PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    legaldinho wrote:
    Mos certainly took this thing like a man.

I'd be dragged out of this world fucking kicking and screaming at the whole world, with lots of sobbing and begging thrown in
    And the crying to the disgust of everyone, don't forget that.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Awful news. Let's just hope his last days /weeks were as painless as possible, at least he was looking at his situation with a good mindset! Time for some chicken tandoori this week, he wrote down a recipe a while ago when I asked for one.

Thoughts are with Julia and family, hugs for all you lovely people.
  • Just seeing this.  So sad.  He seemed right a right good guy.
  • Terrible news and my condolences to his loved ones. I only knew Mostly through his posts here, the same way I know any of you, but this is a shock and one I am deeply saddened by.

I knew Mostly was terminally ill, but thought he had more time.
  • Sad news, RIP.
    SFV - reddave360
  • So I've managed to get tomorrow off, and am planning to go down for the funeral. It appears to be the same crematorium I've been to for all my family funerals, so that will be an experience.

If anyone else was looking to go, PM me for my mobile number and I'd be happy to meet up beforehand.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I would have liked to make it but can’t. I’m pleased that there’ll be one badger there at least.
  • Much respect, Dante.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Top man, Dante. Would’ve liked to be there also but glad one of us can attend as Yoss said.
  • Thanks for going Dante.
    Give them all our love.
  • Give his people our love Dante. Gutted I can't be there for obvious reasons.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I was hoping someone from here would be going. Glad it’s you.

Thank you, Dante.
  • Good effort Dante. I wonder what they'll think when you try and explain this place. I can't quite explain it to the missus, or myself for that matter. She thought it was a bit silly at first, when it was Edge magazine, and then she was slightly alarmed at the amount of time I seemed to be spending on it, and then it not being a magazine thing anymore sort of struck a chord I think, then going down to London, and then various meets in Glasgow. 

Now it's just a part of my life she endures, like a mistress I guess. I think now she thinks it's sort of amazing but still pretty weird. She was in shock when I lent Gunn my Vive, this internet guy who I'd never met but trusted enough to lend him this thing I adored so much. Then I got a PM from his missus while we were on Arran and I don't think she'd ever seen my start to cry before. It was such a shock and we were having lunch at the time. Sarah thought it was either my Mum or Dad. 

Anyway, I suppose partners maybe know of this place but other than that it's hard to explain. There are certainly folk who are really really into forums for websites, but the moment we jumped ship from Edge Magazine to this unassuming place we became something different. It doesn't seem at all unreasonable to assume we'll still be here in 20 years time and that is serious longevity in the face of this social media bollocks we have now. I wouldn't be surprised if we outlasted MyPlace or Facebook or whatever it's called now.
  • Properly sad news! A lovely chap who was a pleasure to play with and talk to. Hope he has a properly good send off tomorrow. RIP Fella, you will be missed
  • It's good to see you posting Jimmy. Sad occasion as it is.

We're a family of sorts. I'm the eccentric uncle who doesn't get invited to most gatherings because he called grandad a cunt and ,but we all still hurt together.
  • legaldinho wrote:
    It's good to see you posting Jimmy. Sad occasion as it is.

We're a family of sorts. I'm the eccentric uncle who doesn't get invited to most gatherings because he called grandad a cunt and ,but we all still hurt together.

You also danced way too close to and started grinding on your brothers wife, while incredibly drunk. Everyone was uncomfortable with it. Once pulled up on it you apologised but 5 minutes later you’re walking around the venue, drink in hand and shirt an absolute mess, loudly shouting homophobic slurs at people.
  • Oh yeah I totes forgot
  • I once tried to convince Gonzo's missus Hitler was just a bit lost. She took it rather well.
  • She's Finnish, they were on the axis side, trufax
  • I hope you're still seeing her, she was great, as are you.
  • *hugs everyone*
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    legaldinho wrote:

You also danced way too close to and started grinding on your brothers wife, while incredibly drunk. Everyone was uncomfortable with it. Once pulled up on it you apologised but 5 minutes later you’re walking around the venue, drink in hand and shirt an absolute mess, loudly shouting homophobic slurs at people.

Does this make me the annoying child with ADHD running around trying to show people my one, incredibly lame, magic trick, looking for any validation?
  • regmcfly wrote:
    legaldinho wrote:

Does this make me the annoying child with ADHD running around trying to show people my one, incredibly lame, magic trick, looking for any validation?

Naw, you’re a fully grown man. You get put at a table with the other young couples and you sit next to your cousins boyfriend. At some point he mentions that he likes Gorky’s and that’s a huge mistake - you basically steal his time for the rest of the wedding and decide to educate him on all the good music and movies he should be enjoying because if he likes Gorky’s then you know he’s got taste for good media not the trash that everyone else listens to or watches. By 11pm the guy is desperately trying to escape from you, but you’re too wrapped up in listing the masterpieces of 90s Japanese cinema to notice. His missus, bored at abandonment, is on the dance floor, where Gonzo is sloppily trying his luck.
  • So I've managed to get tomorrow off, and am planning to go down for the funeral. It appears to be the same crematorium I've been to for all my family funerals, so that will be an experience.

If anyone else was looking to go, PM me for my mobile number and I'd be happy to meet up beforehand.

Very happy one of us Badgers is attending, good stuff Dants, please pass our best wishes and condolences on.

• Haha reg your cousin gave me a blowie trufax
  • This is really sad. I admired Mostly Harmless breezy stoicism and lack of bitterness. I can’t imagine the difficulties him and his family went through.

It’s nice to see tightness in a community even if it’s geographically scattered.

• Really sad to hear this. RIP Mostly.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    We organising a fund for a tribute of anykind?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • I was going to ask the same  thing.  There had been some discussion about maybe doing a Child's Play in his honour?  I also wondered if Dante would mind letting us know if there's a collection or anything at the funeral, and if so whether there's a way we could donate to that?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!