LEGO - wotevs (blanket thread)
  • Jaco wrote:
    No, you did something silly...

You’re not wrong there.

Dthy4XOWsAAYwqH.jpg

I’m such a fucking donkey.
  • Good man!
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • @Andy I showed my 4yo the videos of that crane. She loves it, but its a bit too much for now. Hope you enjoy it though, looks like a fantastic build.

For my lego, I have half a dozen sets I love.

Lego Ideas - Doctor Who and the Space mech
    Lego Space Police Mission Commander
    Porsche 911 GT3RS
    Saturn V
    Architecture Studio

My wife also got me some moku blocks (wooden laser cut) Lego-compatible bits which I will try and integrate into the architecture creations when I spontaneously develop an imagination.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Oooh, and a Lego Technic Cormorant rescue chopper.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • I'd love to get the Saturn V, but I've pretty much blown my LEGO budget for this year...
  • I haven't done a build since the death star.. apart from multiple smaller sets for my son.

I liked the idea of the Saturn V but I worry it would be a repeatative build what with essentially being a giant tube.

Aston Martin DB5 with working james bond gadgets next for me.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    Aston Martin DB5 with working james bond gadgets next for me.

That's supposed to be a lovely build. Skondo has it, IIRC.

My agenda for next year is a UCS Slave 1, UCS Red 5 X-Wing and (if I can find one for sensible money) a UCS B-Wing. I'd quite like a 76023 Tumbler too, but they're going for silly money at the moment.

It's about that point I will completely run out of space in my study for any more LEGO. I feel some bargaining with the wife for a LEGO room loft-conversion coming on...

EDIT: FYI fellow AFOLs – LEGO's VIP program is offering 20% off all Technic sets until 6/12. If you've been looking to pick up the 911 GT3 (retiring soon) or the Chiron, might be a good opportunity.
  • Build one with lego
  • UCS...?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I have my Death Star and Ferrari F40 in the dining room and My Millenium Falcon and AT-AT in the upstairs spare room.
    The Forum Herald™
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    UCS...?

Ultimate Collector's Series. You can get UCS models across most LEGO ranges, but I'm collecting the Star Wars ones. They're bigger, more detailed, more difficult to construct and (usually) pricier. Proper adult builds, basically.
  • Bob wrote:
    I have my Death Star and Ferrari F40 in the dining room and My Millenium Falcon and AT-AT in the upstairs spare room.

No chance Mrs J would allow LEGO overspill into the main living areas, sadly.
  • I'm currently assembling my Winter scenes. May photo it once done. It's the one time of the year when Lego is acceptable!

But the kids keep messing with it. Guess I need some Kragle.
  • Jaco wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    UCS...?
    Ultimate Collector's Series. You can get UCS models across most LEGO ranges, but I'm collecting the Star Wars ones. They're bigger, more detailed, more difficult to construct and (usually) pricier. Proper adult builds, basically.

Ooooooooh
  • They are nice, aye.

Here's some shots of my UCS Falcon, just after finishing it last year (excuse the crappy quality phone pics):

EDIT: Pics deleted and moved to later post because I broke the internet.
  • That Falcon is a thing of beauty. When you guys talk about free-builds what are you normally up to? Vehicles? Cities? Dioramas?
  • Almost anything really. My go to is vehicles, mainly sci-fi, but I’ll happily try anything.

Planning a space port diorama at the moment (Mos Eisley kind of thing) and a sci-fi smuggling ship/crew; but not sure I’ve enough spare minifigs to make it work. May have to do some purchasing...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    We have more minifigures than we know what to do with (given to us, long story). Could have a root for anything you might need. My lad hasn't even looked at one of the bags...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    (I'm talking 2 Tesco bags each half full of the things ).
  • FranticPea wrote:
    (I'm talking 2 Tesco bags each half full of the things ).

What. Really??

Crikey fella, that's a lot of minifigs. More than happy to purchase some off you if they're in good nick. Mainly after sci-fi (ish) themed stuff (spacemen, aliens etc); but City minifigs (civilians, workers, builders etc.) would work too. Let me know if you've any spare and how much you want for them :)
  • Jaco wrote:
    Almost anything really. My go to is vehicles, mainly sci-fi, but I’ll happily try anything. Planning a space port diorama at the moment (Mos Eisley kind of thing) and a sci-fi smuggling ship/crew; but not sure I’ve enough spare minifigs to make it work. May have to do some purchasing...
    Sounds great. Post pics!
  • @jaco, pics of UCS Falcon not showing for me. Maybe another time.
  • Will do. May take a bit though. We moved house this weekend just gone, and this is the current state of my office / LEGO room:

ua6nYl4bTqBcx6PJNVp_CanHolWg_FIbSb66KXXWwqSu7RDT-DGDpqwRTxAvI11_1xdv19pGRef82bXnjXX408PNwuS_wCHU66yXjxZnj8zlh4AJNmvIRS5067oDe0VqYizjTxix5hlCYxPfOM9om1YJ9p7uhF2I4RhpKsJpeSosON09WHCstpqWgu2kbGgT0XvD8-L69kwNCQKA4lTzZhK4G3Qzz78Yzr1Fjefd-lpSs2nS1fM8Ue5QKNB63V2bvhjimpnmDYg9N4_D-m7hHKYvMmccozHL9uht7Cjh7Ed-0cI2_ObiOwIk72KL9EHtZ7HS3e9wqQl3MqV0ZatcL_fEtP5RLjA6nVZIYIs_jMxTc1j_0x3Sk0LcU4AtWxeyQy_1XfhEPi4FsEl1fKYgrmkDXnB-eOvMQydQe2Zwt7kQyjtJ5lLn8eRYqSWLLR0hHpMKTx7leeQbX1EXRNuUKdgdYaGQRdAHNC0Irmkw6RrbLfTg3PUMOfBXCWbICembJtvBIHUCQq2Zj4nrWApuoWHu-Pc--IYlu2p-4cBzR8t0ZkEOFS2pbbW3VLU7QntWb6RLdIiU_kWATI9sLgLodx8cECmgciIcezj570VeWAZcS1YlW5CO_G1Zc15miIKifFwkikDUZlsui5zyuLLuUsX0mQ=w709-h946-no2GB4etj23aHyVy8LQzH8y48AFZQTjIiKeSEzA1hoiPIEEM1XMuNSVlTEQ9jv15b_bc2h77QSkEQMkmVA27QE0_nInKt0o4ve7uhQz3LdsedDcy445e9wxUXpZJwjfCTyulz9gNBckQ3xUrDTWMS8KoPgf9NfXshGYoZ6pgtWCjTJblzmIIFyqJhEusEIL5Zk7ksyyyVNRME4y7BfQLChFQYT70bUTX6qmmIhELMoSTGHzs4mvePYTAok6gsSG94MSwmjWvFTMXNTYstEPiZZnO_3SnHorBxaKFla0Lz6-kzkPelBshl0iwy7m3cZlibQBY3zcmoz0qZTfNY6P81gE4osRucKBT5ecANcPwn0XREcGu-pQs7mILlW4r0LQlTfHmyth92RGzm6VAcssnTa2bJDpYXcdJBTtwVDckJn5OBbVzeIrjOt2Imk-gcIamZj70wcqDdBDgbmEqmzvUOk_wtZlrwXwePOFOlfruiMYQozC68ISBTmwDkr9nlUp_HbQd-HbEBB04VMHYyi3xxjVHyL0cQeE5rDYZrkRouZbUu9_o9DNNEqbUoY7Y4ylMkM6IYqY6idZu2LRhSI3kDC92JrbjVWO_GuAFaHfuNbYxxr-g4U7zPku0AS0Km95fGEHqLVvQJo97bh48ktmgmlzZLokQ=w1260-h945-no

Ahahahaha, kill me.

The free-build plans will have to wait until I've rebuild all my Star Wars models, the Speed Champions collection and the random models I have (Ferrari F40, Wall•E etc.). May take a few weeks! Planning a few build days over the upcoming break though.
  • Jim, bad news, your office is actually a broom cupboard.
  • Turns out Jaco is Andy Peters.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Jim, bad news, your office is actually a broom cupboard.

It blooming well feels like it at the moment. (Desk/computer etc is out of shot, obvs.)
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    @jaco, pics of UCS Falcon not showing for me. Maybe another time.

Nor me yet strangely the office is. Same host, so not that, curious
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    @jaco, pics of UCS Falcon not showing for me. Maybe another time.
    Nor me yet strangely the office is. Same host, so not that, curious

Weird. They're all just linked from Google Photos...
  • Not showing for me, either. Not sure the links end in .jpg or .png or whatever, which is probably the issue.
  • Weird. Must be a browser issue as they show fine for me...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!