Desert Island Discs: Gaming Edition
  • Actually, swapping Sea of Thieves for GTA5 might be the smart move, just for the game play variety...
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Can't grumble with that.  It is what it is as they say.

Well now I'm grumbling with it. I originally read DS's post as "only one online" when it actually says "one online only". So, I dunno.
  • why super mario bros?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • The purity of it. Picking any one Mario is hard...the original still feels best to just pick up and 'run at it' for 10 minutes. Plus I've played it that much already, it's the only game that's actually been tested and come through the sort of prolonged exposure that a game needs to survive to keep you going on a desert island! ;)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • I have similar feelings about the original super MARIO bros.

It feels like one of the few mario games you can blaze through left to right without feeling like you’re missing a lot.
  • You get a choice of 8 games. 
    Breath of the Wild
    Super Mario Galaxy 2
    Yakuza 0
    Advance Wars Dual Strike
    We <3 Katamari
    Super Monkey Ball
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

One is online only. Steel Battalion: Line of Contact

One piece of gaming literature. 
    Hyrule Historia

One gaming luxury: Sega Rally arcade cabinet (twin sit)
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • This is the first time I've noticed the brief is 8 games rather than 10.
  • It's that kind of inattentiveness that got you stranded on this island in the first place.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Surely we should all be taking crap games to increase the chances of actually noticing passing boats/planes?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Shamelessly nicked from rllmuk. You get a choice of 8 games, one online only. Consoles/PC included with the game. One piece of gaming literature. One gaming luxury, that isn't 'more games' you clever bastard. Obviously wi-fi and electricity is included. GO LADS GO

I think as long as I have a 3DS and a copy of Ocarina of Time, that'll do me fine.

But for the sake of the thread, it'd have to be games that I could happily play over and over again. No point picking something amazing if I'd only play it once. (E.g., RE7). So:

1) Ocarina of Time (N64, 3DS, GameCube, whatevs)
    2) Metroid Prime
    3) DOOM 2016
    4) Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
    5) Puyo Puyo Tetris
    6) Metal Slug 3
    7) Super Mario 64
    8) Phantasy Star Online (I'll forgo online multiplayer on DOOM and PTT.)

Gaming luxury: a nice chair and a shady tree, so I can see the screen even when it's stupid hot on the island.

Gaming literature... can I blag a subscription to EDGE? A copy washes up in a bottle each month? If not, I'll go for Phoenix IV: The History of the Videogame Industry. Not read it, so fingers crossed it's good.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Just thought of Resi 4. That's perfect over-and-over-again material. Now I have to pick which one to swap out. Probably MGS:TS or SM64.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Online game
    Forza Horizon 4 *see gaming luxury
    (Also assuming I won’t be on the island until the end of October, if not then FH3)

Offline games
    Dark Souls Remastered
    Mario Kart 8 DX
    Breath of the Wild
    Stardew Valley
    Tetris
    Monster Hunter Generations
    Metroid Prime

Literature
    A full printed transcript of every forum post in a very thick book.

Luxury
    A regular team of FNF guys ready and willing to play with

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!