RIP Mostly. Fundraising link in OP.
  • Damn. This has shaken me a bit even though it was coming. He was a legend right until the end.

RIP Mos.
  • Rob was a fantastic guy and (totally unprompted) had helped me out in the past. He was a kind soul and that came across through his words, gestures and the indubitable dignity with which he handled this inequitable affliction.

He conducted himself like a gentleman on here and when online and will be a terrible loss. I feel a horrible sadness and hope that his family and friends get all the love, support and care that they need. It would be lovely if something suitable and fitting could be done to remember Rob and the impact he had on us all.  

Hug your loved ones Badgers.
  • Well fuck. To say I'm gutted that we couldn't catch him at Mancstock one last time when we were so close is something of an understatement.

Just like his avatar I was really hoping he'd pull through.

Top work shabs for the pics.

Thoughts go out to his family if they're readying this.

:(
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • This is such sad news, he was a really lovely guy. My condolences to his family.

Is there a collection?
  • Sorry to hear of this news. Rotten to lose one of our own. I hadn't met him and can only recall playing with him on a couple of occasions, but it's clear he meant a lot to this forum and was a genuine soul. My thoughts go out to his friends and family, he is rested now.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Definitely up for some kind of collection.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Just awful news. Thought with his family and friends.

Rest in peace Mostly.
  • Really sad news.  I didn't really know him, yet he always came across as an incredibly positive human being - one of those where you'd click on a thread just because you saw he'd posted.

He once told me that you could never know too many good people.  He was, of course, damn right, and it's an incredible loss to know that there's one fewer in the world.
  • Utterly gutted to hear this news. My thoughts are with his family and friends.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • What an awful and heartbreaking thing to wake up to. The manner in which he was coping with his illness was an absolute inspiration, I'm sorry not to have had the chance to meet him in person. Horrible news.
  • RIP Rob.

Awful news. I didn’t ever meet him and think I only played Halo with him a few times back in the day but on here he was measured, mature, funny, accepting and seemed like one of the genuine good guys. We WhatsApp’d a few times 3 or 4 months ago to share advice on sourcing some alternative pain-relief and he seemed so nice and self effacing. I had hoped that he was still fighting the good fight, but damn - that’s a tough one.

Would be up for contributions to a collection, for sure.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • If we do something, might I suggest Child’s play?

A cancer charity seems the obvious choice, and I’ve no objections to that, but games (and the relationships that came with them) brought him a lot of joy, especially over the past year. He talked a lot about how much coop and games in general had meant to him while he was sick, and he always seemed to have his spirits lifted by them. It’d be nice to ensure that other people who struggle with illness are also about to use games to keep their spirits up.

Just a thought.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Very good shout Cinty. I intended to do a CP nearer Christmas as it what excelled us as a group of individuals at that time of year in times past.

I think it would be a tremendous tribute to such an awesome guy.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Saddened at this news. Thought that he had more time.  :(

His postings in the illness thread were challenging. I could only hope to think I'd be half as dignified in the same position.

RIP. Condolences to friends & family.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Only remember you vaguely from maroon.
    Always seemed like a decent poster. Rip Rob.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • A good man, with a thoughtful mind. I particularly liked the way he showed concern in the illness thread when the rest of us were moaning and worrying about a sore throat or a dickie knee knowing full well he was bossing it about despite the chemo/radio/general crappy condition.
    Great man who i’ll very much miss.
  • So sorry for his family and friends, RIP man.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Awful news. All my sympathy goes out to those closest to him. He was inspiring and showed kindness, knowledge and grace in every interaction I had with him.
  • Cancer at such a young age is fucked up.
    Fwiw, my condolences to the family.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • If we do something, might I suggest Child’s play?

A cancer charity seems the obvious choice, and I’ve no objections to that, but games (and the relationships that came with them) brought him a lot of joy, especially over the past year. He talked a lot about how much coop and games in general had meant to him while he was sick, and he always seemed to have his spirits lifted by them. It’d be nice to ensure that other people who struggle with illness are also about to use games to keep their spirits up.

Just a thought.

I think that’s a great idea. I’m happy to organise if needed. We have a superb children’s cancer unit at The Royal Marsden in Sutton who do phenomenal work and world renowned research. I appreciate that it’s not in Rob’s neck of the woods so there maybe better options out there. But I’d be happy to take any gifts there with any others London-based Badgers, get photos done etc. If folks think there are better options, I wouldn’t be offended and would fully support.
  • RIP. Thoughts to his family and friends.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Very sad news. It's troubling to me that this community is getting to that stage where people are being lost. I feel for those closest to him here and send my thoughts to his family.

Rest easy dude.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The only reason that we’re getting to this stage is because we’ve endured for so long, that’s something to be celebrated despite the pain caused by moments like these.
  • Who's the youngest here?
  • Still no teenager, mind.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!