4za 4izon Four - The FNF High Court of Rubbin' Misdemeanours
  • I want an event race where you have to outrun a field of nasty badgers
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    I hope the tractors are driveable

And the gritter.
  • Something about the environments are a little bit off to me. Not sure, can't put my finger on it. It's like it's been passed through a North American filter where the trees disappear into the sky and the views are always panoramic and the weather is always extreme. 

Looks good though. I might even buy it.
  • I'm not sure about setting it in Britain. Popping down to Portsmouth for a car meet is not that enticing. Roundabout challenge in Milton Keynes anyone? Proper British radio please, I want to be stuck behind a tractor on a country lane listening to The Archers.
  • Skondo wrote:
    I'm not sure about setting it in Britain. Popping down to Portsmouth for a car meet is not that enticing. Roundabout challenge in Milton Keynes anyone? Proper British radio please, I want to be stuck behind a tractor on a country lane listening to The Archers.

Im hoping for a race that suddenly grinds to a halt due to traffic on the M1 and temporary speed restrictions thanks to endless roadworks
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • There is some nice stuff in this IGN interview with Ralph Fulton of Playground Games.
    … everything in the game world is synchronised for all players. Time of day is synchronised. Weather conditions are synchronised. Seasons are synchronised. So seasons last one week per season, and then the season changes. So you will play in spring, for example, for a week, and then we’ll countdown to the season transition and you’ll move into summer.
    As much as this is a shared-world game, and we believe it’s much better played with other people, you can totally just click a button and play the entire game in single player with Drivatars if that’s your wont.
    Yes, you can still pause the game. Yes, you can use photo mode. Yes, you can even rewind. And, no, you can’t be griefed by strangers. This can’t happen in Forza Horizon 4, at least not with strangers. Players unknown to you will be ghosted on contact.
    The hourly content is something Playground Games is calling Forzathon Live, which will be open to any players currently roaming the map who wish to take part (Forzathon Live supports 12 players). What happens is you get 15 minutes and a group target of something like a Danger Sign, or an area where you have to do skills in, and it’s this cool piece of chaotic gameplay where… everyone’s taking part. If you manage to beat stage one in the time limit you then go through to stage two, and then eventually to stage three. Then, at the end of it, everyone gets the same reward, which you can spend in this new area called the Forzathon Shop. There are no individual scoreboards; just a group target. The idea is that it’s geared around teamwork rather than competition.
    Another feature, which Playground is dubbing Horizon Stories, adds a host of bespoke driving opportunities spearheaded by a large injection of new characters to the Horizon world. “In previous games, everyone you’ve ever met at the festival, worked or lived at the festival,” says Brown. “Because you’re living there now we wanted to try and add more life to the world, so through a feature we’re calling Horizon Stories you’ll now meet people from around the UK; colourful characters who will give you loads of really cool driving opportunities.” Brown explains we’ll be able to pick up gigs like being a stunt driver in a movie, or assisting in a car documentary shoot. Playground has also introduced purchasable properties to the game, from quaint country cottages to Edinburgh Castle itself, as well as the ability to buy businesses. The example given was a taxi firm, which will reward us for darting all over the map in a tricked-out Austin FX4.
  • Cool. Glad you can turn off real people in your game, I hate that level of interaction. NFS Rivals had it and it was just full of knobs.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • I think that might be a nice solution though – people on your friends list have a physical impact on you, whilst everyone else is effectively a ghost.

Great, so long as your friends aren’t dicks.

Oh wait.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The track creator is excellent news too. It should help keep this interesting in the long term.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Great read that Rock, I’m finding this all very exhausting.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Inject it into my veins
  • Fuel-inject it into my veins
  • I want an event race where you have to outrun a field of nasty badgers

That's pretty much my FNF anyway.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Sooooooo is there crossplay between Bone and PeeeCee on this one?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I think there is on all MS first party titles.
  • Will there be races where you have to stick to the average speed of 50mph to win even though there’s NO FUCKING WORKERS ON THE ROADSIDE AT ALL
  • Swerve the pothole challenges?
  • Needs cones. Everywhere. All the time. For no discernible reason.
  • You're not allowed to launch the game until you pass a hazard perception test, video coming from a FNF race post midnight.

*breaks mouse*
  • Will you have to avoid lycra clad cyclists on the country roads?
  • Will you have to pay a Congestion Charge?
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Listening to a honds on play test, potholes and unattended road repair works are present.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Listening to a honds on play test, potholes and unattended road repair works are present.
    Lol
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    This is as close as I will ever get to a new PGR isn't it?
  • Probably.  I wasn't 100% sure it wasn't until I saw a Forza number plate.
  • While I'm delighted I'm going to get to race around the most convincing rendering of Scotland ever possible in a game, I'm a little wary of how much appeal this is going to have to the wider world.  The mount Fuji image that Hair posted a few months ago made perfect sense if the plan was to attempt to appeal to a market generally indifferent to both racing games and the Bone, but that's clearly not the case after all.

Still, hopefully FH4 succeeds on the basis that it's the latest in a series that includes some of the best racing games ever made.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    FH3 was a bit of a slow-burning hit, but is now hugely popular. I fully expect this to smash all day 1 Forza sales records with ease.
  • It’s easy to underestimate how popular the imaginary picture-postcard version of Britain and British countryside really is in both America and Japan.

Anglophiles. Anglophiles everywhere.

I reckon this could sell.
  • I'm really hoping they've got some areas of Sutherland in there.  Suilven, you magnificent bastard.

RutMNLq.jpg
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    They've fucked it. Paused it to look at Princes Street and they've gone and put houses on the side of the road instead of shops.

I'm out.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!