Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • So snecko with defect. Starting to think it's not good.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    its good with every char
  • Not a fan.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Seriously next level with Ironclad, I've had it about four times and won three of those runs
  • Snecko with defect can work, hyperbeam, meteor strike, sunder, doom and gloom, glacier, force field, fusion, echo form, creative AI and all for one synergies with it, but I think you have to build towards it early, as I find defect builds can end up lie silent decks where you're just playing a lot of zero and one mana cards each turn and trying to cycle through your deck quickly, which snecko eye will totally fuck with of you take it in that scenario.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    So snecko with defect. Starting to think it's not good.

Fucked me every time.
  • Fair. I've had great success with snecko with silent and ironclad, but it's screwed me every time with defect.
  • Part of it is that it's so easy to end up with a lot of energy so being able play 4+ cards per turn even if they're 2 cost + is semi frequent anyway.
  • Like any Relic it isn't an auto win. It's decidedly powerful because it averages out the cost of all your cards to roughly 1.5 (according to smart people) and crucially it draws you two more cards every turn, which is massive. But if your deck is all 1 cost and 0 cost cards, it's going to be hard or impossible to justify it without 4 energy in the bank. Context is king. There are lots of very good cards that cost a lot with the Defect that become valid when Snecko Eye is online. I am also 99% sure it combos with All For One, because if a card goes into your discard pile as a 0 cost card, it retains that status until it is drawn from your draw pile again, which means exactly what you think it means.
  • Snecko with Runic Pyramid can get rough.
  • Temps All For One 100% synergises with snecko to pull the modified 0 cost cards into your hand.

I had an 2x All for One deck going and fought snecko and it was top lols as one of the all for ones got turned to 0 mana.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • That’s what I had thought, yep
  • A6 down with ironclad.

Straight forward tight strength build with snecko, demon form and other stength cards. Had feed working and lucked out with barracks late too.

Donut and co down easily.
  • Nicely face!

I've managed to clear Asc7 with Ironclad and Defect now, both times it required use of the lizard tail to keep me alive long enough to deliver the killing blow. 

Ironclad was a pretty tight perfect strike deck that also ended up picking up a demon form, limit break and heavy blow along the way, resurrected and then smashed like 120 damage off time keeper with two perfected strikes in a single turn. 

Defect had a prayer wheel fatty fat fat deck of doing quite a lot of things, while also having 3 biased cognition, and then upgraded fission and dead branch to get quite a lot of big turns out. Came up against the Awakended one, just managed to survive the first phase, then managed to get two turns of crazy stuff out after coming back with lizard tail.
  • A5 done with Silent. bare min poison build. Caltraps saved me. Time eater doing 7 x 3 damage, could quite get him on final turn, the 10 hp from caltraps finished him off before I died on third hit.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That’s a nice way to get the bastard. Been busy with work last few days so have had to kick the habit for a while. The weekend will be different though!
  • Asc.7 in the bag with all characters now. This was one of the most satisfying decks I think I've ever built. Not a skinny deck, but just so many cards or copies of cards that just stack mass amounts of poison, and then I was able to dig up the relic that transfers poison from one enemy to another when it dies which lead to some insane chain reactions on floor 3 with the triple blobs and the mixed units of floaty rock wankers. 

Timekeeper even with his halfway refresh of poison couldn't prevent the absolute dose of super aids he was given at the hands of this deck, comfortably beat him with like 33% of my health remaining and a spare fairy in a jar still in my potion belt. Disgusting. 

YEWdTIN.jpg
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    yes senpai, smashing it

I'm taking a break from it for a while as feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall around Ascension levels 5/6
  • Yeah I was stuck on Asc 6 for a couple of weeks and then managed to start making progress again randomly. Seems like sometimes you just end up on a run of bad luck.
  • Good effort.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nice run Rouj. Don’t think I’ve ever had 2 crippling clouds let alone 3. Must get back on this.
  • Getting such a mixed bag with defect.

Had a good but expensive deck, so took snecko, forgetting I also had the relic that zaps effects if you play power, skill and attack in same turn.

Really messed me up. Mid battle and suddenly a zero card was stuck costing 3.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Really happy with my Asc 7 run. Got the Timekeeper and didn't think I'd make it. Not many relics as I dodged a lot of Elites, but Feed as my first purchase in the shop really made my game. Nearly bit the bullet on second boss due to hardly any block, but picked up Barricade and Impervious really helped on the latter half of the third stage. First game in a while. Over 200hrs played now.

6n8nE2d.jpg
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Jorbs is doing a charity stream on Twitch and right now he's more or less teaching someone how to play the game, so he takes a bit more time showing stuff. Could be interesting.
  • Nice work on a7!

Could with watching some more how to vids too.

On a good run with defect. Have kept deck tight, and transform and upgrade 3 cards for first choice was a blinder. Chill, glacier and chaos. Get 1 Max hp after each battle, then nabbed relic that gives 6 Max hp for curses. Finally, 3 curses 3 relics dropped on second boss. If I can clear some of these curses, and tighten deck, I'll be hitting 3rd boss 120+hp.

• Died on timekeeper. Last turn.

Next run had worse cards, but worked out the utility of reboot.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Have tried the heart four times now. So hard. Think I need to change strategy and have a more block based deck. Tend to go heavy and try to wipe stuff out before taking much damage. It’s hit and miss with his guards if I end up with more than 50% health. Don’t really want to watch a strategy vid as I’m trying to learn it. At least getting to Asc 8 makes a lot of Asc 1 runs seem easy.
  • I've only beaten the heart once I think, had a ridic Ironclad strength build that was able to hold on long enough to smash out one huge hit and finish the fight. Got to the heart with Silent and Ascension but both times just not been able to mitigate enough damage to see the fight out. Might go back and try again once I hit the next wall. 

But not today, cos Defect is the first character I've got though Asc8, thanks to the classic o long johnson lightning boye deck of echo form, electrodynamics and then ridiculous amounts of hits with Thunderstrike. My man Timekeeper will not know what day of the week it is when he finally wakes up. 
    cIjQZIg.jpg
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nice one! Only IC is on 8 at the mo other characters are lagging behind. Must try harder.
  • Just did defect with a random meh hand. I guess it worked. No enemy intents from the start. The fucker who changes attack if you hit him cost me my lizard tail. Donut bros got fucked by group electro action and necro doing that 2 energy attack all enemies and channel dark twice constantly.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!