B&B DnD or P&P RPG, potentially? Apparently Definitely.
  • I googled that info for my story as well. The dnd wiki is choc full of good stuff.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Fucked it everyone, sorry for page turn.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Good stuff, Nina, I'll just have to carve out an hour or two over the next few evenings to really look at the handbook properly.

I'm going to try not to fall back on my normal rich girl gone rogue backstory.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    urgh, had my computer in sleep mode as I don't know how to save a pdf in the browser. Everything's deleted... I'll try to get it filled in again today.

Will you be checking if the stats etc are ok @Tempy or do you believe we got this?
  • I want to check everyone’s stuff if possible
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Pfew.

I'm gonna fill in all this again for the 3rd time, won't promise I'll have it with you today, but I will complete this task before the weekend.
  • I made a start on the PHB today, I've got the bare skeletons going. I downloaded an app for my dice throws so I can start adding in points soon. Will probs be able to upload my character sheet by Sunday.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Just uploaded mine, it's still pretty rough (I don't know how to fill in the saving throw and skill numbers) but it's all that I can do today.

Wouldn't mind a lookover and some feedback Tempy, before I start working on the last bits (some things just need to be filled in, like I've just named the character traits / features but not wrote down what they do).
  • Mine is ready up on dropbox for checking temps if you haven't seen it yet.
  • I've got a name! I've chosen race and class, got a seed of a backstory planted. I'll probably do the same as Nina and put up a rough draft tomorrow to see if I'm doing things right.
  • I'll take a look in the AM
  • Temps - will get a character sorted out either tonight or over the weekend.

You happy if I use the more advanced character stuff like Dragonborne, Tiefling and Paladin, Ranger etc. ?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Oh, am I not supposed to use a tiefling? I can make some modifications if not. Just thought they looked pretty cool.
  • None of that stuff is advanced, it just isn't in the Starter Set, which is no indication of how complex it is or anything, it's just the 5 most familiar classes.
  • Yeah - it’s all beginner stuff, it’s just that the free download only contains half the classes / races, to encourage people to get the whole PHB.
  • Haha this stuff makes me laugh

'I can tell what a material's
    characteristics are just by
    smelling it.'
  • Also I thought I made it clear but maybe I didn't... you should be making Level 2 characters! 

Not that it matters, you can make a Level 1 character, and then level it up when you're more comfortable with the sheet.
  • Taken longer than expected but I think it's just the spells I need to fill in now.  I'll make a stab at an upload tomorrow.
  • Character uploaded Temps. 

Need to do spells I think but rest is there. Let me know what you think!
  • Oh yeah - I did rolls for stats so hopefully it's alright.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Character uploaded Temps. 

Need to do spells I think but rest is there. Let me know what you think!

Just checked Dropbox on my phone and the pdf on there didn't show my backstory for some reason. I'll try and check tomorrow
  • MattyJ wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    Character uploaded Temps.  Need to do spells I think but rest is there. Let me know what you think!
    Just checked Dropbox on my phone and the pdf on there didn't show my backstory for some reason. I'll try and check tomorrow

QUAD POST 

Just checked on the dropbox on my PC and seems to be in order!
  • Updated my sheet to make Bungo Level 2 to spare the wrath of Tempy!
  • A wise move

Honestly they all seem totally fine as far as I can tell. Any tweaks might need to be minor such as putting certain rules for abilities and certain things on your sheet for easy reference for me and player, as well as making sure your Bonuses are listed instead of the stat number as the latter is rarely used.
  • Matty you've used a weird character sheet that I am not used to?
  • Tempy wrote:
    Matty you've used a weird character sheet that I am not used to?

Soooooooooooooo I used it off dnd beyond which apparently is a wotc supported site. But can transpose it to a different one now all the information is there
  • If you could! It just helps me locate stuff at a glance if I am swapping between sheets!
  • If people stick with this for a while, D&D beyond is well worth using - Tempy can have all of the characters sheets synced and can even add/remove items remotely. Plus, you can get a discount because of Critical Role sponsorship.

But, obviously, for the one shot it’s best to use formats Tempy knows best.
  • I'm getting a bit confused with the spells.  How many spells can a level 2 druid select?  I can see that I have three spell slots per spell level, but not sure what that actually means when it comes to selecting my spells.
  • As long as a Wild Shape you'll have picked a Druid Circle, and you should also know 2 Cantrips and 3 1st Level Spells. Cantrips are quick spells you can instantly cast with zero prep.

Spells are different, as per the PHB: 
    You prepare the list of druid spells that are available for you to cast, choosing from the druid spell list. When you do so, choose a number of druid spells equal to your Wisdom modifier + your druid level (minimum of one spell). The spells must be of a level for which you have spell slots. For example, if you are a 3rd-level druid, you have four 1st-level and two 2nd-level spell slots. With a Wisdom of 16, your list of prepared spells can include six spells of 1st or 2nd level, in any combination. If you prepare the 1st-level spell cure wounds, you can cast it using a 1st-level or 2nd-level slot. Casting the spell doesn’t remove it from your list of prepared spells. You can also change your list of prepared spells when you finish a long rest. Preparing a new list of druid spells requires time spent in prayer and meditation: at least 1 minute per spell level for each spell on your list.

So you can prep 6 spells from the Druid List, but only cast 2 of them per long rest. Treat spell slots like consumables, sort of? Chapter 10 does a good job of explaining it all.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!