LEGO - wotevs (blanket thread)
  • True. But it’s also more rewarding...
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • I imagine I'd find it easier than Super Meat Boy, Dark Souls and the like. I'd certainly get further with it.
  • I’ve carried the Death Star up stairs to the man cave
    The Forum Herald™
  • AJ wrote:
    I imagine I'd find it easier than Super Meat Boy, Dark Souls and the like. I'd certainly get further with it.

I dunno. A 35,000 piece custom build like that is probably 20 hours a week for 6 months of research, planning, testing, building, rebuilding...

• Sounds less than I'd expect Dark Souls to take me. It's definitely more commitment than I'd be prepared to put in but I really don't get on with difficult games as well as I do with creative things.
  • It's more the 4 grand on parts that's the issue for me.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    WorKid wrote:
    It's more the 4 grand on parts that's the issue for me.

Don't buy an Alfa

Seriously though, the bit's that I enjoyed about that are the lessons he's learnt along the way. The sliding bars that locked items into place or released driods/ships for play, the building of rooms as self contained modules for ease of removal, some really clever stuff that I for one wouldn't have even thought about
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • 48414167_10218497428606053_4280845220192452608_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fgci1-1.fna&oh=fa0c2fd5fbd396d5dd7d664a78978b26&oe=5CD75EA7

Built the son's Lego police station. It was quite a satisfying build. Plenty of bits for him to play with.

He loves it too. Proper playing with it. Which is nice.

He got a Lego snow plough too but he fired the snow cannon and lost all the bits within about 10 minutes.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Nice. Get ‘em started early. Good stuff Bob.

I finished the Slave 1 UCS. Took about 6 hours. Really nice build, and the finished model is stunningly well realised. Nicely modelled and highly detailed on the underside too, which is unusual.

The Tron bike set is a cool little build too, would definitely recommend it. May have to wire it up for lighting though to get the full effect.

Mrs J is putting her Technic Mack truck together at the moment, which looks fab (tractor cab done - just the trailer section to finish); and I’ve started rebuilding the Falcon. Should keep me busy well into next week that...

EDIT: Pics...

IMG-1139.jpg
    IMG-1141.jpg
    IMG-1143.jpg
    IMG-1146.jpg
    IMG-1147.jpg
    IMG-1149.jpg
    IMG-1154.jpg
  • Mrs J finally finished her Mack truck. Awesome build. Fully modelled interior; working pistons, differentials and steering; functioning trailer-hitch mechanism; locking container and fully functioning mechanical hoists and trailer stabiliser legs. Highly recommended, but a pretty technical build. A couple of stages in the manual can easily be misread and you wouldn't find out until a number of stages later. Cue much swearing and cursing as the cogs won't align. Still, it's pretty epic.

IMG-1163.jpg
    IMG-1164.jpg
    IMG-1165.jpg
    IMG-1166.jpg
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I can indeed confirm that Lego DC Supervillains is a top wee title, without you guys, as I got it for Christmas. ;) The over world is huge, and it manages to shoe-horn in every character from the DC universe without it feeling contrived. (It does help that it's presented in lego-o-vision, and the plot is typically silly.) I wouldn't call myself a comics expert, but it was still nice to have characters turn up I'd never heard of. I recently encountered Mazahs in the story, and found Chang Tzu hidden in the over world.

I'm also just starting to realise just how much there is to do, as there are multiple collectibles and things to find on each level, and hundreds of characters to unlock. It suffers from the occasional bug, and the way forward is often obtuse, but it's still fun to bumble around and figure it out. There's also a problem with the controls, as 'switch character' is mapped to X, but characters that can change size have that ability on 'hold X'. So there's bits where you need to be large Clay Face, but the game keeps interpreting your button holds as presses, so you bounce between Joker and Sinestro, or some shit.

Perfectly suited to bed-bound sessions with headphones on the Switch, this might be the first Lego game I get to the end of.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Have you got Lego City Undercover? Brilliant game. Needs more love.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    That looks brilliant, definitely want to invest in some lego once I'm secure again. Love the mini/micro models. Some are pure trash but lots have great ingenuity
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • WorKid wrote:
    Have you got Lego City Undercover? Brilliant game. Needs more love.

I thought it was just me! It is great, isn’t it? Played it at my brother’s and was surprised how good it was. Sat on my pile as the next title after I finish Forza Horizon 4.
  • I’ve got it. Keep meaning to go back to it.
  • The Falcon is rebuilt, and all of a sudden my office is significantly smaller.

IMG-1168.jpg
    IMG-1169.jpg

Next up, some MOC work. This one will be REALLY big...
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    WorKid wrote:

That was on Wii U, right? Did it get any ports?

For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Switch.

Edit: and PS4, XBO, and PC.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    WorKid wrote:

That was on Wii U, right? Did it get any ports?

I have it on Xbone.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    Switch.

Problem solved. When DCSV gets completed, that might be next in the queue.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Incredibles is fun too so far.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I dunno, I might make myself sad when I start fancying Lego Mrs. Incredible.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Pah, she's no Wyldstyle.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Ban request. Pervert.
  • I did sank alot of time into lego city undercover. Love alot of the in references to films.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Lego lord of the rings has been with drawn form sale on all online platforms
    The Forum Herald™
  • Weird. Rights issue I guess?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    There was probably a time limit on the character rights.
  • I thought this was pretty interesting.  It seems those massive sales drop offs for pretty much all this years regular ginormo franchises didn’t have the slack taken up by digital sales (that aren’t counted in uk charts).  General headline though is that we’re rapidly moving towards digital (ha, remember all our moaning at the start of the gen?) and Game really need to diversify a bit fucking quicker.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-01-03-uk-video-game-sales-now-80-percent-digital

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!