RIP Mostly. Fundraising link in OP.
  • Gremill wrote:
    Speedhaak wrote:
    There is a donation thing, for St Ann's Hospice, Little Hulton and the Beechwood Centre which can be sent to the funeral service.

Are we going to contribute to this or provide our own avenue of contribution?

When I lost my step-dad to cancer a few years ago the Hospice he was in was just incredible both in the run up to his death and in the aftermath, looking after my mum. These organisations rely heavily on donations and volunteers and as money available from the public purse gets strangled by austerity they need donations from the actual public more and more.

I’d be happy to contribute to any cause, but I feel the Hospice is the right one.

Agreed - I floated child’s play before, but that was in the absence of any desired charity from Julia. Now that we know where she’d like the money to go, I think that’s the best and only choice.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    Speedhaak wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    Yeah, we were bowled over by the gesture that a guy sitting in a hospice hundreds of miles away would PayPal us money for a round of drinks at a forum meet he couldn't attend. Absolute legend.
    Wow, what great character.
    That’s superb. What a guy.

That is indeed very touching.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Fuck. I thought he had longer. We’d exchanged a few messages, he was asking me for tips because he wanted to visit Japan.

Fuck.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    I'll be away for a few days until Tueaday so I'd appreciate if someone who has my number on whatsapp would message me if something is decided upon. 

Cheers lads.

Will keep an eye on it all and message you Haak if there’s updates.

He was a top guy, his input and his absolute positivity will be sorely missed.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just come back home and this is the first thread I have read, sad sad news. I didn’t talk to Mostly much on here but he seemed a nice enough guy for the odd exchange we had and anyone dying younger than me is a bloody sad state of affairs. Much respect to Dante for making the trip, top man. I will contribute to any worthwhile cause just post the link. RiP.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Very late here, been away because of fear, but I did see it at the time, bloody sucks, I just guess maybe when we do anything we do it in his name
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • That is, weirdly enough, near enough what was said at the funeral.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    There isn't a like but I like that
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Nice to see you Cocko. I hope you are well mate.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    As time rolls on it's inevitable that these kinds of events are what will draw us back to say hallo. Eventually it will be just Petey left alive, the decrepit custodian of a lifetime of shared memories. Also we'll all have been uploaded to the cloud by then and will be still posting in our own distinctive but uncanny valley-ish styles.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I'm late to this all but this is terrible news.

Rest easy, Mos.  You've earned it.

P.s The top trumps are awesome. I'm the shitter that you play at the end. Haha!
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I received the following text from Julia this morning:
    Sorry I've not been in touch. I'm finding everything a bit difficult at the moment and haven't been able to find the words express what I want to say. I still can't, but didnt want to leave it any longer so...

Thank you for sharing the link. I have read everything (which was no mean feat through imcreasingly tear filled eyes).
    Thank you for all of your kind words and reflections, they brought both comfort and sadness (the good kind).
    He really was one of the good guys.

Thank you too to Alex (?, sorry I am rubbish with names) for attending the funeral..it meant so much to me that one of you was there as I know what a huge part of Rob's life you all were. I had initially included a gaming analogy about respawning in the eulogy, but the celebrant suggested there would only be a limited number of people that would appreciate it and it might upset others so I bowed to pressure (for perhaps the only time in my life) and removed it. Sorry I did now.

I am (as Rob would be) honoured that you want to do something in his memory. Whatever you decide on will be perfect, I'm sure.

Look after each other x
  • Thanks for posting that Yoss, god it puts a lot of things into perspective doesn’t it...

I can’t begin to imagine what she’s going through, it’s so incredibly kind to have written anything at all, but to have written such a lovely message is really appreciated from everyone I’m sure.

Let’s try and look after each other ay x
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Lovely words and perfect ending sentiment.
  • Thanks for forwarding that on Yoss.

Hugs to everyone.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Should change the don't be a dick rule to that tbh.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:

I second that.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • That’s a really good idea. Nice one pea.
  • davyK wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:

I second that.

Thirded. That sums up what we should all consider when posting anything here.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yeah, good shout.
  • Oof, just had one of those moments when I remembered Mostly was gone. One of those missed heartbeats when you realise you won't get to chat/see/laugh with someone again.

Miss you Mostly xo
  • tin_robot wrote:
    It looks like you can set up a fundraising page for St Ann's using Everday Hero (it looks to be the right one - they have 3 hospices, one of which is Little Hulton).   We could do one specifically as a B&B fundraiser, in Mostly's memory, if someone's happy to do the setting up?  Then maybe Yos could let his wife know once we've hit our target?

I've set up one of these for St.Ann's in the sponsored play thread - where forum members sponsor others to complete games - but I'll put the link here in case anyone wants to add to it without having to play anything or sponsor anyone. 

https://give.everydayhero.com/uk/sponsored-badgering
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Added to the OP.
  • Nice one Moot. Donation sent.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    Also we'll all have been uploaded to the cloud by then and will be still posting in our own distinctive but uncanny valley-ish styles.

Mostly's Driveatar joined me on a Forza Horizon 2 road trip the other night, and beat me to whatever the destination was for good measure, which was a little weird when I noticed it, but made me smile. I didn't really know him and had been avoiding this thread due to not knowing what to say, so I'm glad that this happened to encourage me in... It sounds like he was a genial gent who would've been lovely to know. Great choice of username too. I hope that he is enjoying 'more of an après vie' to quote Douglas Adams.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    tin_robot wrote:
    It looks like you can set up a fundraising page for St Ann's using Everday Hero (it looks to be the right one - they have 3 hospices, one of which is Little Hulton).   We could do one specifically as a B&B fundraiser, in Mostly's memory, if someone's happy to do the setting up?  Then maybe Yos could let his wife know once we've hit our target?

I've set up one of these for St.Ann's in the sponsored play thread - where forum members sponsor others to complete games - but I'll put the link here in case anyone wants to add to it without having to play anything or sponsor anyone. 

https://give.everydayhero.com/uk/sponsored-badgering

Given a donation. I meant to do it sooner but it slipped my mind.

Hopefully it helps. I know from personal experience how much good places like St. Ann's, do.

• I've been on holiday for a week and I've got the alerts set to my work email.  The £150 target has already been smashed, which is smashing - especially considering the cut off date is set to Feb 2019.  Good stuff.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just got back off hols too. Have donated.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Donated, thanks Moot.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!