Trials Rising - February 2019
  • I agree, and I would kind of appreciate if that happened.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Tbh alot of the core hardcore absolutely shit on Redlynx from a monumetal height to the poin off entitlement so I wouldn't be surprised if they didnt bother again.
  • Random blast from the past - at around 1:00 you can see both mine and Dub's names on the leader board (Furious Spluz + Woodfeller). 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILrbqxR2o0k

Edit: and yeah I went looking for this - I was curious to see how much they had dropped over time (both were top 10 at one point).
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    One of my runs was upped to Youtube by a random dude as well, shit is good
  • That's a pretty sweet endorsement.
  • Gigatrack is out today, which is worth a play for the novelty at least. My lunch break will be spent trying to get the platinum, rather than my daily ninja attempt (currently trying to pass the 'easy' version of Scorn which is baseline level 3, and much better than Green Belt).

I still think this is the best Trials game ever. Maybe the ninja stuff isn't as fun as it was on Fusion, but now that the game doesn't stutter at all (on PC at least) the racing is amazing.
  • They did their best to shake people off with the structure of the single player (and menus) but it does seem to be pretty Godly once you cut through the guff. Evolution will always be king for me though.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Thought I'd try Rising on my new PC... still getting frame drops despite having a GPU and CPU that are at like 20%?!?  I thought the game was meant to be fixed now??  Not talking total freezes, but it's far from the 60FPS (or higher!) that I was kinda expecting!!
  • Try setting particle sizes to half - for some reason that makes my frames stutter, despite my PC being way over specced for Trials.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Ok, I'll try that. Might have to go 1080 not 1440 too :-/
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Well turned a chunk of stuff down and it's suddenly buttery smotth, still at 1440 so looking nice enough.  Might slowly turn some more effects back up and see what exactly it's struggling with...

Anyhows, did the first few tracks (starting campaign from scratch...), and then decided to try the gigatrack!  Was kinda fun but jeez a bit of a slog, particularly on the not-recommended starter bike.  But made it, woooo.
  • It's a fun track, but the coasting sections are absolute bullshit. I've had a couple of runs where I've been 10 seconds up on my PB and my bike has randomly flipped and immediately faulted. The coast sections are around 6 or 7 minutes in, and there's a few dice role shortcuts earlier in the runs, so it really hurts.

• This is a fun track that I thought was worth an upload. Took a bit of time to get down - notably checkpoint 3 (so the 4th obstacle....) and the second to last one with the bounce over the bomb, which I think is the hardest checkpoint.

It's a ninja 3 baseline, so the borderline between ninja 2 and ninja 3.
  • So, I thought I'd give Fusion another crack because it's still Trials, and why not. It's definitely not because I have 600+ hours in Rising and I was ashamed of it.

I can see why I didn't really enjoy it as much when I tried it back on the PS4 (aside from not getting on with the controller). The physics are floaty, the bike suspension is utterly stupid and speed running doesn't feel anywhere near as tight as Evo. The step up to Rising was huge in that respect.

But all that aside, it's really fun. The DLC's just get better and better, and by the last one (or at least the one before awesome levels max, which I'll be getting at some point if I can find it cheap) the futuristic setting has clicked for me to the extent I prefer it. Some of the music is really great. One of the last tracks is the worst thing that's happened to trials since HD (the 8 bit arcade one), but otherwise they're all fantastic. 

Finally, I can see why people prefer the ninja's here to the ninja's in Rising. The stupid suspension and the floaty gravity make the bike feel much more capable of insane feats. The price of admission is higher but the skill ceiling also feels higher.

I want to have a fair crack at the ninja's, and then perhaps I'll be back to Rising (or try some other games....).
  • Had an idea for a Trials comp, seeing as I've had Trails-brain for the past hour or so.

Spotify Trials. To stop mentals like me wasting all their evenings chasing times, we do a weekly/bi-weekly one shot thing. Voices picks a track and someone picks an album on the Spotify app to go with it. Participants have to post a time in that they've hit in the duration of one listen. So that could be as little as 39mins or something with the length of many modern albums. When the last track finishes you have to declare your best time. No endless grinding, very little chance of accidental reverse strokes. Plus the opportunity to bitch about music you hated etc.

Any takers?
  • I'm up for that. Difficult to police, but if we all pinky swear.....
  • What with modern technology we could stream our attempts. I'd be willing to stream mine anyway.
  • A decent track to start with has been released recently too:

• Up for the scout's honour route rather than streaming myself. Would happily watch Muzzy strim a fail though.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I reckon I would die on that many times. I've not even unlocked the second bike on my pc either, which likely won't help matters. But yknow I'll try anything twice.
  • I'll rebuy on Bone if we're doing this. If not....I'll probably grab it again anyway. I tried nu Gigatrack on Switch and the quality of the dlc seems all over the place undocked.
  • I'd say wait for a few more people to chip in and say they'll join in the fun. Ideally we'd have 5 or so (though I'd be happy to give it a whirl to get things moving).

If DS/Dubs don't join then I'll have to handicap myself a bit - not sure what would be fair.
  • I’m always up for an excuse to play trials!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Im pretty much done with Trials so wont be jumping in lads
  • Alright - just 4 (if that) of us to start with. Who wants to suggest an album?

I'm currently going through my grindcore collection to see what you'll enjoy the most.
  • Done. Can join in on Switch in the meantime if it gets going.
  • You'll need to unlock the Mantis, which will take a little grinding. They fixed the grind a bit, so you can speed it up by getting A+'s in the university of trials.
  • I assume I've still got my save on Bone, should be ready to go.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm not sure I have A+ skillz lol

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!