but couldn't last. Fucking gutted. The ref totally abandoned reason and logic halfway through the second half too, no massive howlers but plenty of 70/30s went to the dirty ratty snide cunts who France are going to annihilate on Sunday.

Shame there's no football on until then.

You're forgetting the third-place playoff. Seriously, what's the fucking point? Who is going to want to play in that game?

• I'd play if they asked me.
  • I'd play if they asked me.

Lol
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Vardy would pay to play in it.
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    Anyway, I’m off to smash up a bus shelter and lamp a Croat pensioner.

And after all, isn’t that what it’s all about?
    Smash a polish shop window out of ignorance plox
  • Don’t forget to punch a horse should the opportunity arise.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Hahaha. Roy Keane v Wrighty.

Only one winner there.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    LarryDavid wrote:
    Hahaha. Roy Keane v Wrighty. Only one winner there.
    Not the viewer.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Christ, are people still watching that?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!