LEGO - wotevs (blanket thread)
  • It’s a bit misleading cos
    The 80% spent on digital includes digital subscriptions such as live etc and micro transactions
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Yeah, there is that bob.  Also thanks for not questioning why I posted this in the Lego thread.  Quoted in the news thread now instead.
  • Lol no worries
  • Bob wrote:
    Lego lord of the rings has been with drawn form sale on all online platforms
    LivDiv wrote:
    Weird. Rights issue I guess?
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    There was probably a time limit on the character rights.

That had dialogue from the film, didn't it? Might have something to do with it.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Latest unlocks in Lego DC: Kite Man, Condiment King, and Detective Chimp. God help me, I love this game.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • ʞɔnɟ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I've not even watched Stranger Things and I want that.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I've had a mindstorms EV3 kit for years that I've never got around to building. Decided to open it up with the boy yesterday, it's class! On the one hand I'm disappointed I left it this long to put together, on the other it's been good to share the fun with Jamie.

We're about halfway through building the main robot, just done the first program to test his tracks out.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Pics!
  • I want this Pirates of Barracuda Bay set so bad.
    https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/pirates-of-barracuda-bay-21322

Check that box art. It is just like when I was a kid

21322_Box3_v29.jpg

Pirate Lego was definitely my thing. Pirates and Castle, but mainly Pirates.

It converts into a bloody ship as well!
    LEGO-Ideas-21322-Pirates-of-Barracuda-Bay-Review-hPmIe-81-2048x1365.jpg
  • Just behind the Lego Ideas logo on the box is a nod to the Indigo Islanders statues.
  • Yeah I keep seeing that, it looks rad. I also had some
    of the slightly racist Indigo Islander stuff as a kid.

These days my plastic toy money is all Warhammer and Gunpla though
  • I had a fair bit of the dubious Indigo stuff.
    I loved the ship the above was based on, my mate had it and it was quite the thing. I had a slightly smaller Navy ship in the same line and a pirate island.
  • Bought the boy two new sets for his birthday on Monday a cool bat mobile and some shit ninjago shit that he likes but always seems incredibly poor value to me
  • I just bored-bought a load of the knockoff stuff off AliExpress. Bought a fair bit in the past, it’s good quality. Not Lego quality but damn close.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I’m contemplating that pirate ship / island. Ridiculous price, no where to put it, way too advanced for the kid and the dog will wreck it. Still tempted. I had the pirate ship as a kid and remember assembling it with my dad (well I remember watching him do it and playing with it afterwards).
  • It has got me right in the nostalgia.
  • Tempy wrote:
    ... Gunpla though
    \o
  • Ohoho yes.

I had a bunch of cash saved up for a new AoS army, but I decided I didn't like the full reveal, and I should probably just work on my Tyranids instead. Sadly quarnatine and Uni haven't been kind on my painting, i've done nothing. But I did treat myself to a few Gundam! 

Got an MG Red Astray Kai cos it's got a silly sword, and a HG Grimgerde cos it was like.. £15 and a really good kit according to reviews. I have also ordered the RG Evangelion Unit-01 - but no word on its arrival yet. Placed Pre-orders on the Unit-00 and the RX-78 Global version too. 

The nerdiest shit, but they're works of absolute engineering genius. Putting them together had me utterly flabbergasted, especially the MG Kai, it's like 10 years old and is so complex in how it goes together and artiulates.

P6iwyfc.jpg

The IBO kit even has a wee inner frame! On a £15 kit!
    V8kOw53.jpg

KsWuiZb.jpg
  • Lovely work on the detailing there Tempy!

I've got the blue MG astray amongst various other MGs (RX 78, RX 178, Kampfer, Zaku) and a PG Strike. Went a bit mad last time I was over in Japan and I've still got a PG Red Astray and a couple MGs to make. Also a couple of SDs as that's what got me into them when I was a kid visiting grandparents in Japan - grandad in UK gets me into Airfix kits, grandad in Japan gets me into SD gundam kits.

It's the knee and shoulder articulations that I really love in the MGs. PGs even more so as the fingers in the hands are individually articulated! :-D That was the first bit I did for the PG Strike  -jumped straight to build instructions for the honds :-)
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    No RG love...

I've started painting my SD yesterday, scary but a lot of fun!
  • The Honds are insane. Only having a small flat means I'll probably stick to RG from here on out, unless there is a particularly tasty MG kit. Like the MG Barbatos Lupus. WORKING TORSO PISTONS!!!!!
  • Nina wrote:
    No RG love... I've started painting my SD yesterday, scary but a lot of fun!
    Ooh, I'd not seen RG before! The internal frame looks pretty nifty, and the size is probably a lot more conducive to being allowed as work desk juju rather than the MGs.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah I'm going RG's for small size and detail, will keep them to out of the box builds.

I'm painting a 2nd hand $2 SD now that started all this again, and I have a second hand HG that I also might paint, and see which one is more fun painting and possibly scribing.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I have done a couple MG's years ago, but gave them away when we moved to the US. I'm now sticking to 1/144 and-or SD's so I can bring them back to Europe more easily.
  • I was in Sainsburys earlier and thought fuck it Imma treat myself to a little Lego kit.

I got this 3 in 1 Creator plane. £7.50 reduced from £9. These 3 in 1 sets come with separate manuals for each version as well so it's not just guessing from the picture on the box.

It's the therapeutic building time I like about Lego for the most so having 3 cracks at it is great.

6522039_00_W900_H1173.jpg
  • That’s actually nice.
  • It had some neat work around the front part of the plane and the engines.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!